• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what are the odds of an AT switch?

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
I apologize if this has been done(and im surprised i didnt see it) but i did a search and found no threads about this.

just a thought. But we have an item switch, why not have an AT switch too? This would greatly increase the likelihood of them being used in fun play and in tournaments. Being able to turn off the problematic game-altering ATs like the devil and the nintendog so that only the good ones remain. Or narrowing the scope to a few choice ones for really intense matches(in item switch turn AT on only and items set to very high).

same concept could be applied to pokeballs too obviously, and in some sense it was present in melee. There were specific event matches where only certain pokemon came out of the balls("legendary battle" or whatever it was called comes to mind...stupid wobuffet). I know many people would want an opportunity to recreate that legendary experience with the new game.

and to those who are thinking "well if you turn off all but celebi, you could just use that to get CDs." would it really be that hard to make the switches unlockable? Say have both mew and celebi trophies gotten and all CDs obtained as prerequisites to the pokeball switch.(may take time to unlock, but this add-in would make the long term with items a lot better).

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
low...unfortunately, but hey, I'm just one guy, what do I know.

impulse346

Smash Cadet
low, i don't think sakurai would give us the option of being able to turn off certain ATs or pokeballs, but it would be nice for more costume games.

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
I really hope so, I always wanted to do a kind of "legendary pokemon" battle

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
I think AT switch would be do-able, but maybe only by category? Like only certain series or something. Anyway I don't think the chances are that high...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Its a pretty complex thing. I wouldn't want to search throw all of that. But it would be a nice thing to have. I always liked to turn off some items like poison mushrooms and stuff.

-Onyx

dark_Illusion_hokage

Smash Apprentice
I would like the chance to stop a dog from barking and scratching the screen like it wants to come out and eat me, but i doubt it will happen.

Sakurai can be unreadable, so who knows what will happen, but i actually would like this feature in brawl.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Assist Trophies are just Pokeballs with different characters in them. Was there a Pokeball switch in 64 or Melee?

But on the other hand, we got a stage switch in Melee, so it's not impossible for Assist Tropies and Pokeballs to be switchable in Brawl.

Smash Ace
what they need is a switch to choose what characters appear and which ones don't.
I'd turn the Nintendog off, and...
actually, I'd turn them all off except Lyn and maybe Andross... EPIC KOage.
=2007=

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why not=??? WE should extend it to Pokéball Pokémon while we're at it. If the Brawl development team has half a brain, they should do it. It is easy to impliment...easy as implementing the music option chance deal thingy. >_<

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ehh I'd say low, I think these things are meant to be random.

JPW

Smash Ace
they could have the AT switch as part of your trophy gallery deal. When you get a trophy from SSE or wherever. You can choose whether or not to have it as an assist in your gallery option that could be a way to do it.

It could be like for the odds trophies... "assist on" or "assist off"

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Hmm.. Sakurai seems to have a vendetta against letting people play games the way they want...
But that does seem to have changed with Brawl's music switch, mode switch, and Melee's aforementioned stage switch, so it's not entirely impossible.
While it's a good idea, and logically would have a 100% chance, we're dealing with a quite illogical guy here, so I'd move it down to 50%.
As another possibility, how about individual item/AT/Pokémon frequency changer? We have it for music, so why not them?
Also, a randomizer, which could be a lot more effective than closing your eyes and playing with the control stick and A button.

VEGA_224

Smash Rookie
I would think it to be very high. Think of how many ATs that could POSSIBLY be in this game? If Sakurai is pulling from ANY game from ANY of Nintendo's franchises, then we could have 100+ ATs easily. That means that the odds of getting the same one soon would be slim...

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Fools, this is already confirmed, they have tought of EVERYTHING!

On a serious note, I think it has decent odds. I don't want a Nintendog popping up when I'm hoping for an Andross or Saki (the only dud I'd leave in is Tingle just because he is THAT awesome). A Pokeball switch would also be cerain if there was an AT switch so...

Ojanya

Smash Ace
I doubt ATs will be used in tournies. I don't know the chances of an AT switch. I'm not Sakurai.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
it's definitely possible.

i'd really like the option to turn off stage hazards. that would make some levels (like Norfair) sooo much better.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
I'm really hoping for such an option, so I can turn off Wobbuffet, Devil, and Nintendog

And since customizing stuff seems to be big in SSBB, this will hopefully be included.

VEGA_224

Smash Rookie
^Reminds me of DoA...You could turn the stage hazards off there, too. That would be cool. YAY, Brinstar with no lava!

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
I'd say chances are very low.

I mean, randomness is kinda the whole point of these items (AT's and Pokeballs). You open one, and you never know what you're going to get. Might help, might not. Besides, part of the balance of the items is getting useless things like Goldeen.

Baconater

Smash Cadet
I feel like you'll be able to turn them all off or all on, not pick and choose. It would be cool if you could pick and choose, but there are just so many assist trophies i don't see it happening. (same thing as with the pokeballs)

Top Bottom