• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Werewolves of Miller's Hollow | Game Over! Who could have possibly won?!?!???!

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Mostly just being facetious. Partly a way to get my post count up when/if Ghebcus starts playing activity police (with responses like this one).

Actually, I expected them to be the one(s) to mention you and Cacti.
This is you admitting to putting things in your posts / posting fluff to get your postcount up.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
So, Cacti, to actually answer the question I put forth, the problem you have with me is that I said that, not that I'm doing it.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
@Pierre - Is the Pied Piper unable to fulfill his win condition if he makes himself dance, since it says excluding? Also, I noticed that wolves specifically have to outnumber all other players, yet town only has to eliminate their enemies. Does that mean if PRs would allow the town a chance to kill the wolves, even at the cost of their lives, we would win? Such as Villager and Witch (with Death Pot) versus a wolf. If they lynch the Villager, would that be a win for scum, or would they kill each other at night for a town win?
The Piper does not have to be dancing to win. If all other players besides himself are dancing, he wins.

If wolves outnumber town, they win. If town eliminates all non-town, they win. If there are 2 players alive, and one is town and one is scum, scum wins, even if that town is a witch with a remaining potion.

Omis

my friends were skinny
elaborate.
What I meant is that what you did helped no one, just like a lurker or coaster. Those two types of people dont help anyone at all (assuming that all roles have the potential of doing both). So what you did just moved you to the unhelpful category.
Make sense?
So, Cacti, to actually answer the question I put forth, the problem you have with me is that I said that, not that I'm doing it.
Saying one thing and doing another is equally bad.

@Cello
Stop bread crumbing.

No one agrees with Gheb

Gheb_01|Circus
Unvote

At this rate lynching players who are actually trying to hunt scum will most likely not lead us to good results. I am willing to give Bunglever some time to speak up and hear his thoughts on what has been discussed so far. Overall however I'm under the impression that some players like to sit back and watch people chasing tails and stay away from the actual debate. These are the players that are either scum avoiding attention or townies who will be a detriment later in the game with their lack of content. Since the latter case is already scummy play itself I think our best play toDay would be to lynch one of said players.

Vote Cacti

He stands out the most to me by far. His most recent post was nothing more than a one-liner after staying out of the debate most of the time. In a game where a couple of players make legitimate attempts to find scum it's simply not acceptable to play the way Cacti does and at this point I have no reason to believe that he is town - it's about time to convince me otherwise!

Mentosman, please try to keep up! It has been four days since your last post and there has been plenty of talk in the meantime. What's the hold-up? If you're not voting, not talking and not hunting scum you are playing the way you played in Left4Scum. I understand that you are busy with work but at the very least I'd expect some more posts from you!

KevinM, your last couple of posts all have been one-liners and they're pretty spread out across the pages. Don't tell me you are feigning activity? You seem to be adamant on a Meta-Kirby lynch. Mind going into more detail here? Your not typically a player who chooses to stay out of the spotlight and I'm perplexed by the fact that you are trying to avoid attention so much.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I think I get it now.

Something's been bugging me for a while now; even though Mentos is so scummy, why would he allow his scummates to attach themselves to his hip the way they have? In the way that they have and with their timing, he would not. They were playing off of each other. Mentos is the Piper.

Ghebcus, Kirbyoshi, and Metakirby thought they were trying to appear in defense of a townie.

If there's a Cupido that Loves one of those people, this is going to be Hard. See kids, this is why Self Loving is a Bad Thing. (I'm terrible)

Omis said:
Odds are that they will be on our side and if they are indy well that is just more scum to search for. Only mafia hunts for indies.

Hunts for indies more that scum. Bad wording on my part.
Sorry to Omis, I thought you were the Piper, and that quote was why. =P

I think Macman, McFox, and Xonar are town.
I can't let myself say the same about Kevin, but I do think he was originally town, at least.
Mayling agrees with me; that's rare. Either I'm just on my game, or she's playing me.
If I'm wrong about the wolves...I could see her as one.
I just changed my mind about Omis and Bungle, who I thought could have been the Piper (and if I'm wrong about Mentos, I'll go back to them), but I just can't see them as wolves.
My opinion on Bungle is biased due to how I think scum should play, so if I'm wrong about that, it could be here.
Cacti is Cacti...but his vote is still a vote. If he votes with the town and posts something every couple of days, I'm fine with keeping him around. When it's necessary or convenient, Witch can vig him.

