• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western NY, why are you hiding from the community?

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE YOU GUYS!!! Now I know what you mean Shiri! Someone please lock this thread! 4Chan ftl!!

_N2

Smash Apprentice
WNY no longer plays competitive smash.

We now compete in beard styling competitions.

I give you our latest first place entry:

the french metal

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Quit complaining, host a tourney in Ithaca and promote. Those three steps are likely the best course of action and you'll see some good players from Western NY. I place emphasis on the first step though.
That is not possible for me, and who are you? And what's wrong with the complaining? Is it WRONG to question why WNY stuff is not going on Smashboards?

edit: Just looked around, and noticed that you are the guy who posts these things on Arena 51. So, instead of even maybe telling me what's up you just try to shut me up?

And guys, wtf. You are being incredibly immature and are accomplishing nothing. Is this thread really THAT stupid? Or are you guys just taking the word "hiding" way too literally?

You are like making one of my points from the post come true.

"It's like they've closed their doors to newcomers"

The door looks awfully closed to me right now.

I also get the impression that you guys think I'm a random no-name scrub Smasher who decided to start complaining because he can't find any tournaments.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
The whole idea of hiding a community seems ridiculous. That would take a herculean effort to silence so many people who are involved here. If we forget to post something here, just check out the arena51 or cyberjocks website. This isn't emo world forums, so there isn't a need to cry about something if we overlook or forget to inform the entire world we are hosting a bi-weekly. Also, we do play nationally. I just recently started traveling, but everyone else from the old crew has been to events like pound and fc.

Cruise

Smash Apprentice
^
And guys, wtf. You are being incredibly immature and are accomplishing nothing. Is this thread really THAT stupid? Or are you guys just taking the word "hiding" way too literally?
the thing is more people know about SWF than arena51 and cyberjocks.
so it would make sense that it seems west ny is a bit quiet when nothing on swf happens and all the inclusive community posts on forums that not many people are aware exist

also i didnt see anyone ask about going to national tournaments

i met kelvin and some others at the last cyberjocks ssbm event, so i knew about arena51 through him, but if i never met him i would never have known about it at all.

jesiah said you're welcoming any new people to smash with but it's kinda hard when no one knows how or where to find you.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
The whole idea of hiding a community seems ridiculous. That would take a herculean effort to silence so many people who are involved here. If we forget to post something here, just check out the arena51 or cyberjocks website. This isn't emo world forums, so there isn't a need to cry about something if we overlook or forget to inform the entire world we are hosting a bi-weekly. Also, we do play nationally. I just recently started traveling, but everyone else from the old crew has been to events like pound and fc.
It seems like hiding was the wrong word here. I meant it figuratively, but it seems like people around here don't really understand that concept.

Reword it to "Where did the Western NY Smash Scene go?" and maybe it'll make more sense to you guys.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Mike, I'll play with you anytime, dude. Don't listen to the elitist flaming of the judgemental people. Why is that people flame instead of welcoming? Hate instead of loving. Mock instead of helping. To dismiss someone as being idiotic or ignorant is to claim your own superiority, to be elitist. Not to attempt to understand something from someone else's point of view is what causes wars. Not to think about your own shortcomings is to stump your own growth.

Welcome, advertise, discuss. Just because I don't play smash actively anymore doesn't mean Buffalo doesn't exist. Tom attended one of the recent biweeklies for God's sake, and Rochester comes to Buffalo. Arena51 is not the only LAN center in the area that hosts smash tournaments, there's Cyberjocks. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Sharky

Smash Master
Hey, just thought this'd be a good place to spread the initial word, but over at RIT (Rochester institue of tech.) we've just started up a new smash club (got the advisor a few hours ago, infact.) We're calling ourself the Smash Heroes Finest Fighting League (look at the name for a bit and you'll figure it out and love it. =D) Anywho, we're going to be organizing a tournament sometime either in january or february to attract more members here at RIT, to be open to the general public. I'll be making a separate thread for this once we've got more info sorted out, hopefully over the next few days now that we can get full-fledged club status here. Cya guys later =D

I'm the communications officer for the club, btw nice to meet ya all if I havent' already =D

Killress

Smash Ace
I'm from near lockport (right on ontario) All i have is my little brother to play :( haha. oh well. the only activity i read about it the tourney in rochester.

Killress

Smash Ace
Hey, just thought this'd be a good place to spread the initial word, but over at RIT (Rochester institue of tech.) we've just started up a new smash club (got the advisor a few hours ago, infact.) We're calling ourself the Smash Heroes Finest Fighting League (look at the name for a bit and you'll figure it out and love it. =D) Anywho, we're going to be organizing a tournament sometime either in january or february to attract more members here at RIT, to be open to the general public. I'll be making a separate thread for this once we've got more info sorted out, hopefully over the next few days now that we can get full-fledged club status here. Cya guys later =D

I'm the communications officer for the club, btw nice to meet ya all if I havent' already =D
HAHA love the name.

xGh0stx

Smash Rookie
yo im from Jamestown/Fredonia area and I play smash so anyone wants to come visit and play feel free to hit me up

im also willing to drive for touneys/weekends and stuff so like i said hit me up and fill me in one whats going on

Eggm

Smash Hero
Its been awhile since i've seen sol/phi****, nintendude, pikapika, and pc chris. Wtf WNY come to SPOC v no travel johns.

Top Bottom