• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westminster, May 5th Biweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
ok im definitely coming to one or more, as much as my schedule can handle, im really glad youre putting these on, its about time some competition came to socal. but i have some questions, what time does it end, do you need a cube/tv? how many people usually show up? im just wondering how many people i can bring. i could get anywhere from just me to like 5 of us. and is it easy to find, ya know, can i just mapquest the address or are you behind some huge hedge maze complex complete with a minotaur i need to fight at the middle, or a mammoth sized 4 tiered ironclad gate with a 16 digit password.

when planning a adventure these things come to mind, anyways. thanks.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
you can bring as many as you want

however, if you attend since your new you must follow our rules, and they are stricter then ever now. I will explain more into detail when you show. And no there is no maze.

mrluilou

Smash Rookie
im a noob to the smash scene so i want to go to one of these biweekly meets...so i hope i could make it to one of these

manacloud1

Smash Champion
Alright People Listen Up

FOR THOSE WHO DIDNT MAKE THE LIST THIS IS THE TIME FOR MY ANNOUNCEMENT--------------------

This is the time to announce what you are guaranteed to bring so everyone doesnt bring the same ****. So I am starting the list so please post and post if your 100 percent sure to be going to the special bi weekly event.
======================================================
Names of people || food bringing
======================================================

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Can you get BBQ Roo, Emu, or Croc meat in American supermarkets? I'll prolly have to talk to you Mike, I didn't even know what hotwings were last time we spoke

2kool

Smash Cadet
Question

I almost forgot to ask something since this is my first time attending a SSBM tourny---what's the rule with edge/ledge guarding? All my life that I've played SSB my friends and I have considered it a very cheap tactic and do NOT use it. I just want to know if you guys, the tourny players, allow it or not? Thanks in advance.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
okay i need to know

i need to know what people are going to bring. In addition to that all the new people who are or want to attend the special remember im not letting u in if you dont bring the additional item plus 15 bucks worth of food. The additional item must be food okay meaning , no paper plates or something. I really want to stress FOOD this year, as for rules etc anything goes camping whatever, we dont really care how players play or restrict them to the game. So yeah if you got more questions just post ill answer them however we do have one rule this year everyone must obey and follow and thats Mana's rule. If you dont know what it is give me an aim at manacloud1 ill explain.

2kool

Smash Cadet
Question For Manacloud

Is the special you're talking about on the 24th? 'Cuz I plan on attending the tourny on the 3rd and I wanted to know what I need to bring aside from 5$ for entry fee.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
listen

the special is on the 26th of dec

and your allowed to bring like 4 boxes of pizza making ur last item if your not on the list an additional box of pizza. However, people get sick of pizza fast so i suggest some different varietys of food but thats just me.

NAZN TYR

Smash Journeyman
40 tacos from jack in the box. haha.

2kool, it's a 10$ entrance. 5 for singles, 5 for teams.

and uh mike. it's on monday?

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
You guys know roasted bowser is good, right? Especially with a side order of deep fried koopa...

Oh what? There's going to be a bowser at the biweekly on the 24th?! Better get your forks and knives people, the serving is going to be big.

(LOLOMGPWNZORED!!!! I'll be bringing food on the 24th, but it's probably going to be pizza again...)

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
This is happening on the 24th? Hmmmm..... I'm not sure I can make it. My family actually celebrates Christmas on the 24th instead of the 25th. (Who wants to wait an extra day for presents?) One year we did do it on the 25th just to be "official" so I have to see what the plan is for this year. I don't want to miss this so I'll try to talk my family into being "official" this year. Hehe.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
remember

if you decide to show up at my door with 15 dollars or less with food or dont bring the additional item im not going to let u in. I dont know how to stress it this year, i worked hard to put this **** together so do your part and dont let me down.

NAZN TYR

Smash Journeyman
hey mike, i think that unless unforeseen circumstances seem to pop up, i'm going. so i'm going to bring 40 tacos.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
UPdate+++++++++Just reposting I need people to write what food they bringing

If your curious about where the location is check on page one of this thread written by sephirothken. All the info to get to our house is there.

In addition bring 10 bucks there might be a crew tourney or tourney that day as well.

When this is happening? THE 24TH OF CHRISTMAS BREAK, YES THE 24TH ITS A SATURDAY.

TONS OF FOOD GREAT FUN AND SMASH.

