• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Werewolves of Miller's Hollow | Game Over! Who could have possibly won?!?!???!

No one agrees with Gheb

Gheb_01|Circus
Mentos that post was beast. I love you again! <3

If we lynch Xonar before 96 hours have passed then I guess his vote for himself will be canceled. It's not something I recommend to do but if Xonar is stubborn we might have no other choice. Mentos said it best: The mere existence of a Sherrif in this game is already WIFOM. Who will become the new Sherrif if the old one dies and why? Why does person X vote for person Y to become the Sherrif? I'd rather not bother with these questions later in the game.

Vote Xonar

Until he unvotes his Sherrif vote. Sorry but if that one vote is enough to skew the entire game with a doublevoter I'd rather just lynch you. Also getting bad vibes from Kirbyo's posts and I don't really like his reasoning.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Stop giving scum ideas :mad: :mad: :mad:

:059:
I gave a solution in the same post.
anyways the ninja was epic mindgaems i waited for u n stuff ya digg?

stop pressuring sleeping people, bad karma guys.

still not liking appointing no sherrif, ofc scum has more profit of being sherrif, but ninjavotes will be ****ed up for town except if we make an universally accepted policy regarding it.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I'm all for lynching anyone that quickly appoints him/herself.
On that note, if someone tries to quickly appoint someone else, I say we lynch the person who cast the vote, not necessarily the appointee. If the elected sheriff should die, then we can let it flush away then.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
^common sense that we vote the one that CASTS it as else it could be easy scum tactic to kill a townie even though that would be p. stupid this early in the game lol. anyways im off for school + then ill hang around + movie this evening sooooo :3

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
NOAWG, why so eager to vote Xonar? Wouldn't you wait for him to actually be appointed as election before you try to lynch him for appointing himself as sheriff?

Yes, the mere existence of there sheriff in this game is WIFOM, but you need to consider that everything in this game is WIFOM. Questions like, "Why does person X vote for person Y to become sheriff" shouldn't be a question you are trying to avoid because of WIFOM. That would actually give us a great deal of info, similarly to how the reasoning behind normal votes net us info.

I'm afraid that you are trying to parrot others without actually understanding the reasoning behind not appointing the sheriff. That and your overeagerness to lynch Xonar before the election is even over makes you look incredibly suspect.

vote: noone agrees with gheb

Also, can you go into more detail about what you don't like about KirbYoshi's posts?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Votecount:
Mayling (1) KevinM
Xonar (1) Kirbyoshi
No one agrees with Gheb (1) Macman

A majority 7 of 13 votes is required to lynch.
The day will end at the latest on Thursday, February 19th, Noon EST.

Event 1: Election!
Mentosman8 (1) Kirbyoshi

All unmentioned currently abstain.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
NOAWG, why so eager to vote Xonar? Wouldn't you wait for him to actually be appointed as election before you try to lynch him for appointing himself as sheriff?

Yes, the mere existence of there sheriff in this game is WIFOM, but you need to consider that everything in this game is WIFOM. Questions like, "Why does person X vote for person Y to become sheriff" shouldn't be a question you are trying to avoid because of WIFOM. That would actually give us a great deal of info, similarly to how the reasoning behind normal votes net us info.

I'm afraid that you are trying to parrot others without actually understanding the reasoning behind not appointing the sheriff. That and your overeagerness to lynch Xonar before the election is even over makes you look incredibly suspect.

vote: noone agrees with gheb

Also, can you go into more detail about what you don't like about KirbYoshi's posts?
Why so eager to vote? cause town is always ***** on swf and wont push for a lynch even if someone does something like this (see: marshy in lodscrew)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I will definitely push hard for whoever ends up sheriff, regardless of how they got there. As Gheb (referring Circus and Gheb, don't know which) (Ithink it was them, I'm on iPhone), the mafia benefits for a doublevoter vastly outweigh town benefits. Like they said, even if the sheriff IS town he/she could end up using it incorrectly. Not to mention terrible WIFOM on who gets elected and why.

