• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What controller should i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
at my local tourney scene, most people use wii mote and nunckaku, and they all call me weird for using my pelican wireless controller. personally i set my jump to the "a" button and special to "r" and i think it works well. do you guys have any suggestions on if i should switch controlls or just controller in general?

Alexis.

Smash Rookie
sorry for double post but

ZOMG I just noticed your controller set up

that is game breaking

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Most people ive seen just use the standard gc controller for ease. Although it's really whatever feels more comfortable for you. If it's working no point in changeing.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Wireless controllers are tangle-free.

But you should at least have a face button set to Specials if you're gonna main Luigi. Otherwise, you'll never be able to do the Jumpless Rising Cyclone AT. Seriously, how fast can you tap R on the wavebird? Even if you took out the spring, it'd still be too slow.

I use the Classic and have R set to Jump. This way, I can jump and aerial with the right analog ("c-stick") instantly. Took me a long time to get used to it, but that's just my personal thing. I don't think it's necessary to do this unless you main Lucas.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
is there a way to add another button to the face of the controller? like a completely new button? because i just dont have room for a special button there....any ideas?

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
i saw this guy playing with the drumset from rockband before, and that looked awesome, think im going to try and learn how to do that.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
REALLY?!?!

That is awesome! Just the drum pads?

Did he set the kick petal to anything?

I can just imagine doing rising cyclone really easy with that.

MasterKoga

Smash Cadet
Controllers are generally bulky and hard to use

I suggest a fightstick, with just a couple thousand dollars and a few months you can make a tournament edition fightstick that will improve your game 1.2 fold !

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
LOL at the "1.2 fold". I like you now. *high-fives you without your consent*

Anyway, VolksWagen, explain how you have no more room for setting a face button to Special... why can't you just set Shield or Grab to anything other than a face-button? Hell, you could learn to Jump with Tap-Jump to free up a face button. You could even set Jump to L if you insist on not removing Shield/Grab from the face buttons.

You NEED a face button to be Special.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
ive not had a face button set to special since brawl came out, i fail to see how i NEED one if ive gotten by until this point without one. sry but id prefer if you called me vanillawaffle or waffles for short, dont know about this volkswagen person but a good friend of mine once said, assumptinos are the mother of all **** ups

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
You NEED Special set to a face button if you're gonna master Luigi, VDub. I used to play Wiimote+Nunchuck and was fine with it (and jumped with Tap-Jump only this way). I played Luigi like a beast, with the exception of one thing: I couldn't JRC. It's impossible to JRC unless you have a face button set to Specials. Now that I can JRC, I've realized it's one of the most important ATs I could have learned. Not being able to do it is detrimental to Luigi.

WIGI

Smash Champion
ok chocolate wafer, or w.e ur name is.

u ask for advice, then when you get the good advice that is correct and telling you how to not suck,

you have a little girl fit.

Take the advice

p.s. it bugs me how i can't set other buttons to do the dtaunt. like all my taunt buttons, and maybe most of my other buttons.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
ok wigi, why are you assuming that i suck? at any point in my post did i say that i sucked? i asked if i should switch controls. nowhere in that statement says i want to improve. again with assumptions, when will you people learn?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
When playing luigi, all buttons should be set to "taunt"

except the c stick, which should do SJP and Misfire, but only at a random chance of both

WIGI

Smash Champion
cuz people who ask for advice, then apon recieve said advice, throw it out the window saying they don't need it. suck. that and im kinda getting a newb vibe Mr.Vaffles. annnd not wanting to improve is clearly a lie, or you would not be asking any questions at all.

call me syrup cuz im ALL OVER WAFFLES.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oooo....ooo..........o....

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
well the jokes up, just to prove you wrong mr wigi. im not asking in order to improve, just trolling and thanks for the abundance of laughs at your expense.

WIGI

Smash Champion
My expense? im pretty sure all the laughs were directed at you and your name.

and don't troll -.-

and you probably should ask questions to improve Phalaphel, because you probably still suck.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
So, lemme get this straight, VDub:

You make a thread asking if you should change controls or your control setup. You get advice. You question the advice and act dickish in the process, pointing out that we wrongly assumed you wanted advice to improve. Then when WiGi calls you out on your dickishness, you admit you started this thread to troll.

I'm assuming that's what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom