• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some fun ways to play brawl? I'm bored...

iBrawler

Smash Cadet
Okay so I'm bored and I want to find new fun ways to play Brawl and experience it's greatness to the fullest capacity. I remember with my friend we decided to be all the same people(we were Sheiks) and then we were one team with a level 1 Sheik and then we faced a level 9 sheik and well we aren't the best(it was melee so I wasn't that great with the controller) and it was fun then we did it with ness, jigglypuff, fox. Then we started pausing the game and making stories out of the position each brawler is in like one time foxes mouth was on Mewtwo's nipple hahah :p and how you could see Peaches underwear :p

Basically I just want some new fun ways to find it more fun :)
Any ideas?

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
One of my favorites is Slow Motion Super Sudden Death. It becomes a contest of who can use powerful but lagless moves to kill all their enemies, even when they have ample time to react. Don't expect to live for more than a few seconds if one of these heats up...Plus, the slow action makes it feel epic.

NNID
Budget_Player
Me and my friends have "Pinball". It's a stage which is hard, but not impossible, to get knocked out of. Not like most hard but not impossible stages, it has a lot of single blocks everywhere. Ends up as a pinball match. Play sonic and die. :V

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
when im bored all i do in brawl is that i put sudden death match with only hammers and explosives. also i end up making people start out with lips stick

iBrawler

Smash Cadet
this are interesting, I kinda like the torture chamber and the slow mo sounds pretty funny :p
I don't get the "pinball" :S

Koala

Smash Cadet
Something fun that I have done before which was also really challenging was playing as ZSS against a lvl. 9 Ganondorf and I put myself at 300% damage for each stock. It took me a little while, but I was finally able to beat it and it was pretty fun at the same time!

iBrawler

Smash Cadet
that's soo cool it's like air fighting! Maybe I could try with high flyers like Kirby and Pit.

princessofsmash

Smash Cadet
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Earth, Milky Way, Unive
i have some suggestions:
- play Melee/Brawl with your favorite characters and do a favorite characters round by either doing activity options such as Super Sudden Death or Stock Fight or Time Fight it.
- play Melee/ Brawl by doing the Subspace Emmisary and pretending to be right in the game. for example, like walking instead of running. or bring a friend and do the Subspace Emmisary together and try to get right in the game by talking such as saying: " Get that Floow Mario! " or something really gay like that.
- play Melee/ Brawl by doing a melee or brawl battle by versing all the characters you don't like. for me, i'd be Toon Link and go against my characters that i don't like such as Ganondorf or Ice Climbers.
- fight without any items at all ( cuz i personally don't like items and find that doing a fight without items seem more like a good ol' fashioned fight. ) it depends on those who play the SSB games but having no items is the way i like to go.
- do a battle were your just one character and have items or no items and verse the same character that you are.
- make a battle were you have all the characters that are from the same series ( like Toon Link, Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. ) or make a team battle or add other things to it and do it in the same battle stage theme.
- take the music off so that you can hear the voices, grunts, punches, kicks, and all those uncomfortable sounds that make Melee/ Brawl Melee/Brawl!
do a battle with characters that are extremely similar to each other such as Samus, Captian Falcon, Fox or other characters that are related to each other. i.e. : sci-fi with sci-fi, fantasy with fantasy etc.
- do a battle were you and others are the bad guys verse the good guys and vice versa from different series. ( Bowser, Ganon, Wolf, and Metaknight/Dedede vs. Link, Mario, Samus, and Donkey Kong. )
- do a 99 minute battle!
- do a 99 stock battle!
- make a stage out of something you like. ( i did a Chevrolet Corvette badge as a Brawl stage as well as the Triforce. )
- do a Pokeball battle!
- do a Lipstick, Beam Sword, Home Run Bat and all the other wacking items in a battle with NO use of the characters special moves what so ever!
- do a battle were there are four swordsman in the game. ( such as Marth, Roy, Metaknight, Toon Link, Link, Young Link. )
- how about a battle of a Femme Fetale!
- or a the princess's!

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Brawl +, Shadow Moses Island, Stamina mode.

STREET BRAWLER

Actually, it plays pretty well. You can add smashballs, too, since it doesn't actually unbalance gameplay a ****ton.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I like to create little scenarios against CPU's in normal Brawls (I actually do this in Melee cuz I'm a Melee player, but whatever, you can do it in Brawl too). For example, I do this when I'm trying to improve as another character. In this case, fox.

I go on a team against three level 6 green Samus' on Corneria. We all have one stock. I pretend like its an alien invasion and I have to get the alien off the ship without them killing me.

After I can beat all three of them, I move their level up, and continue to do it until I get to level 9 and I can beat them all (haven't gotten there yet).

Then I choose a different charcater and a different scenario and train as that character. It helps keep it from getting boring.