I'll amend my earlier statement by saying that I will also be inboard to lynch anyone who has a vote down for anyone to be sheriff at the election time-limit. If you're town, you're only serving to confuse us by making us deal with heavy WIFOM-related issues early on D1.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Sheriff unvote mentos

FoS: Macman

Mac, why are you suspicious of NOAWG for L-voting Xonar, when I did the same thing before them?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Why so eager to vote? cause town is always ***** on swf and wont push for a lynch even if someone does something like this (see: marshy in lodscrew)
Terrible post, Xonar needs to die today and town should step it up and start lynching him.

Vote Xonar

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
It sounds like to me then that there just should be no sheriff.
And just like how McFox said
@Gheb ppl, Mafia benefits from sheriff. Because like he stated. Sheriff could actually use it against our favor and end up getting townies lynched. Another reason is that a Mafia member can take the role of sheriff and lynch townies. Not only that, having a sheriff means they can be target for night kill. So we end up losing a townie.
Also, even if we did end up having sheriff. Would the person they elect be announced? What if sheriff gives it to a mafia member?
Personally, I think it's too risky.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Mac, why are you suspicious of NOAWG for L-voting Xonar, when I did the same thing before them?
I'm suspicious of him for suggesting that we lynch Xonar before the election phase is even over. Before we even know whether or not he'll become the sheriff. Theres absolutely no reason for this, since it might as well wait till after he becomes sheriff to policy-lynch him.

What I am more suspect of though, is NoDawg's shoddy/dumb/wrong reasoning for not wanting the sheriff elected. Like I said, it seems like he was trying to parrot what people said earlier without really understanding the implications.

KirbYoshi, why don't you commit to a vote? Especially this early in the game.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Mac, I have committed. I'm still L-Voting for Xonar, with you as my second suspicion. Whoever mentioned that the election was a good idea because it skips the RVS was completely correct. I like the fact that it's page 4 and I've already found 2 scum.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Confident aren't we? I don't think xonar is scum though I do agree with KevinM that that post was dumb and possibly scummy.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Kirb, why do you think I would choose NoDawg over you as someone I would push if I were scum?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Because he was the most recent one to vote for Xonar, and therefore the freshest in everyone's mind. Scum doesn't care who's lynched, as long as it's town.

No one agrees with Gheb

Gheb_01|Circus
Macman you are clearly skimming:

If we lynch Xonar before 96 hours have passed then I guess his vote for himself will be canceled. It's not something I recommend to do but if Xonar is stubborn we might have no other choice.
Maybe you understand what I was saying if I highlight it in bright red and underline it. My vote was merely a pressure vote to get Xonar unvoting. I was not suggesting to lynch him by any means.

FoS Macman for that. Don't misconstrue what I've been saying.

Kirbyo's post gave me bad vibes because I think his reasoning for voting Mentos as the Sheriff wasn't convincing. Since WIFOM is one of the major issues with the Seriff votes Kirbyo is guilty of making a bad move, which may or may not be scummy. I will certainly keep a close eye one him from now on.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Kirbyoshi's posts are giving me a bad feeling, too. Ghebcus should answer Macman's #48.

Are Cacti and Omis even aware the game has started? They've been by the forums a few times and haven't even confirmed, much less said anything.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Vote: Xonar

I don't like how he's confusing us with wifom. If someone quick sheriffs themselves or anyone at all I think we should lynch him immediately. This is a warning to town too, so don't do it unless you want yourself dead.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Somehow, I managed to miss that NOAWG answered Macman in the post above my own. I'm silly. Well, anyway, the thing I dislike about Kirbyoshi's posts so far is the way he's been trying to portray Mentos in as a good a light as possible, directly at first with the sheriff vote, then indirectly when he said #59.

There are only three werewolves.

