• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller Do You Use?

Mokkun

Smash Rookie
Game Cube controller all the way! I don't have a classic and with the Wii Remote & Nunchuk is just a pain when you are used to the NGC one when playing a lot of Melee.

Blue_Angel

Smash Cadet
You are a hero to me. Not even I have to balls to play with the Wiimote sideways on anything, not even for fun or to kid around.

Me, of course I'm the Classic Controler God around where I live, I play others, but only for fun and not for competive reasons, Classic is for that.

You have the prettiest post ever.

Nirage

Smash Rookie
I used to use the gamecube controller before the stick messed up (can't move left using it) so I stick with the classic controller

tgrove69

Smash Cadet
My favorite is the wii remote sideways and I got used to it when I got the game, but I started using the Gamecube Controler and the Classic. I suck with the Numchuk.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
My favorite is the wii remote sideways and I got used to it when I got the game, but I started using the Gamecube Controler and the Classic. I suck with the Numchuk.
Game cube controller, I find it makes me move my chars faster. So it's what I use for serious competitions and stuff.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
This should be a vote so we can see how many people prefer one or the other. I learned to play with all 4 ways, and the Cube is still the best. But I used to use the Wiimote+Nunchuck for a while. But the ability to short-hop with a Cube-Controller, as well as easier taunts, makes it an obviously better choice.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
This should be a vote so we can see how many people prefer one or the other. I learned to play with all 4 ways, and the Cube is still the best. But I used to use the Wiimote+Nunchuck for a while. But the ability to short-hop with a Cube-Controller, as well as easier taunts, makes it an obviously better choice.
I an use the Wiimote+ nunchuk but for thsoe reasons I go Game cube controller.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
EDIT: ignore this, or mod delete it, Stupid computer Messed up.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I mainly use the gamecube controller however when my bro from college comez down I have to use the wiimote (not even nunchuk with it). My house has like SIX broken controllers (yes I even broke a white one).

Anyway, yeah I use GCN controller but when fighting casuals and scrubs I use teh wiimote xD

Giga Falco

Smash Rookie
I mostly use my Wavebird GCN Contoller but the batteries occasionally run out -_- . When it really does, I use the wiimote + nunchuck. I broke my 2 wired controllers so I am forced to use my wireless.

Pima Dema

Smash Rookie
The gamecube controller. It has kind of became a habit when in Melee you could only play with the gamecube controller.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
Well, I used to use my gamecube controller but it broke like the two others that I owned. Currently, I use the wiimote + nunchuck. I am looking forward to get another gamecube controller.

Ange

Smash Lord
I want to be able to play Brawl with a PS3 controller.

That would be awesome.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I always use my mini gamecube controller. It's just like a regular gamecube controller, only much more awesome.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Classic controller is the best for me, I never played melee and GC controller has too short wire.
And they are almost the same.

Starlord Titus

Smash Rookie
I have to agree with Ahvena on this one. Although gamecube controllers have proven to be reliable for years and have such durability considering the superior design of nintendo when fitted with players of all ages, the Classisc Controller wields more modern technology due to the new generation of console. Hence in theory, it should prove to be not only superior in signal transfer, but in playability as well. But do what you feel is right for you.

Top Bottom