@Gheb, do you always consult before you post or are you sometimes independent?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
NODAWG, careful about suspicion on cacti

he'll just claim and coast on it the rest of the game.

lol its so funny how you can tell teh difference between the two on that hydra

anyway, Did really no one else find Mentos vote on Xonar odd? not really the vote, but more the really really weak reasoning behind it. I understand that Xonar's vote was odd in that he said it was for pressure, and what the hell is the point of pressuring someone who hasn't even confirmed replacement yet? Yet, Mento's main argument on Xonar's post just reallly..rubbed me wrong.

This has been said before, but Cello is ALL OVER the place. He's rolefishing, he's breadcrumbing, he's saying he's a lurker but he's going to play differently (he's been scum in both games as a lurker iirc) and then as omis pointed out, he's doing and saying two different things. I don't know what to make of that.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I think I get it now.

Something's been bugging me for a while now; even though Mentos is so scummy, why would he allow his scummates to attach themselves to his hip the way they have? In the way that they have and with their timing, he would not. They were playing off of each other. Mentos is the Piper.

Ghebcus, Kirbyoshi, and Metakirby thought they were trying to appear in defense of a townie.

If there's a Cupido that Loves one of those people, this is going to be Hard. See kids, this is why Self Loving is a Bad Thing. (I'm terrible)

Sorry to Omis, I thought you were the Piper, and that quote was why. =P

I think Macman, McFox, and Xonar are town.
I can't let myself say the same about Kevin, but I do think he was originally town, at least.
Mayling agrees with me; that's rare. Either I'm just on my game, or she's playing me.
If I'm wrong about the wolves...I could see her as one.
I just changed my mind about Omis and Bungle, who I thought could have been the Piper (and if I'm wrong about Mentos, I'll go back to them), but I just can't see them as wolves.
My opinion on Bungle is biased due to how I think scum should play, so if I'm wrong about that, it could be here.
Cacti is Cacti...but his vote is still a vote. If he votes with the town and posts something every couple of days, I'm fine with keeping him around. When it's necessary or convenient, Witch can vig him.

@Gheb, do you always consult before you post or are you sometimes independent?
FIRST OF ALL, why would you say 'if cupido loves these people towns in deep poopoo"...this doesnt help town.

secondly. wtf does allt his mean. All i got out of it was 'Mento's is the piper' but I don't really know how you could discern the piper from anything righ tnow. What are you basing this on?
Are you saying that those three are his targets?

Explain what you mean about "My opinion on Bungle is biased due to how I thnk scum should play"

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
/confirm

The way I read Pierre's posts, there's no way we can simply not have a Sheriff in 4 RL days.

Sheriff Vote: Mentosman8
He Sheriff Votes Mentosman. I don't like this, and it comes after Macman has already explained why the Sheriff has bad, along with other people disagreeing to it.

@Cello: I am now willing to take my Sheriff vote off of mentos, but I'd like for Xonar to Sheriff-unvote first. Not liking how he's trying to become Sheriff by simply voting for himself, even if no one else ends up voting for him.

Lynch Vote: Xonar
I don't understand how he can not like somebody sheriff voting themselves while sheriff voting someone else at the same time. The only reason you would not like someone self sheriffing is because you are worried of the % chance of them being mafia, and he seemingly didn't account for the factor with Mentos.

Mac, I have committed. I'm still L-Voting for Xonar, with you as my second suspicion. Whoever mentioned that the election was a good idea because it skips the RVS was completely correct. I like the fact that it's page 4 and I've already found 2 scum.
Here, he is seemingly confident about Xonar's alignment on a scumtell that he did himself.

Cello seems to have alot of role shenanigans, and his/her posts kind of strike me the wrong way, but, at least right now, I'm convincing myself it's Cello's meta.

Some of these walls of text need to die.

Anyone who's thinking of lynching Mentos toDay IS a VI.

I officially withdraw my suspicion of Mac.

McFox is town.

Kevin's not as annoying as he usually is, but he hasn't posted much yet.

Unvote Xonar
Vote: Today

POSTNAON00B
Posting that people are town without reasons doesn't help us at all. Kirby why are you so convinced that Mentos and McFox are town?

Also, has anyone else observed that Kirby has been blatantly buddying in this game? Here, he's seemingly sure that Mentos and McFox are town, and he Sheriff voted Mentos in the beginning of the game, disregarding that he could be mafia. He could be mafia already knowing that Mentos is town. In this next quote, he also votes Cello, placing his vote alongside with McFox, I see.