Oh, something else.

vote Macman unvote
vote No one agrees with Gheb unvote
vote mentosman8 unvote

vote Omis unvote
vote Cacti unvote
vote Xonar unvote
vote Today unvote
vote KevinM unvote
vote Mayling unvote
vote McFox unvote
vote Meta-Kirby unvote

vote Kirbyoshi

I'm not necessarily encouraging that all do this; I just wanted people to realize that I'm not affected by Cupido, if that role should exist.

Actually, considering there was no proper confirmation phase, that action was probably disregarded, possibly because the role is not present.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Firstly Cello, just because there wasn't a proper confirmation phase, doesn't mean that the action was disregarded/role doesn't exist. Possible, but not certainly. Also, what you did seems superfluous. The only way you could truly prove not to be affected by the role is to vote one person, wait till it shows on the vote count, then repeat until you have had a shown vote on every player. Not sure what you were trying to prove, nor why you would essentially try to prove that you AREN'T a town pseudo-PR.

Mac's skimming is also there, not sure that it's a huge tell coming from him, but it was pretty clear NOAWG was only referring to if Xonar refused to un-elect-vote himself, which is a danger to town. Don't think that post from NOAWG was very scummy at all.

@Cacti: Elaborate please. What exact WIFOM are you voting Xonar for? I would like to see exactly what you are referring to here.

I can see where Mac is coming from on Today's post, entirely recap of what had already been said. Not too familiar with how Today's meta is, definitely a parrot-post though.

@Omis: Welcome to the game. Care to say anything of actual content or is that what we can expect?

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
He keeps on muddling about a sheriff quickhammer, saying how we wouldn't lynch the person who did it anyways, and that it might be a good tactic for scum to quicklynch a townie. He's confusing us about the quickhamer when I think the best tactic would be to just quicklynch the person no matter what, and we should set that as what we should do. Any deviations and someone might think they can get away with quickhammering and not getting killed, townie or scum.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks Cacti, wanted to see where you were coming from. I'll let Xonar respond to that himself, although I feel I know how he will respond. Also I looked back a bit, and found something potentially significant. Let's look at Xonar's post in which he unvoted himself for the election.

el oh el noobs.

first of all remember how i'm european and asking me to unvote while im offline isnt all that smart an idea?
second of all, ill unvote. you guys are ruining my fun though >: (
Electrion unvote: Xonar
third, what do you guys plan on doing if someone quickly appoints himself to sherrif before the deadline? knowing swf it wont result in a lynch, it's pretty stupid that way. what if everyone votes for himself allowing nobody to elect himself because theres a standstill.
fourth, lol kirbyoshi
Notice anything strange? If not, look carefully at his unvote. He had ElectRion unvote. Now, there are obviously a couple possibilities to this, but I would like to know town's general opinion on this. There's a couple different reasonings for it, and I felt it would be something worth town discussion.

No one agrees with Gheb

Gheb_01|Circus
Notice anything strange? If not, look carefully at his unvote. He had ElectRion unvote. Now, there are obviously a couple possibilities to this, but I would like to know town's general opinion on this. There's a couple different reasonings for it, and I felt it would be something worth town discussion.
This is something I have seen done before - by a townie. It was in Left4Scum when KevinM posted "uncup" instead of "uncap". It's the only similar incident I can think of for meta-information and based on that I would say it's not scummy. It might've been a gamble but I don't see what Xonar would have wanted to gain from it because by the next time Pierre has posted a votecount it would have become obvious that Xonar was trying to fake something. That looks awfully risky to do so early into the game. If he really wanted to fake it I think he would've done so very short to the deadline to make it look like an accident.

M.K

Level 55
Thanks Cacti, wanted to see where you were coming from. I'll let Xonar respond to that himself, although I feel I know how he will respond. Also I looked back a bit, and found something potentially significant. Let's look at Xonar's post in which he unvoted himself for the election.

