• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What aspect of the game are you most excited about?

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Characters?
Stages?
The artwork?
The 3DS version?
The new gameplay style?
Air clashes?
Mega Man?
Mega Man's death animation?
The blast colours?
Online?
Release Date?
Etc.

I for one am most excited to play as Villager vs Wii Fit Trainer on the new Pikmin stage.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The characters.

We got Villager and Mega Man, who are both awesome, but WFT was a disappointment to me.

I'm still excited for other newcomers.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
The characters.

We got Villager and Mega Man, who are both awesome, but WFT was a disappointment to me.

I'm still excited for other newcomers.
Wii Fit Trainer looks like so much fun though.

And they needed to top Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. in the WTF department and Wii Fit Trainer definitely did that.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Definitely the characters. Seeing your favorite characters get in as Newcomers is such a great feeling. Seeing veterans with new moves is equally as awesome.

Also, I'm ACTUALLY excited to play as Wii Fit Trainer.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Supposed gameplay/balance between Melee and Brawl, I enjoy both games almost equally (prefer Brawl a tad more) and am interested to see what Sakurai will do to get a balance in between the 2 games.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
The characters. The fact that so little has been revealed so far keeps me very excited and curious.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Hitstun. Pulling off sweet combos like DK's uair>uair>fair again would be justice.

Assuming they add hitstun. If they don't, then playing Megaman is my #1.

And all of this is improved by a factor of 101x by HD.

Morbi

Scavenger
The aspect of the game I am most excited for... would have to be... the release date. I just want to know when we can get this game. Of course, I don't want a premature date followed by multiple delays. That would be unfortunate.

salaboB

Smash Champion
Wii Fit Trainer looks like so much fun though.

And they needed to top Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. in the WTF department and Wii Fit Trainer definitely did that.
I think you meant the WFT department :D

I'm hopeful about the game's online play, because I'd really like to have that be an option I could take seriously.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Characters?
Stages?
The artwork?
The 3DS version?
The new gameplay style?
Air clashes?
Mega Man?
Mega Man's death animation?
The blast colours?
Etc.

I for one am most excited to play as Villager vs Wii Fit Trainer on the new Pikmin stage.
Online. Add it to the list and add a poll imo.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
The characters.
I want to see how previous characters have changed and who the new characters are going to be.Out of all the newcomers shown so far Wii fit trainer looks like the most fun to play as.I am going to freak out if she is top tier.

Renji64

Smash Lord
I'm pretty hyped about villager he looks like he can be a awesome character and i'm a huge animal crossing fan also somewhat looking forward to how the gameplay is gonna turn out keeping expectations low. I want to see how the menus are gonna look oh the mystery.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Just the fact the Smash series is going to continue is the most exciting aspect to me. With the evolution of Project Sora and Nintendo's relatively slow and lacking first party scene in the past three years, I was afraid it was going to become a situation much like with Chrono Trigger/Cross: Developers taking on different extended projects and a new game being overshadowed by other franchises for greenlighting.

With that in mind, the next most exciting aspect is that the next game itself is likely to be developed further after release, possibly getting DLC treatment in New Super Mario Bros. fashion!

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Well, since I am planning on getting both copies, all I can say is that I am excited about what they both have to offer. I don't mind about the characters, stages, multiplayer modes, single player modes, online mode, the list goes on. I know those will be great. I am just saying I am excited about what it might be and what they have to offer is all.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Taking a full week off work to really get to grips with it. Did the same for Brawl, and that was quite a week.

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping for a good online mode and maybe an advanced stage creator. The one in brawl was just miserable as well as the wifi mode. Also I want to play as WFT, looks like a fast character and I like it, just like Shiek. :)

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Like with any other Smash, I have to say I'm looking forward to the characters.

That being said, I typically settle down between three-to-five "mains." In that respect, the characters are a treat to uncover, but fade after all are unlocked. A new aspect of the game I'm looking forward to is the social aspects the Wii U can bring. Already, I've felt such a connection to Wii U titles with the inclusion of Miiverse, as we're able to immediately share similar experiences.

I'm eager to post pictures (or possibly even videos) and to view others.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
well from that little battle that was posted a bit earlier, the new damage numbers looked good to me. I was pretty disappointed to see mario play the exact same as he did in brawl. So, with that being said, im most excited for old characters getting new moves. #bowser

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
im excited for the characters.
kirby looks rather unchanged so that is slightly disappointing
but on the other hand theres the villager who i am totally second maining.

i dont care about stages since most of them ill fight only once then hate because of obstacles/hazards or other things that make stages boring. i like simple like battlefield, fd, and smashville.

i hope online is way better, and i am curious about how the wii u gamepad will function during battle.

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
I'm excited for all the spoiled competitive***s to get butthurt as ****, and whine about the most trivial things. God, I can't wait.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Im excited about the characters of course. Its pretty exhilarating to see if the chraracters you want, or dont want, make it into the game.
Im also excited about how they will balance the game. To me Brawl sucked because the Overuse of MK and ICs to win tournaments, and the constant camping that was required to win... rather than the random tripping and floaty playstyle that most people disliked; so good balance to make every character possibly viable is pretty hype.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
I'm excited for all the spoiled competitivefаgs to get butthurt as ****, and whine about the most trivial things. God, I can't wait.
It's not going to be as big of a reaction that brawl had. Most melee players are going in expecting smash 4 not to be the sequel they've been waiting for.

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty much excited for 2 things, the characters and the artwork. I always get giddy whenever a new character is introduced to the site. Newcomers always make me excited because... well, they're new. I can't wait to try them out, especially the Wii Fit Trainer.

The artworks are another thing I really like. They're much more brighter than Brawl's that's for sure. I also like looking at the new poses and see how much that character changed from the last game. :bee:

Varg Foad

Smash Cadet
Characters and gameplay. I hope they'll get rid of that trippin and infinite airdodges. Also, a bit of dashdance would be nice.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
For the time being... Mega Man is what has me the most excited.
And the Punch Out stage, if I can call it that, which leads me to believe there'll be a playable Little Mac.
Two mains right there, for me. :)

Then the fact that the game is being balanced by Namco.

Then the fact that this will reset the competitive SSB scene into SSB4, so we will finally see some fresh new faces. I just loved Brawl in its early days because anything could happen with any character.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Duh! The characters! I can't wait to see the next newcomers. Better yet, I can't wait to see returning characters in the HD graphics.

Top Bottom