Phir3

Smash Apprentice
Try a Snake on Snake stamina battle with physical attacks only (no B moves or smashes; you CAN use the taunt as an attack) on a map that requires little recovering. Only use grabs once the opponent has less than 10HP for the "I'll put you down nice and easy" throw. No double jumping unless on a platform. It's really fun to play.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I like to build certain levels specifically for Coin Matches, or Stamina Matches, like any closed areas. I also created one level specifically for a one-stock match, it's a full-scale closed box, with, one hole on the top-left-hand side, the object as I called it "Perfect Aim" is to literally rack up enough damage on someone and knock them through the hole, which takes, perfect aim.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
something a friend and I did last night, was loads of fun:

Giant Metal Heavy Slow Ganondorf Brawl
Basically you're slow as crap, but strong as crap. build a custom stage specifically designed for it. fall through platforms, and 2 slopes at the side, as well as some platforms below. so it would look like:

/- - - - - \
- - -

or something along those lines. you can exchange slow for fast. Set it to like, 5 or 10 lives, and enjoy like 20 minutes of "errrgh, so sloooow!" and exchanging sparta f-tilts with each other. add in super mushrooms and stop watches and bunny hoods for extra slow/fast/giantness

edit- to guy above talking about Fox vs Samuses and whatnot, I used to do that in Melee a few years ago. "scenarios" or whatnot in stamina mode. Such as, starting at Peaches castle, fighting, say, the Mario brothers, then improv, like "oh, the bullet bill blew up the castle and sent you a random icey mountain!" then go to infinite glacier etc etc. Though with Brawl's editable stamina values, theres bound to be more creativity options for that.

princessofsmash

Smash Cadet
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Earth, Milky Way, Unive
I like to build certain levels specifically for Coin Matches, or Stamina Matches, like any closed areas. I also created one level specifically for a one-stock match, it's a full-scale closed box, with, one hole on the top-left-hand side, the object as I called it "Perfect Aim" is to literally rack up enough damage on someone and knock them through the hole, which takes, perfect aim.
i did that one time but it looked like this:
[_][_][_][_][_][_]
[_] [_]
[_] [_]
[_] _________ [_]
i used that stage to get the 400 combo block done/

Martel Hammer

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, how was this NOT said yet?
No items. Fox only. Final Destination.
In all seriousness, try mega lightning brawl on FD with Ike and a character of your choice. High on blastboxes and bomb-ombs. It's hilarious.

iBrawler

Smash Cadet
thanks for all these great ideas, it's really nice seeing the unique sides of people come out :)
I had a 99 minute brawl before :p
And the pokemon battle sounds good :)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

Iri5hL3gaCY

Smash Cadet
try a super fast brawl with unlimited curry and giant characters on,

it is absolutely INSANE!!!

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
My friends and I play a game called Hot Potato. 300% brawl with Jiggs only. Use about 15 lives, then put gooey bombs only on high. You just throw gooey bombs at each other and try to stick them to others to get them off you. No attacking. And no dodging to avoid the explosion or else people are allowed to do whatever they want to make you lose a stock.

It's pretty fun imo.

Or there's my variant. Get somebody to use Snake while the other 3 are all Jiggs. 300% and then have the Snake run around the stage throwing explosives everywhere. Snake can't tilt or anything. Nades, C4, mine, f-smash, and mortars only (no mortar slides). See which Jiggs lives longest.

REL38

Smash Lord
Make a machinima
Play through the Subspace Emissary on Intense
Boss Battle on Intense
Make wacko custom stages with odd rules for an interesting game

Play another game?

That's all I got. I usually play something else when I'm bored with it. That or do something not video game related.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
These two are really good:

1. Smashville with everyone being CF. Everyone goes on the moving platform. If you touch the stage, you must SD.

2.Smashville with angled view and bumbers set on very high.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
YEAH duelist pro is way too cool^^
you have to try it ^^

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
I like to create little scenarios against CPU's in normal Brawls (I actually do this in Melee cuz I'm a Melee player, but whatever, you can do it in Brawl too). For example, I do this when I'm trying to improve as another character. In this case, fox.

I go on a team against three level 6 green Samus' on Corneria. We all have one stock. I pretend like its an alien invasion and I have to get the alien off the ship without them killing me.

After I can beat all three of them, I move their level up, and continue to do it until I get to level 9 and I can beat them all (haven't gotten there yet).

Then I choose a different charcater and a different scenario and train as that character. It helps keep it from getting boring.
i do that too but I take it more seriously, no items, 5 stock, @ level 5, but random char's on FD. I still lose a lot because the CPU fluked out in having a mix that's difficult to defeat. Toon Link + Ice Climbers + Zelda is extremely hard.
Sometimes

Dins_fire21

Smash Rookie
Large heavyweights on a Special Giant Brawl with only Super Mushrooms for items makes the fight pretty unique... especially if you are on a very small stage. Me and my friends play this on Corneria or F.D. sometimes.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Build an enclosed box stage with one small opening in 300% brawl with one life. Me and my friends spent hours doing that. It was just up to luck if you win or get launched through the small opening. Items r optional.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Heavy brawl plus the damage guage on .8 instead of 1 is mega fun it gives the game a melee feel, try using sonic though he is a joke to try and use ^_^

Top Bottom