• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What could Pokemon Z improve on?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Here's my problem with Mega Evolutions.
It's not that the concept was bad, they were just given to the wrong Pokemon.
Making ones like Mewtwo and Blaziken, who already we're broken, even more of a mess.
But there is an opportunity, maybe using it as a chance to make some Pokemon more useful in the Metagame.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Here's my problem with Mega Evolutions.
It's not that the concept was bad, they were just given to the wrong Pokemon.
Making ones like Mewtwo and Blaziken, who already we're broken, even more of a mess.
But there is an opportunity, maybe using it as a chance to make some Pokemon more useful in the Metagame.
Well, it was given to really popular Pokemon, plus a few that needed it.

BlueStar03

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Scizor did not need a Mega Evolution...

The next game also needs more clothes.
- Accessories that you can wear on your face, like sunglasses and masks
- More hats, the option to remove hats, more Pokémon themed headgear like the Pancham hat.
- Pokémon costumes, gym leader, rival, elite four, champion, character costumes from past games.

I really liked the Villa you got in Platinum and always hoped they would do that again in another game. You could get a penthouse in Lumiose City or a Villa in Kiloude. You could fill it up with unlockable furniture and trophies.

Speaking of Lumiose City, it's probably intentionally hard to navigate but a moveable camera view in the city would be nice as well as a marker on the map to show your position.

I'm glad they brought back the medals but for the next game I want to receive them in game again but have them viewable both in game and on the PGL website.

They probably won't touch the GTS again until gen. 7 but if they do they should make move sets, abilities and natures visible so people can't scam you. Also remove the ability to request impossible trades.

There have been so many good features through these games that get dropped from one title to the next, you could make the perfect game with what we've already had.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Knock Off desperately needs to be nerfed. I'm pretty sure it's the strongest physical Dark move in the game, and with the overall offensive buff for Dark (since there are so few Fairies and most of the Fairies are specially defensive anyway), even from a purely offensive standpoint, it's better to run the move over something like Crunch every single time.

More Megas would be great too.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I'd expect the obvious things to be added to Z (If there even is a Z and not just X2 and Y2, or nothing at all).
  1. Move Tutors.
  2. More pokemon that weren't available in the other two games IE: Cofagrigus, Meowth, Slaking, etc.
  3. Bigger endgame.
  4. New side plot.
  5. New Battle facility/ side activity ala contest/movie studio.
  6. Probably more Mega Evolutions. I dunno if I'd expect Sceptile and Swampert in this or if they'd be saved for the "Ruby and Sapphire remakes".
What I'd like added is..
  1. More new pokémon. I assume this is possible. They could Patch X and Y with the new data right?
  2. Return to a previous region for the post game. I know this is a popular and overused request, but for whatever reason they never though to implement this again after Gen 2.
  3. Mega Evolutions given to more trainers. I know these games are introducing the concept, but you pretty much nuke every trainer in X and Y who doesn't have one. Only the "boss" battles ever have them and even then it's only a few of them. I'd love to see more trainers have access to Mega Evolutions at some point.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
1. Move Tutors
2. Larger Postgame
3. More Customization Options
4. The Return of Difficulty modes (and hopefully they're available from the start)
5. More Mega Evolutions
6. Being able to get the Version Exclusive/Event Mega Evolutions (not being able to save items in Pokemon Bank is a huge flaw)
7. More bulk to the Story

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'd prefer X2 and Y2 than Z, but I suppose X and Y's story could be done better so that it doesn't need direct sequels.

1. The story should delve deeper into the lore of Zygarde, Xerneas, and Yveltal. X and Y did not have their event legendaries very involved in the story. We should also be able to see how Team Flare was able to capture a legendary pokemon.

2. More involvement from your Rivals. Your friends in X and Y kind of suck at keeping up with your Pokemon skills. They need to have more battles with you. Furthermore, there should be more times when one of the rivals teams up with you in certain locations.

