• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are you watching?

UpsettedFizz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Defender5X
Whether it be anime, a Netflix series, or just a show you watch on live TV sometimes, what are you watching? Or is there something AMAZING you've watched in the past? Let us know what you think/thought!

I just started a show on Netflix called "13 Reasons Why" today. So far, it's a great psychological thriller-mystery, if you're into that stuff like me.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Nowadays, I very rarely turn on television or even a movie. I'd rather pick up a good book to read.

Yeah...I'll be awaiting season 9 of American Ninja Warrior. Aside from the occasional Sanford & Son rerun, that's the only thing I think is worth watching.

UpsettedFizz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Defender5X
Nowadays, I very rarely turn on television or even a movie. I'd rather pick up a good book to read.

Yeah...I'll be awaiting season 9 of American Ninja Warrior. Aside from the occasional Sanford & Son rerun, that's the only thing I think is worth watching.
I hardly ever watch live TV either...well, I say that, but that's just because I have Netflix and other streaming services :upsidedown:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Sanford and Son reruns for me today; The Lucky Streak & Funny, You Don't Look It from season six...

UpsettedFizz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Defender5X
So I just finished 13 Reasons Why yesterday. I learned that it was a book before it was a Netflix series. And, saying as little as possible about it, if you don't have the stomach for graphic scenes depicting suicide and ****, don't watch it. And don't watch it if you don't want to feel depressed, either. Good thriller/psychological show, but there's no closure. It's a complete bummer.

Watching Rick and Morty now to cheer myself up. Looking forward to some laughs :D

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Just came back from Sanford and Son. As I await American Ninja Warrior in two months time, I have a top 10 list of episodes. I shan't go into it in details but here's a couple:
  • Season 1, Episode 1 - Crossed Swords (1972)
  • Season 5, Episode 21 - The Director (1976)

UpsettedFizz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Defender5X
Just came back from Sanford and Son. As I await American Ninja Warrior in two months time, I have a top 10 list of episodes. I shan't go into it in details but here's a couple:
  • Season 1, Episode 1 - Crossed Swords (1972)
  • Season 5, Episode 21 - The Director (1976)
I watch American Ninja Warrior from time to time. Those people are crazy and amazing.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yes, well...I tend never to turn on the tube these days, I don't care what's on. Sometimes, though, old-school shows catch my attention. So this evening, watched a little Sanford & Son as well as All in the Family, which I ain't seen in a very long time.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Rick and Morty, Thirteen Reasons Why, Death Note, and Kill La Kill.
Not all at the same time, mind you, but each at various times.

UpsettedFizz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Defender5X
Rick and Morty, Thirteen Reasons Why, Death Note, and Kill La Kill.
Not all at the same time, mind you, but each at various times.
I can't get into Rick and Morty, I don't know why. 13 Reasons Why was good but depressing, Death Note was great, and I liked Kill La Kill a lot too.

I've been watching Attack on Titan. It's a little too dramatic imo but I'm still enjoying it a lot

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I can't get into Rick and Morty, I don't know why. 13 Reasons Why was good but depressing, Death Note was great, and I liked Kill La Kill a lot too.

I've been watching Attack on Titan. It's a little too dramatic imo but I'm still enjoying it a lot
It was kinda just made to be strange, and strange enough to get you to laugh while still being able to string together some semblance of plot. Imo, it doesn't really try to appeal to anyone, it just does whatever it wants.

UpsettedFizz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Defender5X
It was kinda just made to be strange, and strange enough to get you to laugh while still being able to string together some semblance of plot. Imo, it doesn't really try to appeal to anyone, it just does whatever it wants.
I'm wildly curious about the whole McNugget sauce (or something like that) craze, saw plenty of memes about it and I just must know. Might be enticing enough for me to watch it through.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Turned on Trinity Broadcast Network this morning to Joyce Meyer Ministries. Later on this afternoon, I'm-a be seeing another Sanford and Son episode that makes my top 10 favorites, the one where Fred won the numbers lottery and his wealth was short-lived.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
  • Enjoying Everyday Life w/Joyce Meyer
  • Sanford & Son - the one where Mr. Miyagi and Fred try to open a Japanese restaurant

UpsettedFizz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Defender5X
I just finished Attack on Titan. Can't wait until the dub of season 2 comes out. Might also read the manga because I heard that season 2 is going to completely deviate from the original story.

Picked up from where I left off in Neon Genesis Evangelion: episode 8. They finally introduced Asuka in this episode. She adds an interesting dynamic that I think will help me to watch the series all the way through.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Tonight was my first time watching Dragon Ball Super. Ain't stayed on top of Dragon Ball Z series for a long time...

