• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What changes to Sheik do YOU want?

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Now, I'm not asking what you think will be changed, I'm asking what changes you want. Being a Sheik secondary in Melee, I have a couple suggestions:
1. Make the chain useful. Give it more stun if it hits a non-grounded opponent. Its only use in Melee was edgeguarding spacies, and needles were better for that. Also, it would ROCK as a tether recovery, if they lengthened it a little. It could make jumping out with a fair/bair then edgehogging a lot easier, it was tough to sweetspot the ledge sometimes with Vanish.
2. Nerf the needles. Give them maybe half the hitstun of Melee. Sheik shouldn't be able to get gimp kills that easily (i.e. without jumping off the stage).
3. Get rid of the chain throw, or at least make it tougher to time. Sheik has enough combos, we don't need to make n00bs able to pull off one of the most powerful ones.
4. Make the dair a meteor smash.
5. More landing lag after the aerials if not l-cancelled.
6. Give the fair a shorter hit window (less frames the hitbox is out). It was overpowered.
Basically, the idea is to make Sheik a little less n00b friendly.
Cosmetic changes:
1. Breast physics. Yeah, you heard me.
2. Instead of whole body flashing when the needles are charged, have a glint flash every couple seconds on her wrist.
3. Make the transform to/from Zelda look more twilight-y.
4. Have a pure black costume, with the Dark Zelda white hair.
5. Make the needles more visible. It seems like this has already been done.

Add your own!

EDIT: I found this in the Sheik recolor thread. See #4 in Cosmetic. This it it:

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
what changes do i want? come on, sheik was so weak...she needs way more smashes */sarcasm

but seriously, chain can be good if used right, but remove the chain throw. other than that, i think she's fine as she is. Seems most other chars are getting buffs so she should balance.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well a better forward smash would be nice because as of right now I just use to to push people off platforms so I can get the second hit on them.

Maybe they could have it so Sheik uses the weapon on her back for a quick double slice while cutting the range of the move down drastically.

afterlife

Smash Rookie
QUOTE: 1. Make the chain useful. Give it more stun if it hits a non-grounded opponent. Its only use in Melee was edgeguarding spacies, and needles were better for that. Also, it would ROCK as a tether recovery, if they lengthened it a little. It could make jumping out with a fair/bair then edgehogging a lot easier, it was tough to sweetspot the ledge sometimes with Vanish. END QUOTE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the chain should be more versatile. Like she could move around with it out or something.

The tether recovery would be GREAT!

Oh and grabs....

she should be able to grab with the chain...

I love sheik but they need to nerf her a little bit. Not alot but just a bit.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
1. A different Final Smash that expands on the Sheikah lore
2. Use of knife in her A moves
3. cool taunts!
4. Better use of the Chain. more mobile. and flow-y

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
her down air to be a metior smash, cool taunts, her chain as a tether recovery, and yup that's pretty much it.

Mohrisbeter

Smash Rookie
I'm a sheik main but would not at all be disapointed if sheik got a bit nerfed (esp her punch) and zelda got some buffs. Zelda/sheik was meant to be played utilizing both: sheik for her speed and combo ability, zelda for KO ability. The only problem was that sheik's punch had plenty of KO ability and zelda didn't really much more.

So in brawl, I think it would be kind of cool if they made us sheik players actually utilize both zelda and sheik.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
I'm a sheik main but would not at all be disapointed if sheik got a bit nerfed (esp her punch) and zelda got some buffs. Zelda/sheik was meant to be played utilizing both: sheik for her speed and combo ability, zelda for KO ability. The only problem was that sheik's punch had plenty of KO ability and zelda didn't really much more.

So in brawl, I think it would be kind of cool if they made us sheik players actually utilize both zelda and sheik.
exactly! plus some boobage...

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
Make the chain more useful... for me, it was good in Melee, but only worked sometimes... make it TOTALLY useful. xD

Animal control

Smash Ace
perfect thread, changes, ok sheik should be made hard to play with, that a third grader doesn't master her in a day LOL.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
heres my list of things

1: her f smash should be more like links when you can delay the two kicks or not even do the 2nd hit

2: down smash should not be so powerful the you can own space animals or any FF with it so tone it down a bit

3: nerf all her air game f air and b air especially, in fact any smash atk should not KO until very high percents ( 180- 200 at least)

4: her chain should now be a tether recovery, as well as act like a stun move.

5: no chain grabs that made everyone hate sheik.....

6: fast transformation for damage with sheik to zelda to KO combos

7: over all sheik should be more damage less KO ability basically she can combo but its extremely rare to KO with sheik

well thats my two cent hope you like my idea's

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
I'd like it if they made the chain more useful as well, tether recovery was a good idea.

and I'd like an alternate way of changing from Zelda to Sheik, and vice versa since i'd like to see sheik have a down b

maybe the down b could be a counter? Or something to do with her harp from ocarina?

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Now, I'm not asking what you think will be changed, I'm asking what changes you want. Being a Sheik secondary in Melee, I have a couple suggestions:
1. Make the chain useful. Give it more stun if it hits a non-grounded opponent. Its only use in Melee was edgeguarding spacies, and needles were better for that. Also, it would ROCK as a tether recovery, if they lengthened it a little. It could make jumping out with a fair/bair then edgehogging a lot easier, it was tough to sweetspot the ledge sometimes with Vanish.
You need to learn to recover my friend. Sweetspotting the ledge is easy as hell. Sheik already has a huge amount of freedom in recovering. Personally I wanna see the beta sheik return with explosive needles and a dair that spikes. Maybe she gets so broken we can finally ban the crap out of her XD.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
You need to learn to recover my friend. Sweetspotting the ledge is easy as hell. Sheik already has a huge amount of freedom in recovering. Personally I wanna see the beta sheik return with explosive needles and a dair that spikes. Maybe she gets so broken we can finally ban the crap out of her XD.
the whole point of this is to make sheik fair and more harder to use not overpower her just to ban her that would be really lame.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Let's see how we did...

We got the tether, and apparently it knocks back now.
2. Nerf the needles. Give them maybe half the hitstun of Melee. Sheik shouldn't be able to get gimp kills that easily (i.e. without jumping off the stage).
I don't think we have confirmation either way on this yet.
3. Get rid of the chain throw, or at least make it tougher to time. Sheik has enough combos, we don't need to make n00bs able to pull off one of the most powerful ones.
Done.
4. Make the dair a meteor smash.
Still not sure.
5. More landing lag after the aerials if not l-cancelled.
Compared to the rest of the cast, done.
6. Give the fair a shorter hit window (less frames the hitbox is out). It was overpowered.
Now, it's just nerfed.
Basically, the idea is to make Sheik a little less n00b friendly.
Cosmetic changes:
1. Breast physics. Yeah, you heard me.
I wish we could have...
2. Instead of whole body flashing when the needles are charged, have a glint flash every couple seconds on her wrist.
I think it's the same as Melee.
3. Make the transform to/from Zelda look more twilight-y.
Nope.
4. Have a pure black costume, with the Dark Zelda white hair.
In, and it doesn't disappoint.
5. Make the needles more visible. It seems like this has already been done.
Yes, it has.

Top Bottom