• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character is hurt most by the lag?

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
it's odd that some Ness mains complain about missing PKT2 in lag, I don't even main Ness and I have no more trouble recovering on or offline when I do play him.

The command to stir PK thunder in your *** is the same as offline, it's just the image you see being desych'd from what you input that might be getting to you. if you know what you're doing and your plan to return to the stage, just ignore the lag and stick to what you should be able to do with your eyes closed by now as a Ness main.

I missed a few PK thunder recovery while using Ness in Brawl the first times, and this was offline, but after getting the hang of him I never missed PK thunder recover online due to lag, when I miss it's from normal cause like trying something exotic to catch the oponent offguard (like returning horizontaly, wich is hard for me as non-Ness mainer)

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Anybody who has trouble recovering or has a bad recovery. Ness, Lucas, Link, Ike, Zelda, etc.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree with Tiamat. Unless the lag is god-awful, you can recover with no problem.
I can actually CG with ICs this way. Just input the commands as if you were offline.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
We speed characters get owned by lag because our strategy generally relies on drawing out attacks and punishing openings (or Pikachu's does anyways), which fails hard when there's a full second of lag or more. But anyone who relies on precision projectiles like Samus or the Links would also take a major blow.
Agree'd, missile canceling with lag usually ends up in a cool looking jump and a bit of a scare for the opponent. although it just means you have to get better at timing and stuff.

Kief

Smash Ace
projectile dependents, major spacies, characters with alot of ATs, and bad recoveries

characters who fit those qualities are hurt the most by lag.

*looks at his own main*

awh...

linkmaster71

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I think Link is hurt very badly by lag. Especially when against someone such as Ike, Dedede, etc. I rely on projectiles to keep them back so I don't get murdered fast. IF there is lag and I can't get out an arrow on time or place a bomb correctly, Ike can kill me quickly.

Lag also does not help out ZSS, as aerial attacks get hard to pull off right with the lag.

Basically, anything requiring good timing gets screwed by lag.

Kief

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think Link is hurt very badly by lag. Especially when against someone such as Ike, Dedede, etc. I rely on projectiles to keep them back so I don't get murdered fast. IF there is lag and I can't get out an arrow on time or place a bomb correctly, Ike can kill me quickly.

Lag also does not help out ZSS, as aerial attacks get hard to pull off right with the lag.

Basically, anything requiring good timing gets screwed by lag.
yep. thats why i cant quickdraw online at all :urg:

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
K...Everyone who said Ness and Lucas.... No. You don't need visual input to use PKT2. Plus, have you tried actually HITTING someone with it offline? Trust me, it's a lot easier with lag. Furthermore, Lucas's Upsmash and Downsmash are actually usable moves with lag... I'd have to say Marth takes it the worst. It's impossible to space online, and that's a big part of his game.

Essentially, something you just time based on your own moves (DDD's infinite, for example) is not hurt by online because you should get a feel for how much lag there is at the start of the match. Anything requiring visual input (avoinding DDD's infinite, for example) is hurt online.

Anyone dependant on projectiles has a lag advantage, because trying to avoid them just plain sucks with lag.

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
Actually, CF should do pretty badly online too. Try sweetspotting the knee. o.0 U-air is great online though.

Top Bottom