• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What buffs do you think would make Melee's lower tiers viable?

Joe_Sumo

Smash Apprentice
i know!!!! seriously though hed be like a space animal with a sword being a semi fast faller and all. i dont think fox is quite broke enough =p i need a new sig...

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
i know!!!! seriously though hed be like a space animal with a sword being a semi fast faller and all. i dont think fox is quite broke enough =p i need a new sig...
Haha.
IMO no one in Melee is broken.
I mean, the current best Jiggz (Mang0) beat the best Fox (M2K) at Pound, right?
Jiggz isn't even top.

Eh, it's all just tier mumbo-jumbo I guess.

Edit: M2K didn't play Fox the whole set though.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Even without the CG, Sheik is really good at ****** the cast. Besides the spacies she had no real bad match-ups. She's like MK in Brawl (easy to pick up, yet dominstes) except she actually has some disadvantageous match-ups.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Even without the CG, Sheik is really good at ****** the cast. Besides the spacies she had no real bad match-ups. She's like MK in Brawl (easy to pick up, yet dominstes) except she actually has some disadvantageous match-ups.
Eh, I partially agree.
It would be easier to agree if more people played her, but I honestly don't see many Sheiks at all.

Probably cause I'm just thinking of how many Marth/Falcos there are.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Fixed.
BTW, a lot of people play Sheik, just no one has really one with her lately.
Thanks for the fix.^^

Yeah, I mean a lot of people play her, but I don't see many heavy Sheik mains, and as you said, Sheiks winning.

Redfire505

Smash Rookie
I play as every char. exept Game&W. and i think any char. can beat anyother but its harder for the lower tier since its harder to do sertan things like comboing with Bowser and link is much harder thatn with Marth(overused) and sheik

Plus sheik auto combos ***** is uber i wish zelda was that good when shes well zelda as well as when shes sheik

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
Give all lower tiers the ability to auto sweet spot like brawl. Seriously. The top characters in the game have a much easier time grabbing the edge than everyone else, with a few exceptions like Falcon.

Also, let Yoshi jump out of his shield! I don't even play as him. It's just too unfair. They let him jump out in 64.

As for most low tier characters, it just be a manner of giving better priority, animation speed, end lag, knock back, hit and sheild stun.

I can't think of any move that needs to be totally revamped.

Edit:

Actually, Ganon and Falcon punch should be drastically changed. If you speed them up too much they're too powerful. But if you speed them up and and make them much weaker to balance, then you're just stuck with another smash attack. Which doesn't add anything new and doesn't help. I have ideas on how to improve the charge moves, but they feel kind of silly.

N64

Smash Champion
Pika:

Extend fair's hitbox slightly in front of pikachu.
Tack on an extra 1% damage to his uair. Don't change knockback.
Slightly better shield.
Land-cancelled jolt would be nice.
And get rid of pika's ridiculous hitbox at each end of his upB. It doesn't matter in most matches, but occasionally it can be dumb. i.e. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDEna6xJucI at 2:00.

That's all I can think of at the moment. To make him top/high you'll have to make him heavier or make some serious changes, but this is enough to at least give him some better matchups in general.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You know, Roy would actually be pretty good if his moves (except D-tilt, grabs, and his specials) were just Marth's moves with switched sweetspots (F-smash might be somewhat broken though with those properties so maybe keep Roy's original knockback) and fire thrown in randomly (U-smash).

Fastfaller Marth with switched hitboxes would be very stupidly funny to play. And probably very gay. But still very, very fun.

Neverender

Smash Journeyman
Make boozer faster.
Make pichu have more weight and more damage.
Make DK's shield bigger.
Make Luigi's Up B not suck for recovering.
Make Mario have killing moves besides f-smash(i mean for KILLING not for gimping)
Make M2 have more weight.

Neverender

Smash Journeyman
Pika:

Extend fair's hitbox slightly in front of pikachu.
Tack on an extra 1% damage to his uair. Don't change knockback.
Slightly better shield.
Land-cancelled jolt would be nice.
And get rid of pika's ridiculous hitbox at each end of his upB. It doesn't matter in most matches, but occasionally it can be dumb. i.e. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDEna6xJucI at 2:00.

That's all I can think of at the moment. To make him top/high you'll have to make him heavier or make some serious changes, but this is enough to at least give him some better matchups in general.

Hahaha, man that's funny at 2:00 but that's intensively lame.

TheLake

Smash Master
Make every low tiers grab come out faster. Like have good grabs in general.

That would make a HUGE step for every low tiers game

Oh and make them like faster and constantly shooting lazers out of their eyes (Falcos lazers of course) and that should even the odds.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ness needs a ground game that isn't just is f-smash. He needs something that is cc'able

Top Bottom