• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller Do You Use?

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
I have nothing against people using GameCube controllers, but I can't understand some people who are so blind that they keep saying "lol if you don't use GCC you will never be good!"..

Yes the GC controller can be the best choice if it feels awkward to play with the other ones, but I can't probably win against my brother if I'd play with a gcc instead of a Classic controller..

Oh and btw, I don't go to tournies. So I don't have to get used to certain controller just because I'd must.

Rogue Trader

Smash Rookie
I use the gamecube controller. I tried the remote and nunchuck, but just couldn't manage it. I dread to think what'd happen if it broke though.

Kablammers

Smash Rookie
Gamecube!!! Originally I bought Gamecube controllers just for the Wii's reverse compatibility (never owned a Gamecube or Melee), but woohoo, I stick with it for Brawl.

I'm a little worse off on the Wiimote+Nunchuk, and am thinking of trying Classic.

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
Gamecube!!! Originally I bought Gamecube controllers just for the Wii's reverse compatibility (never owned a Gamecube or Melee), but woohoo, I stick with it for Brawl.

I'm a little worse off on the Wiimote+Nunchuk, and am thinking of trying Classic.
Your missing out

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I use the Wiimote + Nunchuck. While I'm used to it at this point, I've only been using it because I don't have a Gamecube controller on me while in college (I have two at home), but I don't really care enough to have one sent to me.

Falc0nPunch

Smash Rookie
i used to use a Gamecube controller then used a Wii Remote then Wii Remote and Nunchuck and now i am using a Gamecube controller again because using it is makes it more easier to short hop.

I played though the other 2 smash games... but really got into melee i used to play brawl with the Gamecube Controller only because yes it was easier t omake good jobs on and i couldnt play the wii remote or with the nunchuck thing . till the batterys died, now i play strictly with the wii remote and ive gotten even better at the game with it... still suck with the nunchuck XD:dizzy:

Raid

Smash Cadet
deff the gamecube controller, just to used to palying smash with it, hard to get used to the new stuff.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
No, it looks like a classical SNES controller, just with two analog sticks and a home button added... Also the cord comes from the bottom, which is kinda weird... or dumb, I quess.

So yeah, good point.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
I use the classic controller, I've used it since the beginning. Now I can't use anything else except the gamecube controller, but I still like Classic Controller better.

friswee

Smash Rookie
i like it cos its smaller but the z button on GC controller sometimes appeals but then i just place on finger on L and the other on Z(r) to conpensate. plus the buttons are the same size on classic.

M.J.B

Smash Cadet
I changed to the gamecube wavebird and btw it is better than the others if you don't know what to use.
wavebird ftw!

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know where I can find one of those "green or bluish" gamecube controllers I've seen on some of the youtube vids?

ShadowNovan

Smash Cadet
I use the Gamecube Controller, I've never even bothered with the others ones it's what I like and what O'm used too.

I just ordered a white one should be coming pretty soon :D

Top Bottom