• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the exact specifications for Pac-Man's super armor?

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
The super armor is just another thing that tend to look at as "Oh once I get that power pellet, I've got super armor and I'm almost untouchable" but I know that's of course not how it works.

Is it super armor for X amount of frames? Does it matter how big the hitbox of whatever attack someone uses against it is?
I've provided some examples below from a tournament I was at this past Sunday.

First up was Pac dittos (I'm the blue Pac-Man) and there were a few moments when a hyndrant was thrown onto the other Pac-Man when he was using his side+b. Sometimes the armor ate it all, sometimes it ate only some, sometimes it ate none.

I'll provide some time stamps for easy reference.

4:10 - I eat power pellet, gets hit by hydrant shortly after and absorb none of the damage.
4:26 - He eats power pellet, gets hit by my hydrant appearing to be every so slightly earlier than mine. He appears to absorb some of the damage but then gets hit by the hydrant.
6:56 - I go through his hydrant and absorb all damage. I appear to hit his hydrant sooner than in the previous two cases (though I appear to clip it from the side more whereas the prior two mentioned
7:15 - He hits my hydrant and absorbs all damage. To me, appears to be closer to the timing of the hit mentioned at 4:26

This one is from later on in that tournament when I thought super armor met Wario fart but either it did not, or his fart beats super armor.

13:55 for this one, I have time stamped it.

Top Bottom