• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westminster, May 5th Biweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zander805

Smash Ace
Good tournament today! :)

I always have fun, and I'm glad I got a lot of good friendlies in.

Hirsine, I don't mind that you beat me in Smash because I beat you in New Super Mario Bros. ;)

sephirothken said:
if you flake on me for Cubes at OC2, I'm going to have to kill you 10x's!
Ultra Luigi has my cube, so you can kill him. :chuckle:

manacloud1

Smash Champion
okay all the bi weekly goers listen up

okay weve been holding these bi weeklies to help players get better. Heres the deal if u attend our bi weeklies u must enter both events. We posted this in the first page meaning u enter both singles and doubles and cannot just enter one.

Second we usually say the start time is 12 pm but sometimes we run a little late and open our doors at 1230pm or 1 pm which is mostly when everyone arrives. Meaning when we say 12 pm it doesnt mean we are going to let u in and play. We got cleaning up to do in our house and setting up tvs and cubes before players who attend are actually let in. Also for those who are going with parents. I dont need your parents to give me attitude. We are hosting a tournament and when u show, u respect me, and in return i will do the same. If i make u wait outside its because i and my family or staff is cleaning up. Most of the time if u see me let smashers in its because its people i know or trust and most of the time i just need them outside as well because its easier if they dont get in the way. So to not be dissrespectful if anyones father or mother goes up to me and starts complaining i really dont give a crap. Just remember its our house and we are letting in strangers to play smash. What we say does go. Also when most of u knock on our door u knock on the glass, do not do that anymore. Knock on the wooden part of the door please. If i catch any smasher knocking on the glass part of the door im going to ban you from our bi weeklies. Iwill give a warning if u do forget but the 2nd time im going to get strict. knocking on the glass damages it and makes it dirty which i have to clean.

NAZN HNR

Smash Cadet
thanks for the tournament guys,,, the three month break from smash did indeed take its toll. Nice to see your friendly faces again . Thanks. maybe more donuts next time.

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
Yeah, I was thinking about coming to the next one, but I realized that it hadn't been updated. Lame.

I need a partner also, so if anyone without a partner wants to team up I'm down.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, McRusty is an idiot. Just put your mouse over the red square beneath his name. "McRusty is the only person with this little reputation." Wow. Way to go, man.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
NAZN TYR said:
don't mind mcrustyjr, he only says that for cause he loves you

he loves himself...in a very sexual way.

where am i going with this?

anyway, yeah, i hope i can make this biweekly :]. is it going to be in pools? or is it just round robin for the WHOLE tournament ?

infam0us

Smash Cadet
im hoping to go to this.... anyone from glendale wanna hook me up with a ride? pm me please

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I live about 20 mins away, so I'd be very interested in coming. I tried searching this thread, but I couldn't find a set of rules, so I have some questions:

-Any SoCal smasher can just show up at the door and enter?
-Does this biweekly still take place at 8791 Natoma Ave, Westminster, CA?
-Do I need to bring my own controller and/or cube?
-What time does this start?
-What are the rules?

Sorry if I'm being redundant.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
1. Yes, anyone can come. Keep in mind that you MUST ENTER BOTH SINGLES AND DOUBLES. Each event is $5, so bring at least $10.
2. Yes. Please knock or ring the doorbell.
3. Controller yes.
4. 12:00pm, I think? But things usually start at 1:00pm. If you come at 12:00 please be respectful if Mike/Ken ask you to hang out outside for a few minutes while they continue to set up.
5. Don't be a jerk, primarily. The biweeklies use standard MLG rulsets, which you can look up at mlgpro.com.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmmm

Shmooguy said:
I live about 20 mins away, so I'd be very interested in coming. I tried searching this thread, but I couldn't find a set of rules, so I have some questions:

-What are the rules?

yes thats correct any so cal smasher can just show up at the door unless your banned.
it takes place at our home at that address on the first page.
yes u need to bring ur own controller, if u can provide a cube and tv it would be great also.
it usually starts at 12 pm however we sometimes extend it to 1 or 130 pm and not let anyone due to cleaning up the house or getting ready for the bi weeekly most of the time we tell people to stand outside.
the rules are basically what tournament comes near it would be mlg rules for now or possibly oc2 rules we dont know just yet at this following bi weekly.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Shmooguy said:

-What are the rules?

-Anyone is welcomed is long as they havent been banned by Ken or Mike.

-Yep, it should still take place at that address.

-You need to bring your own controller and a gamecube would help run the tournament faster.

-Not sure, but somewhere around 12pm i believe.

-I believe it's OC2 rules, you can find them at the OC2 site which is located in tournaments.

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
lol :chuckle:

here's the 4th answer(me) to Shmooguy :)

If you bring a cube or Tv(which if you can, please do so! :) )

MUST ENTER BOTH SINGLES AND DOUBLES<---------yes, heed this emphatically

Please knock or ring the doorbell.<---------If you knock, knock on the wooden part of the door :)

Charoo

Smash Champion
Marth/Falco Pro said:
Can I come? I live in westminster and Im really excited! but where's Natoma avenue? I've never heard of it...
yes you are very welcome to come!

I suggest u use mapquest or google maps or yahoo to find directions =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom