• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some little tiny things that annoy you?

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I guess you could call this a pet peeves thread, but it's a little bit different from that. I want to discuss the really minute things that you notice that are annoying.

For instance, one little thing that makes me mad is when you have a box of Tic-Tacs and there are only two or three mints left in the box. Then, they get stuck to the bottom of the plastic container and you can't shake them out. You have to squeeze your finger in that little opening and pick them off so that you can get one.

Another one is when you put a Gamecube game in your Wii. Usually when you put a Wii disc by the slot it just gets pulled in. But when a little GC disk goes near the opening in the Wii, you have to push it in a bit, and it feels weird, like you're not supposed to.

I know, pretty random stuff, but I think that this could be a pretty fun discussion!

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Loud chewing, but I would imagine that's a pretty common one.

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have this thing with old spaghetti sauce. I absolutely hate when it gets on my hands. That's why I could never be a waitress. I can catch bugs and lizards, but I can't touch old sauce. Funny when you think about it!

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
-I hate it when fast food advertisments or commercials try to make their food look so good and whatnot when its not.

-I hate that almost every fast food place copied the snackwrap.

-When families on tv shows act all perfect. It just irritates me.

- Oh and White Castle's hamburgers annoy me. I mean its not even a hamburger, its just bread.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
-I hate it when fast food advertisments or commercials try to make their food look so good and whatnot when its not.

-I hate that almost every fast food place copied the snackwrap.

-When families on tv shows act all perfect. It just irritates me.

- Oh and White Castle's hamburgers annoy me. I mean its not even a hamburger, its just bread.
You just reminded me of another one.

When you're at some family barbecue thing or whatever and somebody is grilling burgers. So he's just goes and lets em cook, and then, he goes of and presses the burgers down with the underside of his spatula. I mean, seriously, what in the world is that for? I really have noticed that almost everybody who cooks stuff on a grill does this! Why do they do it?!

D13

Smash Ace
When someone interupts me and I'm in the middle of something. What I'm busy with may or may not be important, it just irritates me. But that's probably true for a lot of people.

Oh, and I don't like talking about bones, lungs or anything else inside me. It weirds me out to imagine all that stuff in there. :x

Mr. Lombardi said:
When you're at some family barbecue thing or whatever and somebody is grilling burgers. So he's just goes and lets em cook, and then, he goes of and presses the burgers down with the underside of his spatula. I mean, seriously, what in the world is that for? I really have noticed that almost everybody who cooks stuff on a grill does this! Why do they do it?!
Maybe the cook is getting irritated with the grill and wants the burgers to cook faster? I get impatient when I'm hungry. >_>

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
People who can't back up their claims, and they have plenty of claims, but that's all they have.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Loud chewing, but I would imagine that's a pretty common one.
^Why I avoid eating at the table and the cafeteria with everyone else. :ohwell:
It's not just loud, if I can hear it it pisses me off. I just find it a horridly disgusting sound.

I also hate getting my my fingers sticky, and getting the palms of my hands wet. When I was my hands I'm consciously putting my whole hand under the water.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
People who point with two fingers as opposed to one. Usually the index and middle finger, but it can also be both index fingers, thumb and index, or anything else higher than one finger. It's not cool, guys; use a finger and stick with it.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
You just reminded me of another one.

It's to squeeze out the excess of grease in the burgers.

I absolutely HATE IT when people end sentences with prepositions.

I prefer grammar to be used properly.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
When you're walking down a street, and you're walking a little bit faster than someone who is ahead of you, so eventually you catch up and you're walking right behind them. Right about here I get worried that the person thinks I'm following them, especially if it's a female and it's late or there's not really anyone around. (Not that I look shifty or anything.O_o)

So I usually dash ahead of them before slowing back to my normal pace, which I'd imagine looks odd at least.

