• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what affects your game?

Karst

Smash Rookie
If I am not playing slouched forward cross-legged I tend to do much worse than average. I think that noise level and conversations in the background tend to distract me more than most other people as well.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
A good amount of stuff messes me up.

1. Being half asleep, but then again, how many people are not negatively affected by this? I tend to make a lot more mistakes, including SD'ing in the stupidest ways possible.

2. Hands too cold or hot. In the former case, I can barely move my hands. In the latter case, not getting a good grip on the controller.

3. Not feeling fired up to want to bust someone's face in. I won't be quite at my best if I'm not feeling the rush.

4. Lack of energy, usually from being hungry.

5. The first couple of games. I guess "warming up" improves my game then when I first start playing after some time.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
A damaged/hurt/broken knee
Once I fell down and hurt my knee, I then proceeded to lose every single match until my knee healed.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
i cant play while listening to music. if theres music i just waveshine to the beat and when i get to the edge i just dont stop.

yamigarasu

Smash Cadet
Well,If I'm dead when I'm about to have a match,it throws me off a little bit because all of my organs shut down.It gets irritating after a while because I can't do anything.

Seriously though,I hate having sweaty fingers.The way I play Smash...well...I guess you can say it always looks like I'm throwing a tantrum(and I really need to get out of this habit).So if I have sweaty hands/fingers when I play this game,I hope the controller doesn't fly off and my opponent in the face.

Just kidding.

Top Bottom