Unvote Bungle
Vote: Cello_Marl

Not liking the rolefishing AT ALL, nor the fluff-posting.
I just don't really like this vote. So far, it seems like he's been sitting on the fence egging on suspicions on Cello, and it feels like it's a mafia plan to get him lynched. Most of his posts have also been one-liners.

Vote: Kirbyoshi

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Bungle I'll vote him with you if we can get the support. Mayling will too. McFox might still be willing to. I'm was refining my opinions, but right now I like where it is at. I didn't say I was a lurker...

It's an observation. As I think Pied Piper is in the game, if there is a Cupido that is a Lover with a wolf or the Piper, then there would actually be 5 anti-town roles to 8 town. That sucks.

I'm saying that I find Mentos, Kirbyoshi, MetaKirby and Ghebcus all scummy, but while I had been operating under the assumption that Mentos was a wolf, I think what has been said and that has occured makes a lot more sense if he's the Pied Piper. That would make the other three the wolves.

I thought that Today (i.e. you) was a possible Piper. As I've changed my opinion on who that probably is, I couldn't see the people that I potentially saw as scum let Today just coast as much as she did. But, while I shouldn't have made that assumption, I did. That's why I said if I was wrong (about the Yoshis and Ghebcus), it's likely you, Kevin or May.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I'm pretty sure you're brownie townie... you're making it so obvious to me, it kinda makes me sick :lick: jk! I was afraid to say anything at first... then i remembered ronike isn't in this game. So I'm pretty sure I can trust you.. plus I thought your argument on mentos had merit. I can also tell the way you're playing, you THINK you're doing what's best for town by trying to figure this stuff out... why would a wolf do that? That's how I'm pretty sure you're town

so you don't suspect him at all? why not?

anyway, Did really no one else find Mentos vote on Xonar odd? not really the vote, but more the really really weak reasoning behind it. I understand that Xonar's vote was odd in that he said it was for pressure, and what the hell is the point of pressuring someone who hasn't even confirmed replacement yet? Yet, Mento's main argument on Xonar's post just reallly..rubbed me wrong.
I didn't really find the vote on Xonar odd, because I thought what Xonar did was odd, but mentos did say "It's enough to warrant a vote, but not a lynch." That made me go "wtf?" a little. Why would you place a vote on someone who didn't deserve a lynch... that's what votes are for.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Mayling I didn't really. I just thought the other four were worse. However, his critique on Kirbyoshi just now (who was really in no danger), has changed my opinion of him for the better. By quite a bit.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Bungle, Cacti, and Everyone on the MetaKirby wagon: Would you all be willing to join together to lynch Mentos, Kirbyoshi and MetaKirby?

Kevin, Macman, Xonar, Mayling and McFox: Would you be willing to move to Kirbyoshi?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cello, I am willing to make one of those three our lynch today.

However, saying "we're going to lynch these three people" without even taking into account night flips is deadly. That's 2-3 people that wolves don't even have to worry about making the night kill because we're saying we're going to lynch them. remember the framer game? you just made a mistake in asking that question. but asking if we're willing to lynch them one after another is dangerous and advantageous to wolves

are you really that certain they're all wolves/scum?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Cello I'm not on the MK wagon I'm voting Mentos.

Mayling: A wolf might act in the best interest of town (especially during D1 and D2) because it could clear him/her in alot of townies eyes.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Bungle Neither is Cacti. That's why I said your name. Would you be willing to...

...you're Cupid, aren't you. And you love one of them.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Ill have to reread to see if I want to switch to Kirb (I'm on my iPhone, I've been battling a crippling computer virus on my laptop all day), but unless I've missed something really compelling, I think Meta is easily a better bet than anyone else right now. His exchange with Mayling made him look really scummy.

Also, agree with whoever said that people don't need to be saying "I think X is town." that just tells mafia who to kill.[/Kev]

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
lol cello you're trying wayyy to hard to find the lovers/pied piper. They'll surface if you just scum hunt but you're too hard bent on finding them first it seems like.

That said, I'd be fine with a MK lynch today as well.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Jungle, just to humor me, would you vote for No One Agrees With Gheb, then Kirbyoshi first? Before you put your vote on Meta-Kirby. If you don't want to, that's fine. I think it'll work out anyway.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I don't see any reason to.

Why am i the only one under your suspicion for being a lover?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@Bungle: You're obv not the only one. Notice that he asked you to vote for NOdAWG and me, which tells me he also suspects us as Lovers.

