• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What About Marth's Final Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I think Marth should keep his Brawl final smash, with no changes at all. But there is probably someone with a different opnion.

What do you guys think of Marth's final smash? Was the Brawl final smash good? Should it be buffed or nerfed? Should Marth get a new final smash? If so, what could it be?

Discuss everything about Marth's final smash here!

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
They didn't change Mario's or Samus so they probably just port the moves of veterans over. Plus it was kinda cool and made me giggle seeing the Fire Emblem Life Bar Deplete. Not that any of this matter in a competitive sense.

Hyal

Smash Cadet
They didn't change Mario's or Samus so they probably just port the moves of veterans over. Plus it was kinda cool and made me giggle seeing the Fire Emblem Life Bar Deplete. Not that any of this matter in a competitive sense.
I agree. It's iconic, and looks pretty cool. New effects when he dashs towards his opponent could be done and, idk, maybe make the life bar prettier imo

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I really like it, so I don't want it to change.
Plus it's really epic when you pull it off in the air.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
You can press B (Or whatever button you used to preform the smash) to cancel Critical Hit, making him stop and slash instantly, then drop harmlessly to the ground.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Wait, they already showed off the Mario Finale? I thought they had only shown Zero Laser and Wii Fit.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I think Marth should keep his Brawl final smash, with no changes at all. But there is probably someone with a different opnion.

What do you guys think of Marth's final smash? Was the Brawl final smash good? Should it be buffed or nerfed? Should Marth get a new final smash? If so, what could it be?

Discuss everything about Marth's final smash here!
......How would one BUFF Critical Hit?
Just.....it KO's them if it misses by slicing the air hard enough to send them flying?
If it hits, the character is deleted from the game?
I honestly don't know how one could buff it.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Just.....it KO's them if it misses by slicing the air hard enough to send them flying?
Yeah I don't know how but there is probably some guy around Smashboards that thinks it could be more overpowered than it is.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I don't know how but there is probably some guy around Smashboards that thinks it could be more overpowered than it is.
You could summon the flute player from the original Fire Emblem that lets you move twice. Then you could use two Critical Hits in one Smash Ball.
But in all seriousness, it's the best Final Smash in Brawl IMO.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
You could summon the flute player from the original Fire Emblem that lets you move twice. Then you could use two Critical Hits in one Smash Ball.
But in all seriousness, it's the best Final Smash in Brawl IMO.
Marth is epic. For Link to be epic he needs to trap the enemy and slash it a hundred times. For Ike to be epic he needs to hit the enemy with a lot of flaming slashes. Marth just runs and does a single slash and beats them in epicness.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I really liked Critical Hit, and all I hope is that Masahiro adds a spectrum of vibrant translucent colors to go with it, intensifying how awesome it looks when you kill your friend.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I vote on the character getting deleted from the game kekeke :troll:.
Or once you're hit by it, it corrupts all of your save files, and crashes your Wii U.

Clebus

Smash Journeyman
Uhh.. Marth's final smash really is pretty bad. You've got all that start up lag to dodge, or Aether or whatever olimar's move is that gives him launch resistance

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Uhh.. Marth's final smash really is pretty bad. You've got all that start up lag to dodge, or Aether or whatever olimar's move is that gives him launch resistance
Valid point.
But it's all about knowing how to use Marth properly.
Marth has ridiculously weak throws.
Use that to your advantage by throwing your enemy forward and immediately following up with a Critical Hit. They wouldn't have time to properly air dodge after a combo like that.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Well, first of all you need one hell of a timing to airdodge Marth's FS. And you can always combo something into it.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
^I second that, the health bar has been the best part of the FS.
Also, it's not bad at all, in Brawl Marth can just play safe until he gets a read or a good enough frametrap.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Isn't Little Mac's KO Punch kiiiiiinda like Critical Hit?
Wouldn't Marth need something different?

eleanorvonclere

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-2398-9953
Hm...some final smashes are kind of similar (Pika-Sonic, Diddy-Yoshi-Wario), and imo Zelda's FS is a bit similar to Marth's, even though they have their own specificities. I don't know about LM's, it may be more similar to Marth's, but I'm not sure it's enough to change his since most of us like it (it fits him perfectly !) ._.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Little Mac's KO Punch is not a Final Smash though.
Marth's Final Smash being similar to another character's standard attack is kinda 'unbalanced,' right?

Last edited:

eleanorvonclere

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-2398-9953
Oh, yeah, true.
I still don't know much about his KO Punch by now, but I'd rather say that this attack is too powerful if not a FS.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Make it so it can't be so easily dodged with a well-timed evade, and goes through Super Armor. Or make Marth stop himself before the blast line in the air instead of having to cancel. It can't be knockback buffed really, but it can be functionally buffed.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Critical Hit is OP. So is Fox, Falco, and Wolf. It's a final smash though, it should be OP. They should just improve the others.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
How about this? We keep his final smash, but add more visual effects to it?
At 18:30, there's footage of Marth using the Falchion to attack in FE1. When attacking with it, he raises his sword and five shining stars go into the sword before he attacks. Why not do that right before his attack? It wouldn't affect the attack itself (except for freezing the opponents in place for a bit longer), but it would make it look awesome.

(Also, watch the video if you haven't already. It's great.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom