• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character(s) do you struggle beating the most?

Godofgreen

Smash Rookie
a good:4bowserjr: Gives me a lot of trouble. I don't really see any weaknesses with that guy. I used to think little mac was overpowered until I threw one off the stage. The game is extremely balanced but it feels like bowser jr. is just all around amazing.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
CPU: Link, Sheik, Pikachu, Lucario, C. Falcon and Mii Sword fighter.
Online: Robin, Shulk, Bowser, Lucario, DHD.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
DHD's edgeguarding makes me cry. Other than him, though, I haven't had any particular trouble with an individual character.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
You guys are actually having trouble with Lucario? I haven't faced a single one in my 300+ games that wasn't atrocious at the game. They just spam counter and smashes, what's so hard about that? His recovery is incredibly easy to gimp too.

Silverlock

Smash Rookie
NNID
NinF0X
3DS FC
0645-5827-5788
As Lucina: :4zss: :4greninja: :4duckhunt: :4sonic:

All of these have been very difficult matchups for me, especially Greninja. I just can't seem to ever beat Greninja... mainly because I know next to nothing about how he plays and how to approach him. DHD and Sonic are annoying and spammy but given time I can figure them out. Lucina seems useless against a properly played ZSS, but I've beaten some less-than-perfect ZSS users by playing more defensively.

I don't have many problems with :4bowser: :4tlink: :4link: :4littlemac: though. They tend to be predictable, barring the occasional person who really does know how to use Little Mac.

Last edited:

KAOSN00B

Smash Cadet
I seriously need to learn how to fight against rob the robot. Like seriously I played this one guy and he just kept 2 stocking me. I felt like a new player...

Ignoth

Smash Cadet
:4littlemac: I initially had no problem dealing with these guys, but I swear they're getting better and better by the day. Ugh :(

:4bowserjr:His hitboxes are just so weird. I have no intuition on how to dodge this guy's attacks.

:4yoshi: An aggressive Yoshi is just a huge pain. I have yet to see a "bad" Yoshi player.

:rosalina: Good Rosalina players always manage to catch me with dem long range jabs.

I surprisingly haven't had much issue with :4link::4tlink::4robinm::4zss:. Though that's probably because most of the ones I've faced so far have been pretty predictable.

Last edited:

Carluben

Smash Rookie
:4marth::4greninja: Both give me so much trouble no matter what I do. It's mostly due to me never being able to read when they'll do what, and I can't ever maneuver around :4greninja:'s air game. Maybe if I were good at Smash.

Carluben

Smash Rookie
I seriously need to learn how to fight against rob the robot. Like seriously I played this one guy and he just kept 2 stocking me. I felt like a new player...
From what I can tell, being able to spot dodge effectively is the best way to work around ROB.

KAOSN00B

Smash Cadet
From what I can tell, being able to spot dodge effectively is the best way to work around ROB.
His side b has so much coverage and last so long whe I do that. Idk im having a hard time in general but not as much as rob gives me lol

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
:4mario::4fox: are the bane of my existence so far.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
:4littlemac:, but only with characters I'm unfamiliar or haven't figured out their play style yet. So, if I'm :4villager:, :4jigglypuff:, :rosalina:, :4duckhunt:, or:4falco: then I will probably die a horrible, horrible death. With :4ganondorf:, :4lucina:, :4tlink:, or :4sonic: then I'm fine since I'm comfortable with them and Ganondorf's a freaking wall.

Anyway, even though I know :4myfriends:'s play style since I used him a lot back then, I find myself falling for the tricks and tactics I used... So much shame...

:4link:, but it's probably because I remember him being mediocre at best in the past games. So, I don't expect much from him before getting Jump Attacked or spiked to death.

:4duckhunt: also throws me off since there's not that many characters who have a similar style to him so I can't use much to counter them, but I don't encounter them often.

:4greninja: and:4pikachu:. Freaking, speedy, little, glass cannons.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
Marth, Lucina, Shulk. Those swords outrange my fists. I have yet to fight Ike but good thing he is slower than the 3

Last edited:

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
Mainly very good Little Macs. I mean the ones that actually don't just whiff and actually do know how to turtle very well. I'm like screw my life.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
For me, it's Greninja and Rosalina.
Greninja I feel is a character who can easily avoid Sheik's forced needle approach options in general, and I can't ever seem to get a good edgeguard on him.
Rosalina has me on edge every time, mostly because it takes till like 170% to kill her safely, while her stupid, disjointed hitboxes and Luma in general can kill me off the top at like 60%. Granted, she's absolutely helpless when I force her approach after getting rid of Luma and keeping her in the air, but that whole "my hitboxes are huge and they can kill you in like 4-5 hits" puts me on edge every time. ZSS is tricky, but again, I let her approach, I gots the needles after all. :)
Everyone else I usually just sandbag with Wii Fit Trainer, as it seems likes no one knows what to do against her, and considering her bad hitboxes, I'm surprised they don't just rush in on me and have a hayday. lol

stoik

Smash Rookie
I haven't played online yet since I want to practice with a few mains before I jump into the fire, but as far as CPUs go :4littlemac::4palutena::4pit: are the most annoying to play by far. CPU dodging and shielding in general is out of control but these guys take frustration to a whole new level.

:4littlemac: is nearly unbeatable on the ground, and since I keep randomizing omega stages I never have platforms to use to my advantage. Counters half of anything you try to throw at him. Pretty gimp-killable though.

:4palutena: just has the most rattling dodge in the game and she disappears off the screen for half of the game since the CPUs dodge so often. Super annoying to try to keep track of even though she isn't a particularly deadly character.

:4pit: just spams smashes all game and recovers from insane distances.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
:4lucina: : Counter, Counter, Counter, Counter, Counter, Counter...
:4sheik: : I guess I can't be anyone slow because she'll devour them alive, even some faster characters as well.

I think that's about it for now.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Samuses of both flavors. I can handle :4samus: unless it's the dash attacking, charged shot spamming, rinse and repeat kind of player (Yeah that's right GM! I'm calling you out! :demon:)
:4zss: is so fast. Geez.
:4littlemac:s give me some trouble too when they lock me in the continuous jabs.

Also to the Counter Spammers, not cool bro.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
As :4pacman::

Difficult matchups

:4sonic: Sonic is too fast for Pac-Man to make much use of his projectiles unless he spends most of his time dropping hydrants while travelling from edge-to-edge of the stage. Sonic's spins out prioritise nearly all of Pac's moves.

:rosalina: All of Pac-man's projectiles are useless due to Rosaluma's down-b, including the Fire Hydrant, and Rosa can even capture Pac's fruit to throw herself. Although a hydrant can be placed to keep her Luma away from her, Rosa's range makes it hard for Pac to get in close.

:4yoshi: Similarily to Sonic, Yoshi's speed and priority make it hard for Pac-Man to make use of many attacks at his disposal.

Easier matchups

:4dedede:
Pacman's fruit knock King Dedede's Gordos back at him, and Dedede's slow attacks and heavy weight make him easy to combo.

:4bowser: Bowser is easy for Pacman to camp and combo due to his slow speed and heavy weight.

:4ganondorf: Like Bowser, Ganondorf can be camped and combo'd easily.

:4littlemac: Pacman's trampolines make it very easy to demolish Little Mac when he is forced to jump, and Pac's great recovery allow for easy gimps.

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
Captain Falcon is literally the only character I can't compete with (yet) online, and I main Ness and Bowser Jr.

They all just jump around the stage like ****ing idiots and dodge constantly and I can't keep track.

ImReallyFeelingIt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sailings
I'm pretty good to be honest, except for the spamming (Charizard, Pikachu, Kirby) But Lucina and Ike are giving me rough times with Pac-Man.

LazySamurai

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1091-8197-8858
:rosalina: Probably the only character that gives me a lot of trouble every single time I face her.

dragonologist

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0920-1138-8009
I main Rosalina and I faced one today I could barely even touch, she was flawless. I commend them, whoever they were. But yeah a good Rosalina is horrible.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Mostly it depends on who I'm playing as. As Greninja, I have problems against :rosalina: but if I'm Robin then nbd. Despite being better with Greninja.

I'm generally bad against :4lucina: and :4marth: though

Top Bottom