• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the top 20 moves for vertical KO Power?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
KO power or KO potential? For instance, ZSS' uair kills at pretty early percentages but not because it's "strong."

Fox's usmash in either case.

daisho

Smash Lord
DK... U smash D smash and U air are all really good vertical killers. Punch is also good, but can kill horizontally too.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Snake's utilt, Lucas's up Smash, Luigi's Up B, Link's dair, Ganondorf's Usmash, Ivysaur's Uair and Usmash, Ike Up Smash, Eruption, and Game & Watch's Up smash are the ones that come to mind.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
Gaw's up-smash, DK's up-smash, Kirby's down-b...all I can think of for now.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
Ike's eruption kills as low as 8% in the middle of FD almost fully charged on Ivysaur (10-20s on others), DK's 9punch kills in the 30s-40s, and Luigi's upb kills in the 50s-60s. At about this time, Ivysaur's usmash also kills.
Afterwards you have things like Lucas and G&W usmash, which kill in the 70s-80s, G&W dsmash which as about the same amount of knockback, along with Luigi's fsmash tilted up. In the same range is also the Bowser bomb and Jigglypuff's rest. Right behind these, you also have insanely powerful uairs like Zelda's and Bowser's which will kill below 100%, Fox's, Peach's, Squirtle's, and Olimar's usmash which have about the same knockback, and DK's dsmash (usmash won't hit short, grounded opponents). In this category there would also be Snake's downb and fair, Link's ending blow (Dair), Ganondorf's lightning stomp (Dair), and Olimar's purple uthrow.
After this you get into the range around 100, where moves such as Zelda's utilt, Bowser's utilt Snake's utilt, Ike's usmash, Dedede's utilt, Ganondorf's dash attack, Luigi's nair, Snake's uair, and many others all kill.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Fox Usmash
Wario Uair
Snake Utilt
Dedede Utilt
Bowser Utilt
Lucas Usmash
Game and Watch Usmash
Yoshi Uair
Donkey Kong Usmash/Dsmash
Mario Usmash
Toon Link Usmash
Ike Usmash
Ice Climber Usmash
Bowser Usmash
Luigi FJP
Bowser Uair
Zelda Uair
Link Utilt
Olimar Usmash
Peach Usmash

In no particular order.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Bowser Bomb and Ivysaur Upsmash.
Totally forgot.

Hiiiiiii

Smash Cadet
Ivysaur has earliest killing up smash, Luigi up B, all I can think of that kill really early.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
Ike's eruption kills as low as 8% in the middle of FD almost fully charged on Ivysaur (10-20s on others), DK's 9punch kills in the 30s-40s, and Luigi's upb kills in the 50s-60s. At about this time, Ivysaur's usmash also kills.
Afterwards you have things like Lucas and G&W usmash, which kill in the 70s-80s, G&W dsmash which as about the same amount of knockback, along with Luigi's fsmash tilted up. In the same range is also the Bowser bomb and Jigglypuff's rest. Right behind these, you also have insanely powerful uairs like Zelda's and Bowser's which will kill below 100%, Fox's, Peach's, Squirtle's, and Olimar's usmash which have about the same knockback, and DK's dsmash (usmash won't hit short, grounded opponents). In this category there would also be Snake's downb and fair, Link's ending blow (Dair), Ganondorf's lightning stomp (Dair), and Olimar's purple uthrow.
After this you get into the range around 100, where moves such as Zelda's utilt, Bowser's utilt Snake's utilt, Ike's usmash, Dedede's utilt, Ganondorf's dash attack, Luigi's nair, Snake's uair, and many others all kill.
He asked for the top 20:
1. Ike's Eruption
2. DK's 9punch
3. Luigi's fire jump punch
4. Ivy's usmash
5. Lucas usmash
6. G&W dsmash
7. G&W usmash
8. Luigi fsmash tilted up
9. Jigglypuff's Rest
10. Bowser Bomb
11. Zelda uair
12. Bowser uair
13. Link dair
14. Ganondorf dair
15. Peach usmash
16. Fox usmash
17. Squirtle usmash
18. Olimar usmash
19. Snake downb
20. Olimar purple uthrow?

I'm not sure about the order on these, but these moves are all among the top and should give you a general idea on vertical killers.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
He asked for the top 20:
1. Ike's Eruption
2. DK's 9punch
3. Luigi's fire jump punch
4. Ivy's usmash
5. Lucas usmash
6. G&W dsmash
7. G&W usmash
8. Luigi fsmash tilted up
9. Jigglypuff's Rest
10. Bowser Bomb
11. Zelda uair
12. Bowser uair
13. Link dair
14. Ganondorf dair
15. Peach usmash
16. Fox usmash
17. Squirtle usmash
18. Olimar usmash
19. Snake downb
20. Olimar purple uthrow?

I'm not sure about the order on these, but these moves are all among the top and should give you a general idea on vertical killers.
I'm fairly sure Ike's Uair and Utilt beat out a bunch of those attacks. His Utilt KOs 1% later then an uncharged Usmash, and his Uair is one of the strongest in the game.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hmm... isn't there a thread about this in tactical board? You really ought to look. If I had to guess off the top of my head though:

1. Ganondorf's dair (on the ground at about 80% for most of the cast)
2. Zelda's uair
3. King Dedede's utilt
4. Lucas's usmash
5. Ivysaur's usmash
6. Link's dair
7. Ike's uair
8. Olimar's u/dthrow (Purple pikmin, I think both throws have the same knockback but don't quote me on that.)
9. Olimar's usmash (Purple pikmin)
10. Snake's utilt
11. Snake's C4
12. Wario's fully charged waft (done underneath your opponent)
13. Fox's usmash
14. Ike's eruption
15. DK's upsmash
16. Ike's usmash
17. Wario's usmash
18. Bowser's Bowser Bomb
19. Bowser's uair
20. Luigi's Fire Punch

shebo

Smash Rookie
ike'eruption, GW's 9 hammer, DK usmash, bowser's Usmash, Luigi's Upb, Ike's Usmash, Jiglypuf's rest, fox's Usmash, and zelda Usmash

Good list XDDD

TP

Smash Master
Just so you guys know, Ganon's Usmash has a sweetspot at the tip of hit boot. It kills about 20% earlier there than what you guys are probably used to, easily putting it into this list. Non-sweetspotted Utilt also has vertical knockback, instead of sweetspotted which is horizontal.

Top Bottom