Grr.

antimatter

Smash Lord
Oh and another one.
Those weight loss and acne removal commercials are so fake! I mean it doesnt take a blind person to tell the two comparison images are two different people.
dont forget the hair restoring products.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
People on public transport that smell. Not just smell, but stink to high heaven.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
heres one. its not really 'little'

your girlfriend's best friend.

that ***** always thinks she knows whats right for her friend when in truth she only knows one side and should just stay the **** out of other people's business. I ****ing hate it when you call up yr girlfriend during a fight and her best friend picks up the phone and starts *****ing you out. ***** its none of your ****ing business. or she says 'yea she cant talk right now' like she knows whats best or some ****. **** that. stay out of our business and go get a man of your own ****.

Waka_Waka_do_do_yea

Smash Journeyman
What annoys me, is people being annoyed. Some years ago I realized that I look at myself in a quite elitist way. I actually look down on people who loudly complains about just about anything. I continuously fail to see the logic in other peoples "problems". It might seem egoistic that I can't take others problems seriously.

Like Peeze's example of uneven stacks of cups. Just let them be for heavens sake! (no offense)

People mentioning their own, tiny things of annoyance!

I have no idea where I got with this, I'll probably look like a big jerk. Maybe I am one?

Grandeza

Smash Master
What annoys me, is people being annoyed. Some years ago I realized that I look at myself in a quite elitist way. I actually look down on people who loudly complains about just about anything. I continuously fail to see the logic in other peoples "problems". It might seem egoistic that I can't take others problems seriously.

Like Peeze's example of uneven stacks of cups. Just let them be for heavens sake! (no offense)

People mentioning their own, tiny things of annoyance!

I have no idea where I got with this, I'll probably look like a big jerk. Maybe I am one?
Oh the irony!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
When the thread page gets stretched out because of an image.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
waka - Yea dude this is prob the most modest way of venting our frustration. Posting on an internet forum is harmless. If it bothers you don't read it. But please don't come in here and say how we annoy you somehow. It just doesn't make sense. I agree that people that ***** and complain and are negative Nancies all the time IRL are ****ing annoying. But posting in an internet forum to vent our frustrations is a quite healthy way to deal with it.

so um gtfo.

thanks.

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I was going to say that we seem to be complaining. It feels good to talk about little stupid things that you notice.

But do some people have things and sounds that relax you?
Completely random, but my cat doesn't have claws and the sound of his soft paws "clawing" at a chair or something just calms me like nothing else. That and certain people whistling melodies. Baha whistles while he cleans in the kitchen. He always repeats one of the songs from Twilight Princess. I always fall asleep when he's cleaning. haha

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
People on public transport that smell. Not just smell, but stink to high heaven.
I hate on the subway when a fat person squeezes in the middle seat between me or someone else =\ Also, these people often smell, too.

When white dudes try to act gangsta. It's annoying and it just looks stupid. Now some Asians can pull off gangsta believably, but white people just can't.
Lol, it annoys me when anyone who doesn't actually live in the ghetto tries to act gangsta.

When the thread page gets stretched out because of an image.
Perry Bible Fellowship is worth stretching out the page for ;)

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
I'll tell you what doesn't annoy me. This topic has thirty-two replies and, from what I can see (I skimmed 'em all), no one responded to the question "What are some little tiny things that annoy you?" with "YOUR BALLS"

Thanks, guys. I'm really impressed.

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
I'll tell you what doesn't annoy me. This topic has thirty-two replies and, from what I can see (I skimmed 'em all), no one responded to the question "What are some little tiny things that annoy you?" with "YOUR BALLS"

Thanks, guys. I'm really impressed.
but you know we usually respond to the connotation that "little" as stated in the title's thread means "not of great importance" rather than its literal definition

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
When you say, "Thank you" because some one did something nice for you and they respond with, "Mhmm."

Now, I don't mind, "No problem" or "Don't Mention it" because that means that they're nice enough to do something for you without expecting recognition, But "Mhmm" doesn't sound sincere to me.

Kilut

Smash Cadet
When I have change or keys or mints or gum or anything in my pocket that makes noise when I walk...

I like my pockets to be organized because I keep tons of stuff in there.

KMB23

Smash Journeyman
I'd imagine this is pretty common, but I HATE it when people online say something like: "your stupid", or "their stupid". I wonder if this is because they lack intelligence, or if they are too **** lazy to type a couple extra letters.

Top Bottom