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
How was it?
It felt good to watch Dragon Ball Z again. What I watched was the episode Valiant Mr. Satan, Work a Miracle! A Challenge From Outer Space! The most amusing thing I could find is that those aliens were scared of Mr. Satan's dog and ran. Yep, this show feels different from the past anime where I have always liked the Saiyan and Frieza sagas of the story.

UpsettedFizz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Defender5X
It felt good to watch Dragon Ball Z again. What I watched was the episode Valiant Mr. Satan, Work a Miracle! A Challenge From Outer Space! The most amusing thing I could find is that those aliens were scared of Mr. Satan's dog and ran. Yep, this show feels different from the past anime where I have always liked the Saiyan and Frieza sagas of the story.
I've never gotten around to watching any DBZ. I'm just a bit too young to be in the generation that watched it growing up, plus I feel like if I tried to binge it I would get bored of the "unattainable power level" theme pretty quickly. Not trying to bash the show or anything though, some of the fight scenes look incredible.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Started my morning with Enjoying Everyday Life w/Joyce Meyer. *sigh* I know I said I'd never watch TV again but somehow the TBN channel is probably the only channel I'll be tuning into from this point on...

If this counts for anything, also watched a few tournament match vids on SmashVods with my girls :rosalina: and :4lucina: kicking ass...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't watch anime anymore (unless it's Yu-Gi-Oh!) so nowadays, I only watch crime TV shows like Criminal Minds and comedy sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory. I don't watch anything on cable anymore.

As far as what I'm watching now, Inside Edition.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...I tend to watch almost no TV at all these days. If I am feeling good, I'll turn it on to Trinity Broadcast Network. Aside from that, I caught up with some Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters before I totally forget about this series altogether. I watched the three-part duel from season four where it was Rafael vs. Yami-Yugi in a barren desert. That is one of the best duels I have seen. Mind y'all, I watched it online...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I already finished watching Yu-Gi-Oh! online from the beginning to the end not too long ago. Season four is perhaps the best one in the series, in my opinion. I plan to watch it once every year. That way, I'll never forget it.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Catching up on more Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters. This time, I watched the duel where Yugi takes on Noah after Kaiba and Mokuba were turned to stone. I actually watched the Japanese version, not the dubbed English version I've grown up with. I've had a very long-standing interest in learning the Japanese language anyway.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I've been watching MLP again since season 7 started back up.. I need to catch up with RWBY again but laziness is taking up too much time.. Maybe next month when my data returns for my phone.. Don't feel like watching it when it's being throttled..

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Catching up on more Yu-Gi-Oh episodes I forgot about over the years. I watched the four-part episode finale with the hype Yugi vs. Yami-Yugi duel.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just catching up on the season finale episodes of NCIS and its spin-off NCIS: New Orleans because I missed out on those Tuesday because of work.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...more Yu-Gi-Oh action for me. Watched the four-part duel where Yugi and Kaiba team up in a doubles duel against Rare Hunters. Let me be honest with y'all, the episodes with Yugi in a duel are the ones worth seeing.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That's pretty obvious mainly because he's the main character in the series. The only duels featuring Yugi that's worth watching, in my opinion, is the one with Joey at the Duelist Kingdom finals, the tag team duel with Kaiba on top of a building, both of his duels with Rafael in season four and, most of all, the epic duel between him and Kaiba at the Battle City semifinals. The rest are good too, but none of them can top the ones I've mentioned.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Watched lots more Yu-Gi-Oh all night long with a little GX and Zexal thrown in for good measure. I've even watched some episodes in the original Japanese format such as the GX episode where Jaden and Yugi were in an explosive, evenly-matched duel. Then before I am to turn in before sunrise I saw Enjoying Everyday Life w/Joyce Meyer on TBN.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
More Yu-Gi-Oh action, surprise, surprise. But this time I was watching GX episodes only including the doubles duel where Jaden and Syrus take on the Paradox Brothers.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Awaiting Stranger Things Season 2 with trembling hands. First season was incredible. Season Two Trailer comes out July 22nd.
MARK IT ON UR CALENDARS PEEPL

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...just saw a 70s sitcom I have never watched before called What's Happening!! I saw the two-part episode featuring the Doobie Brothers.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Quite...it was Enjoying Everyday Life w/Joyce Meyer before I turn in for the morning. Before that, saw a few tournament match vods of my girls :rosalina: and :4lucina: and :peachmelee: kicking some...well, you know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom