• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West MI Melee where you at?

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
Just checkin to see if there's any West MI smashers around that'd be interested in forming a group for some smashfests or already have a group. I live in Comstock Park next to Grand Rapids. I play with a couple of my friends but we're looking for some more serious players to tangle with. :cool:

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
holy **** no way. I'd actually consider going to that but unfortunately 1. I've dropped Brawl and have almost entirely been playing melee and 2. I got work in like a half hour :(
And thanks Velynn I sent'm a message

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
There is a reasonably sizable melee scene in Kalamazoo that has grown a few members in the past year or so as we met each other and attends a good number of East Michigan tourneys. Blake, Rh1thmz (me), Artificial Flavor, Brayden (Zbet), machinegungeek, General Heinz, Sex Panther, and a few other players have a scene going. The group gets a little smaller during school as a few of us go off to various out of town colleges, but I'd say around 4-5 of us are in K-zoo year round. You guys are more than welcome to come smash with us sometime if you want.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Good ****. If anyone wants to do some West MI smashing in Kzoo, feel free to send me a PM or a visitor message or otherwise get in touch with me. The more, the merrier.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm in Lansing now too fishnax, though without a cube or controller until probably next week. Definitely feel free to hit me up to play after that though. Good to see some life in the west MI scene.

:phone:

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
Cool. I'll probably be gatherin some people up around Grand Rapids then I'll start headin down to Kalamazoo and Lansing to smash with you guys :))

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
I got in contact with someone from the Holland crew but due to distance and schedules its been kind of difficult to set something up.
I have faith though that with the smash school we set up in grand rapids we can make something happen. There's already a good number of melee players wanting to start something up, and hopefully I can start converting some of the Muskegon people as well >:)

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
I got in contact with someone from the Holland crew but due to distance and schedules its been kind of difficult to set something up.
I have faith though that with the smash school we set up in grand rapids we can make something happen. There's already a good number of melee players wanting to start something up, and hopefully I can start converting some of the Muskegon people as well >:)
Lol Goodluck converting them. I've already tried. If anything I've gotten some people into Project M. I'm probably the only person that likes Melee around here anymore, but I plan on coming possibly Friday to that Smash thingy for Brawl and Melee, and I'm also bringing Project M

Sarix

Smash Ace
Lol Goodluck converting them. I've already tried. If anything I've gotten some people into Project M. I'm probably the only person that likes Melee around here anymore, but I plan on coming possibly Friday to that Smash thingy for Brawl and Melee, and I'm also bringing Project M
Go ahead and bring it. Part of our club is encouraging people to bring games in they like.

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
That's the first step. We'll just have to show them how awesome it is. If I could show up Friday I'd be interested in checking out Project M

Shocksauce

Smash Cadet
MELEE PLAYERS WHERE YOU AT? I know we have enough players around here, we just never have a place to play. Start going to Grandlan on wednesdays guys. Or ask me for my # and I'll come play with out. ANYONE

Top Bottom