• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are SSBB shields made of?

Shuma

Smash Hero
They're made Falcon and Warlock's Punch essence, with Falcon sweat a little tiny bit of Italian moustache kept togheter and rigid by nintendium.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
They are made of the ashes of all the waddle dees, doos, and gordos sacrificed in battle in effort to bring victory to King Dedede.
Please, offer ten seconds of silence to these fallen soldiers whose brave sacrifice shall not be in vain.
Thankyou, now let us build a memorial to these fighting men and women to honor their sacrifice...
Mr. Fred Rogers 1928-2003

SagaKirby

Smash Journeyman
They are made of the ashes of all the waddle dees, doos, and gordos sacrificed in battle in effort to bring victory to King Dedede.
Please, offer ten seconds of silence to these fallen soldiers whose brave sacrifice shall not be in vain.
Thankyou, now let us build a memorial to these fighting men and women to honor their sacrifice...
Mr. Fred Rogers 1928-2003
amen. RIP mr rogers.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's so OBVIOUS what they're made of.

Water, 35 liters
Carbon, 25 kilograms
Ammonia, 4 liters
Lime, 1.5 kilograms
Phosphorous, 800 grams
Salt, 250 grams
Saltpeter, 100 grams
Sulfur, 80 grams
Flourine, 7.5 grams
Iron, 5 grams
Silicon, 3 grams
15 other minor elements

...*ahem* but seriously, it's nintendium mixed with the sperm from a chuck norris style falcon punch. obviously.

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
The shields can block falcon punches. Falcon punches are the most amazing strong thing in the history of the universe. The shield is made of concentrated falcon punch.
but diddy kong's foot can kick through a falcon punch and hit falcon?

M.K

Level 55
They took pieces of Captain Falcon's power and slapped it on the shields!

That's why he is absent from Brawl. That is NOT Captain Falcon!

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
THIS IS THE TRUTH.

In Kirby Superstar, you can use a shield to block attacks. The appearance of the shield varied from ability to ability, but the shields in Smash Bros. are the shield of Kirby's mirror ability in Kirby Superstar.

Pic:

Though they are shown seperate here, that's only because there are no two frames in the game where the shield and Kirby are both in. It's an alternating picture between the two, but it looks as if it's just a blinking shield.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
the stuff that gamecubes/gba's etc are made of.

seriously, those things don't break =P
This is all seriously, regardless if you were joking or not-

I treated my GC like a baby i never let it fall or anything and once i tripped down some stairs while holding it and grabbed it and hurt my self but alas! the GC was unharmed. Well one day
the gc was in a 3ft table and i was having a melee tourney and someone tripped on a controler and the GC fell resulting in the 1P slot cracking and breaking from the inside, reset button breaking and the images got blurry...
The party was no fun afterwards...

I still have that thing and it can't be used for any 1P games...:mad:

Top Bottom