• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westminster, May 5th Biweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
it doesnt matter who is coming, lol deep so cal is bringing back its 2nd best playe, thats right trevyn is back. so now its going to be a guaranteed molest kids. LOL.

And of course, the best deep so cal member is coming just like last time. lol. dunno about 2 TVs this time tho lol ill bring one though.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Didn't the best deep socal player get like 9th last time? Aww how cute.

I'm coming to this. Be ready, I know i am.

Gabe and wolf are coming as well. It is looking like Superfriends vs Deep socal round 2.

Score:
Superfriends: 1
Deep socal: 0

Though it might as well be 5 : 0 after what we did to them last time.

:)

They ****ing liked it.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Arash said:
wow this sounds exciting

i don't think i can go solid bowser this time:(
this is why bowser always screw us in mario party arash! You keep betraying him!!!

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Wow. All these OC2 banners are getting me fired up. Too bad I'm stil stranded wihtout a car. I'll be back though. I'll definately make OC2.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Okay so 2 days ago I went on AIM and some guy name Xuerit aimed me. Xuerit is champ btw~

anyhow we start talking about plans about me picking him up on Friday after school then all of a sudden Champ says something like " Champ Combo's > Ken combo's"

ok after hours and hours of debating and making me stay up till like 3 am in the morning trying to tell champ that Ken combo's are soooooooooo much better than champ combo's we simply cannot agree what is better. So we are taking it from a non biased view and asking people at the biweekly instead? Which is better?

Champ combo's or Ken Combo's? Champ have ate about 100+ ken combo's so far and I've only ate about 3 champ combo's Ever and I died twice out of the 3 1 being on "green greens"

anyhow what is the verdict? what is really better? let's take a poll?

and tell me reasons why which combo is better? :D

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
sephirothken said:
Okay so 2 days ago I went on AIM and some guy name Xuerit aimed me. Xuerit is champ btw~

anyhow we start talking about plans about me picking him up on Friday after school then all of a sudden Champ says something like " Champ Combo's > Ken combo's"

ok after hours and hours of debating and making me stay up till like 3 am in the morning trying to tell champ that Ken combo's are soooooooooo much better than champ combo's we simply cannot agree what is better. So we are taking it from a non biased view and asking people at the biweekly instead? Which is better?

Champ combo's or Ken Combo's? Champ have ate about 100+ ken combo's so far and I've only ate about 3 champ combo's Ever and I died twice out of the 3 1 being on "green greens"

anyhow what is the verdict? what is really better? let's take a poll?

and tell me reasons why which combo is better? :D
I dont know about the "Champ Combo".

When he pulled it off on me, he didnt kill me so lol.

Oh Ken, i need to talk to you about OC2 but it would be better if we talked over at the biweekly.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Ken Combo > Champ Combo IMO.

Sorry Champ, but you can stop your combo with blocking, DI, and jumping. The only way to stop a Ken Combo is to die. But then again, a Ken Combo doesnt even cut you...

Edit:
BTW if any San Diego smashers are driving up Saturday, could you spare a ride? Gas money will be provided. :)

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Well...it's obvious that Ken Combos > Champ combos.

Ken combos are too good.

Champ combos on the other hand...well, let me tell a story.

At the last biweekly i went to we had crew battles. In one match it was me vs champ 4 stocks vs 4. I was at pretty high percent and all of a sudden i see him running at me full force with his leg sticking out. In my mind i was like "Oh no...it cant be...its the champ combo"

So he hits me with the running kick...it was blowing my mind, i almost fainted.

Then he hits me with the up tilt...I was at the point of no return.

Then he jumps out of his seat and yells "CHAMP COMBO" as he starts his up air. So I just DI'd away and back kicked him in the ****ing face before he did anything. He died before he could even finish saying "Combo".

What kind of ****ing combo is that? He couldn't even keep me in it. So sad.

Needless to say i was very dissapointed. :)

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
sephirothken posted

Ken Combo or Champ Combo, what is really better?

Ken Combo > Champ Combo

Why? Because is Champ Combo is easier to pull off, and it doesn't kill like a spike :p

Really, I can play Fox drunk and STILL pull it off unlike Ken's which I haven't done yet.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Champ can refer to:

An Irish dish of mashed potatoes and scallions (spring onions)
The logo of the Vermont Lake Monsters minor league baseball team
Champ (legend), a reputed lake monster living in Lake Champlain
A shortened form of the word "champion"
I'm bringing my secret weapon too :p

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
CHAMP COMBO FOR LIFE. At least... six? characters can do a Champ Combo: Fox, Falco, Ice Climbers, Link, Sheik, DK... Clearly, this makes the Champ Combo at least six times better than the Ken Combo (ok, only three times better cuz Roy can kinda do a Ken Combo).

Zarelid

Smash Lord
I'm gonna have to say champ combo is better because it should NEVER HIT but somehow ihe gets it which iks impossiable but he does it.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
nealdt said:
CHAMP COMBO FOR LIFE. At least... six? characters can do a Champ Combo: Fox, Falco, Ice Climbers, Link, Sheik, DK... Clearly, this makes the Champ Combo at least six times better than the Ken Combo (ok, only three times better cuz Roy can kinda do a Ken Combo).

no way, that's cheating thats like applying the ken combo to all the characters I play... Champ only plays fox and we are comparing to my marth's ken combo :p

Edit: Current Ratio: Ken:4 Champ:3

araknophobik

Smash Master
Its all about the champ combo. Its not the fact that it doesn't damage your character as much, but rather that it hurts you in the pit of your soul to know you've been hit with the simpliesist thing ever haha

I have not felt the wrath yet, but when i do...someone help me off the ground

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
wait...... Arak and Nealt's vote doesn't count! only people who have been to a biweekly's vote count!!

so that means: Ken Combo: 6 vs Champ Combo: 2

The Krogodile

Smash Cadet
well, i would say ken combo, cause it doesnt have a weakness, like the champ combo. champ combo you just have to roll alot. screws with champs head.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Hugo you're making story up wtf hahahaha. I just hit u and then fall under the battlefield ledge cause i didn't mvoe to the right fast enough.

Also you guys jsut think ken combo is better is because it's ken, and you know it!

The way I see it at the biweekly, I don't see any1 cheering or say anything when ken do a ken combo, but when I do the champ combo you know that every1 felt it cause I say it, and every1 is in shock that who the hell get hit by that!

So in conclusion I'm moving to canada...

Still it's 6 for ken combo and 4 for champ combo. Ken is being cheap and not counting people!!!

Also u can also di out of ken combo too u know!

Back to the topic aka THE BIWEEKLY! I think it would be really cool if superfriends vs deepsocal is recorded somehow.

btw where r u guys getting all these oc2 banner? I want one too

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Most definitely KEN COMBO, hahahaha this discussion is rediculus! LOL

But the truth is... PHA COMBO 2.0 is the deadliest! To those few lucky individuals that were priviledged enough to witness it at the triweekly, you know what I'm talking about. :laugh:

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
lmfao hugs 9th place. i played edreese in losers, the winner had to play mike. so i went fox. JOHNS. lmfao.

i didnt feel like even trying to win cuz i was really ****ty that day because im not up to par with the best samus in the world named HugS amazingly how can you have such a good samus but such a Fen gay name LMFAO. i mean sure i dont have a name i just go by my real one but yeah... hopefully i dont go lose it to some AZ guy in a MM because i get too cocky and then get my a$$ kicked HAHA.

Deep So Cal wins the verbal battle: Azeem - infintiy Hugs- still trying.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Make sure a lot of people can come at may 6th when I'll be there, I want to play a lot of pro's and get my *** kicked :p

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
sephirothken said:
wait...... Arak and Nealt's vote doesn't count! only people who have been to a biweekly's vote count!!

so that means: Ken Combo: 6 vs Champ Combo: 2
:( :( :(

Don't hate just because I moved 220 spaces in 20 rounds of Mario Party.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
StuperDuperMan said:
lmfao hugs 9th place. i played edreese in losers, the winner had to play mike. so i went fox. JOHNS. lmfao.

i didnt feel like even trying to win cuz i was really ****ty that day because im not up to par with the best samus in the world named HugS amazingly how can you have such a good samus but such a Fen gay name LMFAO. i mean sure i dont have a name i just go by my real one but yeah... hopefully i dont go lose it to some AZ guy in a MM because i get too cocky and then get my a$$ kicked HAHA.

Deep So Cal wins the verbal battle: Azeem - infintiy Hugs- still trying.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Due to the controversy over the best combo, I have decided to put some work into creating the magnificent Edrees combo. not only does it kill, but it can rack up major damage and nails people several times each match. It's truly the best combo, especially compared to champ and ken combos...but i'll have to keep you in suspsense til you see it but once you see it i'm certain you will agree. It'll be the best way to end the dispute on which one is the best.

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
nealdt said:
Lemme guess... dsmash dsmash dsmash EDREES COMBO!!!
HAHAHAAHHAHA! I think he ruined your surprise there Edrees....
Pha Combo 2.0 = instant death and highest entertaining value... sort of like Chuck Norris and Jackie Chan combined...

ais

Smash Cadet
You guys are too crazy...
Champ, why didn't you champ combo me?

I'ma have to vote for Champ Combo simply because being combo'd by a Fox is less humiliating than being combo'd by Marth when you're playing Sheik, kthx...

Kyuubi mode! Wooo!

Ryuujin

Smash Apprentice
HugS said:
Well...it's obvious that Ken Combos > Champ combos.

Ken combos are too good.

Champ combos on the other hand...well, let me tell a story.

At the last biweekly i went to we had crew battles. In one match it was me vs champ 4 stocks vs 4. I was at pretty high percent and all of a sudden i see him running at me full force with his leg sticking out. In my mind i was like "Oh no...it cant be...its the champ combo"

So he hits me with the running kick...it was blowing my mind, i almost fainted.

Then he hits me with the up tilt...I was at the point of no return.

Then he jumps out of his seat and yells "CHAMP COMBO" as he starts his up air. So I just DI'd away and back kicked him in the ****ing face before he did anything. He died before he could even finish saying "Combo".

What kind of ****ing combo is that? He couldn't even keep me in it. So sad.

Needless to say i was very dissapointed. :)
LMAO xD

Well I'm gonna have to go with Ken Combo <(^.^)>

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Hey! dsmash dsmash dsmash dsmash is the Team Ken combo. Hehe.

Anyway, I won't say which combo is better by name but I'll just say that I'm voting for the combo that had KO'd the most Japanese players.

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bring your Nintendo DS's with Mario Kart people :chuckle: Last time we had 5 players going at it, and nobody even said to bring them :p I'm sure we can pull off 8 player lan.

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
:laugh:
^^^^^ Hopefully Kinski won't run away again :( and become wild! :demon:

Anyway, I'm bring my DS too! And GC.

I got a hair cut too!

See ya there

Ken Combo is teh Greater combo!

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gus: Ken Combo is fair-fair-fair-fair-fair-fair-fair-fair-fair-fair-fair-fair-fair-fair-fair-fair-fair-fair-fair-fair-dair spike. And no, I never ever exaggerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom