• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character would you like to see in (that should of been that wasn't) in Brawl?

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
mewtwo because hes the most awsomest pokemon in the world

and i know this guy will never be in SSBB but i wanted cloud from FF in xP

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Krystal would definately not be a fox clone, SHE HAS A STAFF.

This would make a completely different move set than Fox, his clone Falco, or Wolf.

It could even break up from the sword trend that we are starting to see.
I've actually seen an interesting moveset based on the staff that still left her as a Fox clone on the same level as Wolf/Falco :p

Anyway... Lyn was my most wanted character for Brawl, and she got in as an AT. I think it hurts me more than it helps though.

Isaac is the only other one I'd really like to see, but far, far less than Lyn. Knuckles would have been pretty cool too.

Newskool

Smash Cadet
Megaman, Issac, Lyndis, Ryu/Akuma, Krystal, Black mage from FF.

That's a short list.

Also, Marche from FFTA as an assist trophy.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Geno, who so deserved to have a spot, ANY spot in Brawl. For crying out loud, they have SMRPG: LotSS in the Chronicle list!

The worst part of Geno not being in Brawl is that all the haters keep rubbing it in the fans' faces, and they won't stop, in any topic.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
A couple of ATs would've been off as a PC, like Lyn, Issac, and Shadow.

Other ones I would've liked, Micaiah, Mia, Geno, and Ridley.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
1. Takamaru. Come on, he is a Japanese samurai. That looks awesome enough, and enough people in Japan would like him in. He'd be different than other sword users like Marth because most of his moves would be based upon moving forward and attacking (that is what many Japanese sword styles are like, they move forward to give more cutting power with the katana). He could also use fireball and lightning magic/scrolls I believe as attacks too, and mix kicks and sword hilt bashes in there so he just won't use a sword.

2. Sukapon. He'd be an excellent robot who is a long range character although Sakurai said he'd be too hard to program in because of the way he is. He'd be nice and annoying to be beat up by a bunch of floating pink balls, but if Megaman doesn't get in he'd add another non-organic robot character who is cool.

3. Paula Polestar. The ultimate WTF character. This will surely anger Claus fans but I like her over Claus because Claus is too scary and serious, and he dies at the end of MOTHER 3. Paula is a very caring and religious/spiritual person. Contrary to what most people think is not dead in MOTHER 3, she got brainwashed by the Good Person Bath by Pokey and was renamed "Nana". Ness is also the man selling hotdogs in front of the theatre in New Pork City BTW. Both her and Ness would be about 28 in MOTHER 3. Look here: http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=31152 for proof Ness/Paula is alive in MOTHER 3. I'd like her because she'd be another MOTHER character and be Ness' girlfriend. If Fox can go with Krystal, why not Ness with Paula? Besides, Claus is already an alt for Lucas. That is why I'd wish they represent MOTHER 2 because if MOTHER 2 doesn't sell well on the virtual console, Nintendo wouldn't even THINK of bringing MOTHER 3 to America. Give Ness PK Teleport and PK Rocking as his powers, and give Paula her teddy bear and her frying pan and she'd be the perfect easy to make semi-clone character for Ness.

4. Krystal. I don't add her in because I think she is "hot" but she'd make another interesting female character. She uses a staff and would be a great change from the standard laser shooting shining star fox characters. She'd use magic and be sorta fast and long range attacks like Marth, except she's a blue cat.

5. Ridley. I think many people want him in and he'd be perfect. If they can resize Bowser who is huge and resize Kirby who is literally supposed to be as small as a penny, they can resize this big flying guy to a more managable size. It's sad to see Metriod only get 1 rep, not counting ZSS.

6. Geno. I like the idea of non-living characters made of flesh and blood. He's a talking walking wooden doll, and that is cool. But even though unlikely because he's owned by Square-Enix if I could I would put Geno in. He isn't a main character and just a side character who isn't super important but he'd still make many people happy.

7. Mona. She could technically be considered Wario's "girlfriend" but since Wario isn't a pedophile, he just ignores her while she actually loves him. She'd be great using a guitar, a cheer leading baton, a bunch of pizza slices, and a mini-elephant as attacks and powers. She could also double up as both a female and a villain character because she was once being chased by the cops and used her elephant and monkey to make the cop cars crash into each other, and be Wario's perfect femme fetale partner in crime and villainry. Her side B would be similar to Pit's side B but using a cheerleading baton instead of a double sword.

8. Micaiah. A good fire emblem character, she would be quite good and a change from the blue haired swordsmen. Using light magic, I'd also think she would be able to steal people's health with a move, but would balance that out by being light so some heavy hitter would be able to KO her at the same % or lower than ZSS. I'd prefer her over Lynn because we can use a FE character who doesn't use a sword.

9. Isaac. I know he uses a sword, but he wouldn't make use of it as much as Marth or Ike would but would rely on Psyenergy. Please, don't use the annoying high pitched voice he uses as an AT. That is such a horrible voice over someone who could potentially kick butt.

10. Alexandra Roivas/Pious Augustus. I really thought about this one because most people don't like survival-horror but Alexandra Roivas or Pious look cool. She'd use perhaps a gladius and some magic, or if they use Pious, he'd be really scary looking (not like Claus, he looks cooler than Claus I mean he's got a skull for a face) and use a staff made of bone and magic. I mean come on, it's Jennifer Hale. The voice of Bastila on KOTOR, the voice of FemShep in Mass Effect? I know she looks too realistic but if you got Snake, Alexandra would be perfect in it. It's not like I'm asking for Master Chief here...

Smash Journeyman
Paper Mario, with so many party members his moveset has alot of possiblities. And a Mario and Luigi tag team from the M & L series, although it wouldn't make any sense and I think they shouldn't be in for that I think they'd have a awesome moveset. And Majora's Mask, he could use his two whips, the horns on his mask, and the ability to alter his opponents for the worse by making them smaller, floatier, heavier (depending on the character he's playing against), putting flowers on their head, making them slower etc, his projectiles could be a laser which stays out for a period of time, he could summon the masks of Goht, Gyorg, Oldowlwa, and Twinmold, and his FS would be turning into Majora's Wrath.

Ferith

Smash Cadet
From Fire Emblem-
Mia: She would've made sense, she trains with Ike and studied his fighting style, she'd have been a faster Ike
Black Knight: Even as an Ike clone he'd have been awesome and you all know it
Sothe: A rogue-like character totally would work, his fighting style would be awesome too
Hector: He's Hector. That's a reason in and of itself.
Lyn: She was in the same game as Hector.

From Metroid-
Rundas: Because Metroid absolutely needs more characters- only two and it's one of Ninty's biggest titles ever. He'd have totally worked, it'd have been more plausible than Ridley too

From Third Party Developers-
Shadow: Not as a character, but more as one of Sonic's costume changes
Megaman: X, Zero, ZX, Bass, Clasic, Axl, Legends, Ultimate, Battle Warrior, NT, I don't really care which variation

Wheelz

Smash Cadet
Ok *Crack's Knuckles*

Pacman: If anyone wants to fight this on me go ahead I have America on my side
Ratchet & Clank: I think this would be an intresting combo character (Ice Climbers)
Spyro the Dragon: Purple pikachu only more badass nuff said
Crash Bandicot: Does this one need an explanation?
Megaman: Defiente need by Popular demand
Ryu: Street Fighter kicks *** don't question me!
Leon Kennedy: Hey he is a third-party nintendo character
Alitar: Ok this one is alittle out there but hey werider stuff's happened
Master Cheif:...No comment
K.K. Slider: Ok this one would kick so much *** by defenition he should be there, I'm gonna Final Smash your head open with my guitar
Pokemon Trainer Female: Hey we had one, why not have another let's get a little varaity in this *****
Ridley: I know I know, 'It's gonna happen Wheelz, There gonna add him' Well until they do shut the **** up
Wolf Link: They took something awesome and only utilized 50% of it. (Twilight Princesses)
Paper Mario: Replacing Dr. Mario this Paper Machete guy would kick regular mario's *** around the block and back
Mario (Galaxy Version): Much to my distain I was very dissapointed when I first saw the water thing on mario's back. I mean to me Super Mario Sunshine was Super Mario ****, but Galaxy that rocked my world.
Mona: Props to Kiki52 I think this one needs adding A.S.A.P.
Shadow: In opposition to most people I believe there should not be a tails and focus on making Shadow bad-***...ok maybe Tails but I draw the god**** line a Dr. Eggman
Spiderman: 3 words. 3rd Party Character
Dante: Badass x10
Nero: Badass x100

And **** it

Spongebob SquarePants: This would be the single best character in the game, you see it turns out that the gloves belong to Spongebob (Master & Crazy Hand) and he's like a giant sponge sized character/boss that would be the sickest monster ever seen in SSB.

FTW!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
NESS!!! Oh wait...

Seriously though, I'm surprised (considering all the Ace Attorney avatars on this board) no one has mentioned Phoenix Wright! Come on, a freakin' lawyer would have been awesome.

I imagine his moveset would have included the heavy use of a briefcase, pointing in some manner (either as a simple attack or as the iconic "OBJECTION!" as a final smash), and generally being very physical, JUDICIAL SYSTEM STYLE!

TheForger

Smash Rookie
Sunnyvale, California, United States, North Americ
RE: What character would you like to see in in Brawl?

I would have liked to see Wolf Link, possibly as a transformation for regular Link, not that i don't like his specials. I also would have liked to see Shadow like the one Marie_54 said. Not a copy of Sonic but more Chaos Control based moves plus they could have taken inspiration from his game and made Chaos Blast his Final Smash. I also would have loved to see Cloud who was actually in Kingdom Hearts for the GBA so he makes sense (go spin off hand held games!). I would have preferred for Pkmn Trainer to have the new series pokemon too but everyone loves the originals :psycho: . The main guy i wanted in Brawl was Travis Touchdown. His moves would've been a little same-ish plus he would add some attitude to the game. Hes got Sonic's cocky attitude and hes a little insane. I think he would just have been fun to play as,

Sockpuppet

Smash Cadet
Bowser Jr
Ridley
Geno
Kamek
K. Rool
Dixie(most wanted)

And I also wanted Banjo-Kazooie and Juno(Jet Force Gemini), even though they didn't have a chance...
and the 3 Porygons...

Xepa

Smash Rookie
Ok *Crack's Knuckles*

Pacman: If anyone wants to fight this on me go ahead I have America on my side
Ratchet & Clank: I think this would be an intresting combo character (Ice Climbers)
Spyro the Dragon: Purple pikachu only more badass nuff said
Crash Bandicot: Does this one need an explanation?
Megaman: Defiente need by Popular demand
Ryu: Street Fighter kicks *** don't question me!
Leon Kennedy: Hey he is a third-party nintendo character
Alitar: Ok this one is alittle out there but hey werider stuff's happened
Master Cheif:...No comment
K.K. Slider: Ok this one would kick so much *** by defenition he should be there, I'm gonna Final Smash your head open with my guitar
Pokemon Trainer Female: Hey we had one, why not have another let's get a little varaity in this *****
Ridley: I know I know, 'It's gonna happen Wheelz, There gonna add him' Well until they do shut the **** up
Wolf Link: They took something awesome and only utilized 50% of it. (Twilight Princesses)
Paper Mario: Replacing Dr. Mario this Paper Machete guy would kick regular mario's *** around the block and back
Mario (Galaxy Version): Much to my distain I was very dissapointed when I first saw the water thing on mario's back. I mean to me Super Mario Sunshine was Super Mario ****, but Galaxy that rocked my world.
Mona: Props to Kiki52 I think this one needs adding A.S.A.P.
Shadow: In opposition to most people I believe there should not be a tails and focus on making Shadow bad-***...ok maybe Tails but I draw the god**** line a Dr. Eggman
Spiderman: 3 words. 3rd Party Character
Dante: Badass x10
Nero: Badass x100

And **** it

Spongebob SquarePants: This would be the single best character in the game, you see it turns out that the gloves belong to Spongebob (Master & Crazy Hand) and he's like a giant sponge sized character/boss that would be the sickest monster ever seen in SSB.

FTW!

LAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAWL

3/4 of that list composes of characters that are NOT
owned by Nintendo. You realized that was the reason
Geno wasn't in Brawl, because Nintendo and SE couldn't
negotiate a deal right?

Man i'd love to see what royalty price Nintendo would
have to play to include master chief. That would cost
more than any profit the game would make :laugh:
Not to imagine the pressure to make him a broken,
overpowered character.

Cheesedork

Smash Apprentice
I don't much feel like giving reasons, so if you're really "OMGWTFBBQ" about one of 'em, go right ahead and yell at me.

Waluigi, Daisy, Bowser Jr.
Vaati, Zant, Midna
Ridley
Ninten (what? >_>')
ROY, Lyn
King K. Rool, Dixie Kong
MEWTWO, Meowth, Eevee, Aipom, Deoxys
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Bomberman
Krystal
Black Shadow, Samurai Goro
Stafy
Lip
Isaac
Little Mac
Tails, Knuckles, Shadow
Baby Bros (Mario & Luigi)
NiGHTS (lol)

Holy geez, that would freakin' double the roster o_o'

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ridley, Geno, Claus, possibly Marx. The thing about Marx is idk who he/she/it is or what it looks like, Ive just heard good things XD

NukeA6

Smash Master
Geno
-I actually thought Geno was in the game after bumping into a thread named 'GENO SUCKS!!!' It made me think he was just some hard to use character. I didn't want him in at first but after thinking about it, I thought he'd be a great character. He could shoot out his arms, bullets, and have nice magic attacks.

Micaiah
-She would've been a great character on the side of Fire Emblem. She's much different from the previous lords since she doesn't wield a sword (or any medieval weapon). She could've been like Zelda but faster. So sad that she is reduced to being a sticker.

Lip
-Why wasn't she playable? Panel de Pon has a created a popular franchise of puzzle games that completely shadows Dr. Mario. It's nice that we see her stick, a garbage block as part of Kirby's stone transformation, and her theme in the game but she still deserves better. Lip should've been an AT or trophy at least.

Lyn
-This is Marth for the West. And no, she wouldn't be a clone of the series' first lord. Lyn fights in a samurai style when compared to Marth's European swordplay. I hate how Brawl teases you that Lyn isn't playable (just look at Marth's CONGRATULATIONS! screen in All-Star mode).

If just one of these characters were playable, the roster would feel complete for me.

Wheelz

Smash Cadet
LAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAWL

3/4 of that list composes of characters that are NOT
owned by Nintendo. You realized that was the reason
Geno wasn't in Brawl, because Nintendo and SE couldn't
negotiate a deal right?

Man i'd love to see what royalty price Nintendo would
have to play to include master chief. That would cost
more than any profit the game would make :laugh:
Not to imagine the pressure to make him a broken,
overpowered character.
Ok Master Cheif, Allitar, and Spiderman were a little out there but I'll be ****ed if they couldn't give us Spongebob or at least Pacman.

OmegaWai

Smash Rookie
Isaac, Mewtwo, Roy, King K. Rool and Knuckles INSTEAD OF SONIC.

Seriously, WTF.

Sonic may be fast and all that, but he can't fight. He's just fast.

Knuckles, on the other hand, well, he ain't called Knuckles for nothing, y'know.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
Isaac, Mewtwo, Roy, King K. Rool and Knuckles INSTEAD OF SONIC.

Seriously, WTF.

Sonic may be fast and all that, but he can't fight. He's just fast.

Knuckles, on the other hand, well, he ain't called Knuckles for nothing, y'know.
Sonic is the leading character of the series, and one of the biggest names in video gaming. They would never put in Knuckles ahead of him.

Anyway...

I was always rooting for Bomberman. He's incredibly popular and well-known, and has been around since i think 1987 (might have even been before then). There has also been several Bomberman games down the years. He would have been a very unique character with an interesting moveset. I find it hard to believe that characters like Ike, Lucas, Lucario and R.O.B, who have appeared in only 1 or 2 games each, are more deserving of a place in Brawl.

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
Felix (although Isaac would have been much more likely).
Saki, because I love his game.
Shadow - just like Sonic, but with chaos attacks as well, and would have been a good antagonist for SSE.
Deoxys - a bit weird, but could have been a Pokemon Trainer/Mewtwo hybrid using all four forms.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Midna and Bomberman would have been great, but all I got for Midna was two trophies, two stickers and a song. I'm hoping she'll be in the next one with Bomberman. If not, then what can I do? :p

RedZeshin

Smash Cadet
Chrono from Chrono Trigger. Luminaire for the win! :laugh:

And to round it off, Marina from Mischief Makers. shake shake shake LOL :chuckle:

Alex_Zander

Smash Rookie
-A couple of Final Fantasy characters couldn't hurt, even if it is Blue mage or something of the sort.
-Heihachi (Tekken series) since he is in everything XD

Also, is it so hard to add in Rosalina? She could have Luma-based attacks. Pretty sweet when you think about it.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Mushroom Kingdom:
-Toad
-Bowser Jr.
-The Koopalings
-Paper Mario
-Paper Luigi/Mr. L
-Geno
-Mallow

Legend of Zelda:
-Tetra
-Skull Kid
-Vaati
-Beast Ganon (as playable)
-Midna & Wolf Link
OR
-Mask Link/Fierce Deity Link

Pokemon:
-Blaziken
-Mewtwo
-Gengar
-Swampert

DK:
-King K. Rool
-Dixie Kong

WarioWare:
-Young Cricket
-Mona
-Ashley
-Orbulon
-Jimmy T./P.

Metroid:
-RIDLEY (obviously as playable)

Kirby (even though my top three are playable...):
-Kracko :D
-Buggzy
-Paint Roller

Star Fox:
-Slippy Toad
-Peppy Hare
-Krystal

Fire Emblem:
-Sigurd
-Micaiah
-Sothe
-Black Knight

F-Zero:
-Samurai Goroh
-Pico

MOTHER:
-Kumatora
-Paula
-Jeff
-Poo
-Duster
-Porky
-Claus

Other Franchises:
-Isaac, Jenna (Golden Sun)
-Andy (Advance Wars)
-Ray (Custom Robo)
-Pulseman
-Mike Jones (StarTropics)
-Alexandra Rovias (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
-Jill (Drill Dozer)

Third Parties:
-Megaman
-Ryu
-Sora
-Amaterasu
-Viewtiful Joe
-Phoenix Wright :D
-Pac-Man
-Bomberman
-Klonoa
-Raiden (Metal Gear :D)
-Revolver Ocelot (among my top three MGS faves)
-Meryl Silverburgh (among my top three MGS faves)
-Knuckles
-Dr. Robotnik (I refuse to call him Eggman)
-Nightmare (Soul Calibur)

I didn't expect ALL of these guys to be in Brawl, but a few of them wouldn't hurt. If I had to limit it to around 10:
-Ridley
-Bomberman
-King K. Rool
-Isaac
-Midna/Wolf Link
-Claus
-Ashley (WarioWare)
-Ray
-Geno
-Bowser Jr.
-Knuckles

Top Bottom