• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some good counterpicking stages for Luigi?

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
I need some help, im having trouble decinding counterpick stages for my characters, what stages would you reccomend that help Luigi out alot.
I have corneria because of the ability to recover easily from a failed super jump punch with the aid of the Fin of the Great fox, but other than that im clueless, any help would be appreciated.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Battlefield is a great counterpick, it has platforms that help dodge campers,projectiles and sets you up for some up-airs which you can land maybe 2-4 at a time. Same for Lyhat Cruise. But if anything pick a stage that will help you most and your oppenent has a disadvantage in. But don't be stupid to pick a stage such as corneria if your up against a D3.

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Luigi doesn't really have the "best" stage for him, because he performs just as well on a majority of the stages. His recovery basically lets him handle nearly any situation he's in, so eh. PKMN Stadium 2 might work for him better than any other stage, but it's situational; the ice field gives him incredible mobility. Ever try doing an DAC-USmash on it? =P

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
I usually counter whatever the other players character hates. If you can't decide, however, try Yoshi's Island. The slanted edge allows you to drop hop down B across half the stage with all the priority. It's a really nice way to approach playing against characters like MK and Marth.

Top Bottom