3. More Mega Evolutions. MUCH more Mega Evolutions. Gen 5 and 6 need some love here.

4. Instead of receiving a Kanto starter, you receive a Johto or Sinnoh starter from Professor Sycamore.

5. More clothes definitely.

6. The Elite 4 and Champion get much stronger when challenging them for the second time.

7. Kiloude City becomes the location of the Battle Frontier. I would also love to see the Pokemon World Tournament again. This time though, in the most difficult matches, every contestant has a pokemon that can mega-evolve.

8. Yet another opportunity to rematch Cynthia. I was expecting a fight with her Mega Garchomp in X and Y, but that didn't happen.

D

Deleted member

Bigger Post-game, Harder Elite Four (second time around), battle older opponents (vs.seeker).

That would make me buy Pokemon Z, XY was a disappointment because of those missing elements.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Bigger Post-game, Harder Elite Four (second time around), battle older opponents (vs.seeker).

That would make me buy Pokemon Z, XY was a disappointment because of those missing elements.
This.
But also a better story (maybe some actual personality in the rivals).
And less lag. It's was atrocious in X/Y. Don't believe me? Try going into a Trevenant horde battle with the 3D on.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do know that there will be one flaw if there are any new mega evolutions; you can't battle against any of the X/Y version owners with them. Of course, Black 2 and White 2 were able to get away with Black Kyurem, White Kyurem, and the Therian Formes of Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus, despite being sequels to Black and White.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I forgot about Mega Mewtwo Z being a possibility. Mew2X is more physical and Mew2Y is more special (correct me if I'm wong, I don't use that Pokemon), Mewtwo Z could be a wall or a mixed attacker. All I want in the new game is more mega stones. I'd like one for every starter, but I doubt it would happen. My favorite mega stones to receive more of are ones that changes a Pokemon's role.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'd like Pokémon Z to introduce up to 49 more Mega Evolutions. Gen 6 introduced 72 new Pokémon (including Hoopa and Volcanion) and 30 Mega Evolutions (including Mega Latios and Latias). With 49 new Mega Evolutions, that'd bring the total number of creatures to 151 in Gen 6, and you know... symbolism. To list Pokémon I'd like to see Mega Evolve (just a few):
  • Darkrai
  • Lapras
  • Tropius
  • Snorlax
  • Jirachi
  • Unown
  • Farfetch'd
  • Tauros/Miltank (they could share a Mega Evolution, it'd be so dope: Bovinite)
  • Lunatone/Solrock (Meteorite, haha..)
I want convergent evolution. It's what I want the very most in Pokémon: evolution that stems from two or more lines.

T

Trick or Treat

Mismagius needs to be a Ghost/Fairy type. I don't care about any other improvements as long as they fix that.

Also bring seasons back, and maybe add some type of holiday system.

Bust mostly Mismagius. I'm going to give GF the benefit of the doubt and just assume it was an honest mistake, an oversight which they fully intend to fix in the next game. That is all.

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
True horde EV hotspots. What if you were EV training in, say Special Defense from the Hoppip on Route 7, and you see a horde of Psyduck (which give Special Attack instead) where one is shiny?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
True horde EV hotspots. What if you were EV training in, say Special Defense from the Hoppip on Route 7, and you see a horde of Psyduck (which give Special Attack instead) where one is shiny?
I want somewhere to EV train for Defense where the Pokemon don't have Sturdy (Geodude, I'm glaring at you).

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
3 things
-A Really harder E4 with each member using a full party
-Gym Leader Rematches with them using Mega Evos
-Zygarde becoming relevant to the plot and making its hidden moves (Thousand Arrows/Waves) available

RockerJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
flutterjay
- More Megas, the more the merrier

- Expanded storyline with Zygarde being relevant

- Battle Frontier/World Tournament-esque facility

- More post-game

- Incorporate some of the PokeNav Plus's new features

- Make the rivals less cheesy, and Team Flare more threatening

I would much prefer direct sequels again or Sinnoh remakes next, but I wouldn't mind a Pokemon Z.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
Difficulty. X and Y were ridiculously easy. I was never a fan of the grinding required in the early games, but X and Y were so easy I found myself avoiding any battles between gyms just to stop every one being a wipeout :/

Top Bottom