• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What could happen to Brawl's Wi-Fi in the future?

FLSHK

Smash Cadet
I looked inside Brawl Minus's mu_menumain.pac file, and I found this string of text: "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for this software has been discontinued. Visit support.nintendo.com for a list of current Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection-compatible software." I mean, I know Brawl's Wi-Fi sucks, but I don't have many people to Brawl with outside of Wi-Fi (I'm much, much better than those people, so I don't really gain much from those Brawls). Isn't there something that someone can do if this happens? I figure this is going to happen sometime, so I'm worried.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Do you know what happened with XBOX Live a few months ago? Back in April, they discontinued the online service for all games on the original XBOX because it wasn't worth keeping up the online service for that platform (or something like that).

That message you found is what the game will pull up the day Nintendo discontinues the online service for Wii games. It's nothing to worry about until at least they announce the next console.

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
I saw something on a Brawl hacks website about hosting different Brawl servers. They discovered there were more online game modes that have no data on the Brawl server, and this started talks of new servers. I'm sure if Brawl Wifi was discontinued, hackers could make there own server a few weeks later.

But as Kuma said, that won't happen until the Wii online service is discontinued.

FLSHK

Smash Cadet
Okay, thanks for this information. I thought someone would be able to make Brawl servers for when Nintendo stops having official servers.

Edit: I wasn't sure if anyone would do it, though. Good to know that there ARE people willing to do it.

link2702

Smash Champion
this did just remind me though that eventualy nintendo will discontinue the normal ds's servers, which means i will eventually have to say good bye to acww.

not that i really play it much anymore anyway, buuuuuuuuuut.....tis kinda sad when you think bout it :(

Top Bottom