• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller Do You Use?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The Classic Controller is the greatest. You'll have more control functions than the Gamecube Controller has, and you can save your controls when you go to someone else's Wii on your Wii Mote. Of course I know this because I use the Classic Controller myself. =D

When it come's to control options here's my pros and cons of different controllers since I use them all:

Wii Mote Alone:

Pros:

+ It's simple to use

+ You can easily use Smash Attacks

+ You can save your controls on your Wii Mote

Cons:

- Hard to use on competive play

- Not enough control options

- Hard to use grabs and shield

- You have to modify jump controls to use them better

Wii Mote & Nunchku:

+ The most control options out of the four

Cons:

- It's the hardest to mater over the four controls

- Hard to modify your control functions for competitive play

Classic Controller:

+ Soft controls for gentle fingers

+ Same feeling as the GC controller

+ Great use for competitive play

Cons:

- Hard to use with someone with big hands and/or fingers

- Hardest to grip when it come's to the other four controls

Gamecube Controller:

+ Best competitive controller out of the four controllers

+ Most familiar for those who played Melee

+ Best grip out of the four controllers

Cons:

- You have to hard tap the controls, while the Wii Mote's you can soft tap it

- The most overused controller out of the four controllers

- You can't save your control changes on your Gamecube Controller but your Wii Mote only
Yea, I pretty much still stand with this. XD

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It's only a con when you see one out of one hundred people with the same controller, when you mistakenly misplace yours then someone else take's it. =P

Exce L

Smash Apprentice
It's only a con when you see one out of one hundred people with the same controller, when you mistakenly misplace yours then someone else take's it. =P
This happens everytime a group of my friends come to play Brawl at my hosue :p

Tsukiko

Smash Rookie
I just use the Wii Mote and Nunchuck. I guess it's just easier for me.

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
i play with gamecube but me and my friends joke around that you can play with a guitar hero controller

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
GameCube controller. I'm used to it in Melee and when Brawl came out I never bothered trying any of the other controllers.
I tried them all. I personally think that GC controller is the best.
At first, I was playing with the WiiMote alone, I could beat my friends with 2 lives remaining and near a hundred percent damages (Out of 3 lives). Then again, I took the gamecube controller (since I used to play Melee) and I 3 stock 'em. Yeah, they're really bad :laugh:.

*Note: They play with Nunchuk+Wiimote, they don't like anything else besides that.

Tsukiko

Smash Rookie
Partly for B-Sticking (I have a different name saved with that control setting), but mostly out of laziness.
I see. Maybe I should try different controllers out to see which one I play better with.
I'll at least try the GC controller.

00Lucifer00

Smash Rookie
Since I actually dont have a Wii, i use a classic controller at my friend's house with X and Y set to grab

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
I use a Wiimote + Nunchuck. You can move your hands wherever you want and still have the same control as the gc controller. I actually beat most of the gc controller players I fight (and I suck too :bee:)

Shiroi

Smash Apprentice
GC controller all the way! Never used classic though. >.>
None of my friends have one XD
Anyways, my controller is the original (FROM THE GC BOX) and is totally worn out lol.
Gray Control stick's rubber is GONE. (like many other people have said lol.)
AND, sometimes the z - button gets jammed. X_X
But i'm still currently using it.
People don't know how I can cope with it. LOL.

FTWin

Smash Cadet
GC Controller for serious play, but unless we're 1v1-2v2ing, i usually get stuck with a Wiimote. But it's really not that bad. honestly, i prefer GC, but all except Classic are okay by me

ShadowFlygon

Smash Rookie
I like the GC controller, just prefer it over WiiMote and 'chuk. Never tried the Classic, don't plan on.

Moozle

Smash Champion
GC controller is the only way to go. There's so many things that you can't do with the others. Trying to grab with the wiimote is pretty silly, and so is jumping

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
There's so many things that you can't do with the others. Trying to grab with the wiimote is pretty silly, and so is jumping
Wii Mote & Nunchaku and Classic Controler has more control options than the Gamecube Controler. It's just that the Classic Controler takes time to handle since you can't use the D-Pad to move and the Joy Stick is very close together. Wii Mote & Nunchaku has too many separate buttons to press, which make's that combination that hardest. Still, the Wii Mote alone is the weakest of the four controls.

2nd Kira

Smash Rookie
Wii remote + nunchuck.
I just got used to it and forgot my GC controller. Don't have a classic. Wii remote by itself is alright, but I suck XD.

highfive

Smash Lord
I play with wiimote and nunchuk. Why? Because I thought that wireless was golden and wires made for bad comings during matches with friends. And I got so used to the nunchuk and wiimote I play with them always, even during serious matches.

spartandrew21

Smash Cadet
I prefer using the wiimote and nunchuk, as I never really used the gamecube controller. I do like to switch the configuration on the wiimote and nunchuk, though.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yea, but with a Wii Mote & Nunchaku you play more relaxed than you would with a Gamecube Controller laying down, lol.

Mumble

Smash Apprentice
GC controller for me.
I've seen some people change the button configuration on the gc controller, and I was freaking out.
I don't understand how people can play with a different button configuration.

k~own

Smash Rookie
i first used only the wii remote without nunchuck(i suck with nunchuck dunno why) now i play with the gamecube controller because i found out it plays way better:p

Top Bottom