I saw that as well, Mentos. I can't decide on whether or not it was a typo ["T" and "R" are right next to each other on the keyboard] or a devious attempt to trick people. Was it counted in the vote count? It seems to have little to no purpose though, like NOAWG said.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I figured it was a real unvote. Hell, pretty much everyone in the town has come out against having a sheriff anyway, and multiple people have already preemptively pushed for the lynch of a sheriff, should we get one. I don't see why Xonar would be willing to put himself in that position, no matter how much "fun" he's trying to have; he can't have fun if he's lynched. And if he's mafia hoping the town won't go through with its threat to lynch sheriff, I'd say that'd be a pretty big gamble to take. All for the sake of getting 1 extra vote? Sure, it could come up in endgame, but considering how much town has pushed against it, I know I certainly wouldn't be willing to bet that much just for a single extra vote.

So yeah, I figure it's a real unvote. No idea how Pierre will count it, but if it does stay on and Xonar is sheriff, at least we have our first lynch.

*The above seems contradictory, considering I just spent most of the post saying that it would be stupid to do as mafia. But that's what WIFOM is all about, and am still 100% in favor of lynching sheriff.

Omis

my friends were skinny
I dont think we should have a sheriff. It just gives power to people and we dont want that. Near the beginning it is way too hard to get a clear read on people and thusly its not smart to award someone power. So ya no sheriff.

@Cello
Why are you rolefishing for cupido? Why would you try to say that you arent a certain town beneficial pr? What is the point at all of what you did except to seem somehow important?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Omis (and mentos too), please keep the following in mind:

Lover: You have fallen in love with x! You may communicate with them at any time by any means, but you are no longer allowed to vote for them. If they die, you will die. If you were enemies, your goal is now to be the last two players standing.
I considered doing the same thing at the start of the day, but ultimately decided against it. But it's important to remember that two people under Cupido's effect aren't necessarily town PRs, and may in fact now be independent survivors. The speculation on whether or not the role is in the game is valid given the timing of the game's start, but I wouldn't automatically assume that the Lovers are on our side either.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ahh good catch McFox, I didn't see that. Regardless, the strategy used by Cello still doesn't prove anything, and I have to wonder what the point of doing it was. If you vote/unvote everyone in a single post, not a single one of those votes would appear on a vote count, so it proves nothing about being able to vote them. Not much, but after seeing what you just pointed out, enough for me to question the possibility of Cello trying to rule out possibly being Cupido-effected with a mafiat/indie/townie as one of the aforementioned trying to avoid lynch possibilities. Would like a response from Cello. Also, thanks for the quick responses to the question I asked, I'll put out what I thought about it after I hear a couple more opinions.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, it doesn't say that your votes against your partner won't count. It specifically says that you aren't allowed to vote for them. That seems to imply consequences upon doing so.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
If you people are interested in knowing what Pierre thought about Xonar's unvote, then why don't you just take a look at the vote spread? It's right here. As you can see, Xonar isn't voting for anyone, so it's apparent that Pierre took it to be legit. The far more relevant concern is whether or not Xonar accepts it.

@Pierre Can you post event deadline times on your vote counts? I'd appreciate it. Also, if you are willing to answer, does the dancing effect of Ronike the Pied Piper have any detrimental effect? Or does it just count toward his/her win condition?

@Mentosman I'd like to think that if I blatantly broke a condition put forth in the role PM itself, I would be reprimanded by Pierre for it. If you are worried that such a thing would be done privately, then I'm more than willing to vote/unvote again. As for why I did it, there was a mini slump, and I was bored. When you said "avoid lynch possibilities", what exactly did you mean? That I was trying to avoid being lynched?

@Xonar Hello. Please, please, don't quick-vote someone/yourself into office.

@McFox Out of curiousity, what made you decide not to? Vote/unvote, that is. If asked, would you be willing to?

@Omis I know what you are.

If we really wanted to be safe as far as the sheriff is concerned, we could lynch the elector, and the witch could death-pot the elected.

My vote is still currently on Kirbyoshi, but I don't really want it to be there, and Xonar wagon is crap. Anyone else feel like voting NOAWG, Mentos, or Cacti with me? I'd be most interested in lynching Mentos, personally, but any of those three are fine.

Top Bottom