I have been watching people who have shown up to the bi weeklies and i know who you are, for the special bi weekly those that didnt show up enough will have to contribute extra its invite only as before like every year. :mad: If your asking why im doing this? Simple lets not forget, these bi weeklies help you get better and just because person " A " wants to be cheap and wants to gain the most out of his money he wants to just show up at the special and play out his hearts content. After attending mlg La I realize there are a lot of smashers in the so cal community they just dont want to attend the bi weeklies, they rather show to a large tourney and spend 20 bucks etc. So Ill be posting a list of those who got invites and those who dont. People who show up to more then 8 bi weeklies make the List and do not have to bring the additional item to get into the smashFest.

Additional item = people who didnt make the list so that means you have to bring an addition item on top of the 15 bucks worth of food. For example 3 boxes of pizza and an extra box of chicken wings, potatoe salad, pie.

Stuff i am not accepting Candy, treats, cookies in a box, Giant cookies are acceptable ( stuff yufrontme does) , an excuse.

Heres my list so far of people who are welcomed - All they have to do is contribute ( 15 bucks to the food size , those who arent have to contribute 15 , plus something special ) and this is per person. Those who are going from out of state, or north cal, will have to contribute 15 bucks only because they are from out of state. If your curious if youve made the list just post.

In addition, if you think this is way expensive, dont attend, we dont need another mouth to come and be cheap and just eat everything in site, in addition play tons of matches with top competition. However, if you just dont have the money lol, your pretty much a loser, if DARKFiRE could save up so can you. At the door im going to be really strict so bring the **** or dont get in, and im dead serious. NO JOKE! :mad:

=================================================
Special Guest List + people who have made the list
:::::::::::::::::
(note just because they are special guest or out of state doesnt mean they made the list, I am just putting them there so they can be noticed and know who they are or to inform so calers of the competition that will be here, btw, if you got a plus (+) symbol next to your name you made the list because you attended enough bi weeklies)

1) Champ (+)
2) Mike MOnkey, Vidjo , chu dat ( special guest), Pc chris (maybe)
3) BobMoney, Hyuga , NintendoKing, zivilynbane, (north cal)
4) Arash (+)
5) what is fear and his friend whatever his name is (+)
6) gabe and wolf (+)
7) thomas sexy (+)
8) caotic (australia )
9) skills ( New york)
10) tyr,hnr (+)

==========================
definite food items people are bringing
============================================
names , items , extra item
==============================================
1)Tyr , 40 tacos , made the list
2) hirshine , 2 lasangnas , ????
3) Arash , Sushi Platter , made the list
4) Champ , Carls jr hamburgers ,made the list
5) hnr , 20 bun baos ( bun rolls filled with meat or eggs)
6) hugo , 80 quesadillas, ???
======================
people who are bringing tvs + cubes
Tv , Cube
-----------------------------------
1)Tyr, no tv, cube
2)Champ, cube plus tv switch
3)

NAZN TYR

Smash Journeyman
40 tacos mana. that's 20$ so i guess that counts as my extra thing. but i'll most likely attend the next 2 bis, meaning i'll be on the list... right? i'll bring a cube, but no TV.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Since I'll be working before coming to this I'll bring 15 burgers from Carl's JR I guess. 8 Big hamburger and 7 spicy chicken sandwhich.

Also you can count on me to bring a cube, and the rf switch as usual.

BTW any1 know any cheap deal on controller? I need a new one >_<

Darchon

Smash Apprentice
Sheesh, after months of trying to get out there to another bi we are finnaly able to probably make it this saturday. We are having a tourny at the local mall, so we could really use the practice. So here's hoping to see everyone there saturday! BTW, there will be either 4 or 5 of us going.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Woohoo! It's tomorrow! Can't wait. By the way, if it's not too much trouble, can we start as close to "on time" as possible?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Aiight, for the 24th I'll bring 15 bucks worth of Viet style meatloafs, and on top of that I'll try to bring some extra meat pies or equivalent.

Cheers.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If by CHA you mean sweet doughy rolls, then NO. Just regular bread rolls.

I can also bring a Cube and PAL Smash, if you guys are interested in experiencing a slightly less broken version of Smash, lol.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sheik can't KO good with uair, she loses her chain grab, Fox is light as ****, weaker usmash and shorter Firefox, Marth has no dair spike, Link has no spike, Falco's spike is shortened in the time you can do it, etc. Some characters animate differently or feel different.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Hey guys, that was a lot of fun. I was kinda dissapointed about how i did, but it's never been about the money for me. I had a lot of fun even though i didn't place so well. This was one of my favorite biweeklies.

Good games to everyone, fun seein deep socal again too. Thanks to mike ken and helen for letting us in ur house once more.

Till next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom