• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WFC Connection issues...

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ok, so this is a bit new for me.

Today I went onto brawl (mind you my Wii's internet connection is fine, and I played online all yesterday) and when i went to go online, i was stuck on the screen of "Connecting, Please wait" for upto 10 straight minutes at a time.

It would then end with"Disconnected from network during transmission" and an error code: 31020

i find this horribly odd considering that anything else forks fine on my wii in regards to getting online, it's only brawl that is messing up.

Anyone having a similar issue, or do i need to call the nintendo hotline :/ ?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Actually, this is what I got as well. I was waiting for 10 min until I got a 31020 error.

I did have a different issue too. After I got the 31020 error, I tested 3 different routers with 3 separate internet connections (going to a neighbor's and going to a friend's house), all of them came back with a 52010 error when using "Connection Test", something I had not seen before.

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
Yes, i have the same problem, yet i called Nintendo and the representative speaking with me had told me, that their servers are top notch and that it's my problem...yet so many people are having the same problem?

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
It is not Nintendo's server, it's our router. Nintendo didn't realize that game has alot of Wi-Fi problems and is too lazy to fix it. This will help:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wf...em=Wii&locale=en_US&action2.x=18&action2.y=29

It's for 86240, but it's similar. Both you and your opponent will need to follow the steps to get a clear battle.

Incorrect, it is not with out routers, because all other games on the wii are running perfectly on wifi and so is the internet channel etc on the wii and even the internet for my computer ( how could i be typing this?). My brother who works with routers and computing told me that since it was disconnected from network during the transmission, it is something wrong on Nintendo's part, which it is because many people are having the same problem.

"Both you and your opponent will need to follow the steps to get a clear battle"

??? This problem won't let us connect to WiFi, i don't understand what you mean by this.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Yeah, there seems to be more reports of 31020 and 51020 but nintendo has not updated their error codes pages w/either one yet. they should soon though, but prolly not before the actual cause of the issue is fixed.

and it IS on nintendo's side, just to confirm for anyone pulling out their hair trying to "fix" their router. if you follow their general xbleshooting to the max, and still get the error code, you'll have to play something else until it's fixed.

I have not personally experienced this error code so far, guess I've lucked out on that, but for those that do experience it, try the routine fixes (manual setup, DMZ, port forward, MTU, etc).

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
Yeah, there seems to be more reports of 31020 and 51020 but nintendo has not updated their error codes pages w/either one yet. they should soon though, but prolly not before the actual cause of the issue is fixed.

and it IS on nintendo's side, just to confirm for anyone pulling out their hair trying to "fix" their router. if you follow their general xbleshooting to the max, and still get the error code, you'll have to play something else until it's fixed.

I have not personally experienced this error code so far, guess I've lucked out on that, but for those that do experience it, try the routine fixes (manual setup, DMZ, port forward, MTU, etc).
Well, I've checked up on google about the error code and from what i've seen, the problem took a week to fix...Do you think it will take just as much time this time around?

EDIT: i just spoke with Nintendo again, the person who spoke with me was telling me how they are not sure exactly what the problem is, but they are working on it and have no solution to it atm. They will notify me if the situation changes.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
that's good news. hopefully I still won't have this issue to begin with, I wonder what the deal is...

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
that's good news. hopefully I still won't have this issue to begin with, I wonder what the deal is...
Well, i hope they do find out what the problem is lol...if they don't know what it is, it's hard to find a solution...lets just hope they do.

Taser9090

Smash Rookie
Incorrect, it is not with out routers, because all other games on the wii are running perfectly on wifi and so is the internet channel etc on the wii and even the internet for my computer ( how could i be typing this?). My brother who works with routers and computing told me that since it was disconnected from network during the transmission, it is something wrong on Nintendo's part, which it is because many people are having the same problem.

"Both you and your opponent will need to follow the steps to get a clear battle"

??? This problem won't let us connect to WiFi, i don't understand what you mean by this.
Ah, I see. I'm sure that it is the game, not the servers.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Ah, I see. I'm sure that it is the game, not the servers.
?? Are you not reading the posts you're replying to? LOL The game doesn't just malfunction on its own, and over a broad spectrum of users. The issue is with Nintendo, specifically their connection servers for Brawl, which has already been verified, and there is no ETA for correction.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
I have the same problem, and similar issues with Dr. Mario and Everybody Votes Channel. Is anyone else having problems with other games?

Top Bottom