• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character relies the most on combos and combos the best?

evan rules

Smash Cadet
The most on combos? Not Samus, not Link. Luigi pretty much only has Uair combos. Fox and Pikachu have amazing combo potential but they don't NEED to combo to be good so they don't really rely on it. I'd Cfalc. Without combos all he has is a good dashgrab game with a terrible knockback throw, a nice back air, and a spike

Kirby is also ****e without utilt, utilt, utilt, fair, fsmash, etc.. (If you consider that a combo)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
relies most on combos: Falcon, Ness, Fox, Jigglypuff
combos the best: Falcon/Fox with good hands, Jigglypuff, Pikachu

Basically anyone but Samus, Link (slightly), and DK

DK relies on Grabs, Samus plays like brawl (:D), and link relies on projectiles

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
@abit rusty:

Jiggs heavily relies on combos. Her range is awful. The only thing that gives her a chance are her combos / 0-deaths. Believe me, puff's my keyboard main, and had combos not existed... well, look at brawl puff.

ShellFall

Smash Cadet
agree with Koro.

and link only has like 3 move long combos. not including uptilt spam.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Best Combos Tierlist:

Top:
Falcon
Fox

High:
Jigglypuff
Pikachu
Yoshi

Mid:
Ness
Kirby

Low:
Link
Luigi
Mario

Bottom:
DK
Samus

That's what I would say... I'm not really sure about luigi mario and link.
Also I find Yoshi is great against heavies but a lot worse against lighter characters.

I think it's actually pretty close between falcon and fox. Falcon has easier finishers, but isn't as good against light characters.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
@abit rusty:

Jiggs heavily relies on combos. Her range is awful. The only thing that gives her a chance are her combos / 0-deaths. Believe me, puff's my keyboard main, and had combos not existed... well, look at brawl puff.
Hm well I know of drill to rest and some utilt juggling, but is there anything aside from that?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Nixxxon the question was "which char needs combos most" not "which char nixxxon thinks looks best while doing combos"

i dont know how you would get that confused but :|

Top:
Falcon
Pikachu

High:
Fox
Jigglypuff
Kirby

Mid:
Yoshi
Ness

Low:
Mario
Link
Luigi

Bottom:
DK
Samus

theres my opinion

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I replied to ballin4life's post, which it seemed to be the characters in order of more combo-ish to less combo-ish. But yeah i hate jiggly, campy bubble gum and all her combos starting with the fthrow...

Adi

Smash Lord
Falcon Fox and Pika are definetely at the top of the list for the best combos. As far as relying on combos? Erm well every character needs to combo, I'm not sure if anyone specifically relies more on combos than others because at high-end play if you can't combo with your character you're kinda screwed.

Mikhas

Smash Apprentice
Falcon Fox and Pika are definetely at the top of the list for the best combos. As far as relying on combos? Erm well every character needs to combo, I'm not sure if anyone specifically relies more on combos than others because at high-end play if you can't combo with your character you're kinda screwed.
Which is why Samus is totally and completely incapable of winning matches.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
In my opinion, the most reliant on combos would probably have to be Jigglypuff. If puff had no combos, she's a light floaty character with no range, and most of her kill moves will miss 99% if not comboed into.

Least reliant on combos... depends on what you mean. If it was a "no combos allowed match" (minus drills, jabs, etc.), the answer would be completely different than "who combos the least". The first, I would say Falcon or Kirby would probably win... Falcon due to his speed and range, and lack of laggy move, and his attacks send opponents far, while Kirby because of ultimate noob strategy (forward smash / dash attack / down-air edgeguard only, and maybe stone). The second, no question, Samus.

Did this post make any sense? :p

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
In my opinion, the most reliant on combos would probably have to be Jigglypuff. If puff had no combos, she's a light floaty character with no range, and most of her kill moves will miss 99% if not comboed into.

Least reliant on combos... depends on what you mean. If it was a "no combos allowed match" (minus drills, jabs, etc.), the answer would be completely different than "who combos the least". The first, I would say Falcon or Kirby would probably win... Falcon due to his speed and range, and lack of laggy move, and his attacks send opponents far, while Kirby because of ultimate noob strategy (forward smash / dash attack / down-air edgeguard only, and maybe stone). The second, no question, Samus.

Did this post make any sense? :p
I understand exactly what you meant, what about ness though for the most reliant?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
why the hell people insist on saying Samus can't combo??
She HAS combos... most of them are 2 hit combos but still, they are combos that can kill.

P D

Smash Ace
relies most on combos: Falcon, Ness, Fox, Jigglypuff
combos the best: Falcon/Fox with good hands, Jigglypuff, Pikachu

Basically anyone but Samus, Link (slightly), and DK

DK relies on Grabs, Samus plays like brawl (:D), and link relies on projectiles
dk is a combo beast

Superstar

Smash Champion
yeah, you're saying Brawl has combos D:

the cake is a lie!
You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

I'd put Ness high up in combos the best. Probably better or close to Pikachu, Pikachu just approaches better so he can get his combos whenever he FEELS like it. But then there are those uair juggle chains...how situational are they?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Pikachu will own Ness in a combo contest....

Pikachu can combo every char, on every stage, at any % below 150 :o (at that % you die from Utilt -->Bair or anything really)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

I'd put Ness high up in combos the best. Probably better or close to Pikachu, Pikachu just approaches better so he can get his combos whenever he FEELS like it. But then there are those uair juggle chains...how situational are they?
A lot of Ness combos lack good finishers. I mean, you either spike and KO or send the opponent off without killing him. There is the down air + up air combo that actually kills but you can't use it from zero to death
Also, Ness sucks off the edge
Pikachu owns him for sure

Superstar

Smash Champion
I know Pika owns Ness. Was talking JUST combos, not all the other stuff that Pikachu has WAY WAY WAY better.

Although, being able to combo every character is good. Ness just does mid->fastfallers. And I forgot about finishers.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I know Pika owns Ness. Was talking JUST combos, not all the other stuff that Pikachu has WAY WAY WAY better.

Although, being able to combo every character is good. Ness just does mid->fastfallers. And I forgot about finishers.
I didnt explain myself quite well. I meant, pikachu is able to do that crazy uair combo off the edge, and being able to recovery, and i meant pika owns ness at comboing to death

Top Bottom