Cello, again with the rolefishing. It should be obvious that Lovers are roles that are far more likely to be T/T than T/W or W/W, if they do exist at all. Trying to out roles that are probably pro-town=scummy.

Moar Cello voats pl0x.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Obviously, I meant to ask why he put us under suspicion. I really don't quite see where he's coming from on that.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Bunglefever

Kirbyoshi, why didn't you respond to Cacti as well, instead of just me? You were certainly staring at the thread long enough.

Either one of you could clear this up pretty easily, right now. It's not like I'm trying to prove you aren't a Lover at all, just in relation to each other.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
vote Kirbyoshi

there

only because you used a touhou pic. and my heart softened inside.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I was waiting for like, forever, to use that pic. Yay, Bungle isn't a Lover!...with Kirbyoshi.

Nah, jk.

Either way, are you going to vote for MK now?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Also, Cello, from my understanding of the role (unless this was clarified else wehre and i missed it) if two townies are lovers then they keep the town win condition, so i dont see how this is helpful, even if you do find them, what if you hit two townies? You might have just killed two of them.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I explained why I thought that wasn't such a bad thing in #199. But, I actually just thought of something; what if those PRs were the Lovers? That would be terrible. Someone should have told me that earlier.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Dunno, seemed to me like cupid hitting two vanilla townies in this set up would be low statistically speaking. But that's like 100% speculation

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
@Bungle, Cacti, and Everyone on the MetaKirby wagon: Would you all be willing to join together to lynch Mentos, Kirbyoshi and MetaKirby?

Kevin, Macman, Xonar, Mayling and McFox: Would you be willing to move to Kirbyoshi?
I was for a while already.

And with bungle going activemoads.

unvote. will vote for kirby once ive done a read and drawn a conclusion

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Cacti said:
He Sheriff Votes Mentosman. I don't like this, and it comes after Macman has already explained why the Sheriff has bad, along with other people disagreeing to it.
It would help if you read more than just the bolded of my posts. I said I didn't think it was possible to not have a Sheriff, per the rules. I was mistaken.

Cacti said:
I don't understand how he can not like somebody sheriff voting themselves while sheriff voting someone else at the same time. The only reason you would not like someone self sheriffing is because you are worried of the % chance of them being mafia, and he seemingly didn't account for the factor with Mentos.
Obviously, S-Voting oneself is a much stronger scumtell than S-Voting someone else. I was worried his scumbuddies might come along and put him at 2 or 3 votes right before deadline, thereby making it near impossible to have anyone else (or no one) be Sheriff, or to pinpoint the blame for having him as Sheriff on any one player. At that point, Xonar was much scummier than Mentos, bottom line.

Cacti said:
Here, he is seemingly confident about Xonar's alignment on a scumtell that he did himself.
Um, no, I didn't self-vote for Xonar >.>

Cacti said:
..he Sheriff voted Mentos in the beginning of the game, disregarding that he could be mafia. He could be mafia already knowing that Mentos is town.
I know this opens up a big can of WIFOM, but why would scum want town to be Sheriff over one of their own?

Cacti said:
...he also votes Cello, placing his vote alongside with McFox, I see.
Wow, McFox and I agree! SOOOOOO both scum. You really got us d00d!

Cacti said:
So far, it seems like he's been sitting on the fence egging on suspicions on Cello,
I will admit, I was on the fence about Cello for awhile, because I wasn't quite sure if he was scum. Now I am more certain of it, hence the vote.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@Bungle I'll vote him with you if we can get the support. Mayling will too. McFox might still be willing to. I'm was refining my opinions, but right now I like where it is at. I didn't say I was a lurker...

It's an observation. As I think Pied Piper is in the game, if there is a Cupido that is a Lover with a wolf or the Piper, then there would actually be 5 anti-town roles to 8 town. That sucks.

I'm saying that I find Mentos, Kirbyoshi, MetaKirby and Ghebcus all scummy, but while I had been operating under the assumption that Mentos was a wolf, I think what has been said and that has occured makes a lot more sense if he's the Pied Piper. That would make the other three the wolves.

I thought that Today (i.e. you) was a possible Piper. As I've changed my opinion on who that probably is, I couldn't see the people that I potentially saw as scum let Today just coast as much as she did. But, while I shouldn't have made that assumption, I did. That's why I said if I was wrong (about the Yoshis and Ghebcus), it's likely you, Kevin or May.
Wtf at pushing the team vote like that?

Top Bottom