• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do I have to do to DI ZSS' attacks?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Looking for the proper DI angle against any of her kill setups, such as DSmash into Down B spike, as well as various grab combos into Uair - Up B, and if it's possible to SDI out of her Up B.

Also, are there any airdodge-read 50/50s to keep in mind when she launches you upwards?

skoolzout1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skoolzout1
3DS FC
0018-2889-0858
All of that is pretty Easy peezy sadly.

First of all, for anything Boost kick related I recommend this video by Trifroze.

https://youtu.be/WQD6fPQXYwE

He covers everything you'll ever need to know about that move

To DI dsmash into downB, there is no way to avoid it entirely. You can only hope to make the ZSS player miss the spike. To do that, I usually recommend DI'ing into ZSS. That'll make you take the brunt of the hit instead of the spike.. If you're at high percents you'll likely die but oh well. A really good ZSS player may be good enough to read that you'll DI in and can adjust but you'll almost never ever meet a ZSS player that plans for the person to know how to DI..

Her grab combos are something in themselves. First of all, how are you getting grabbed? Just spam rolls and we'll never catch you thanks to sakurais nerfs. But anyways if you get caught then mix up your DI between DI in and DI away. If the ZSS player is good they can react to your DI no matter what, in that case, you may wanna prepare for boost kick..

Trifroze covers this but I'll explain something here that nobody seems to fully understand..

When you are stuck in Boost kick, you have two options to try and survive.
You can either try and smash DI out or you can DI to survive the hit. You will likely not be able to try both.

If you are at high percents... Try your absolute hardest to smash DI out. Since you'll probably won't be able to DI good enough.

If you are at low percents, DO NOT SMASH DI. This is why you see people dying off the top before the move finishes at like 30 percent...

ZSS with rage is scary in that moment. Just DI down and take the hit. It'll keep you away from the top blast zone and you won't die (unless you're literally right beside the side blastzones obv)

I cringe everytime I see someone Die at 30 and rage at ZSS being broken because of this simple fact. People tend to only ever pick one option when they get hit by boost kick.. Eithe SDI or survival DI. And if you do the wrong one you'll die early as hell.

Also finally, ZSS has no real true 50/50 kill setups that I've seen be reliable. People say dthrow up air is a 50/50 but as long as you DI away at kill percents I'm pretty sure you can always jump in time.

Any more questions just let me know.

Peace

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
All of that is pretty Easy peezy sadly.

First of all, for anything Boost kick related I recommend this video by Trifroze.

https://youtu.be/WQD6fPQXYwE

He covers everything you'll ever need to know about that move

To DI dsmash into downB, there is no way to avoid it entirely. You can only hope to make the ZSS player miss the spike. To do that, I usually recommend DI'ing into ZSS. That'll make you take the brunt of the hit instead of the spike.. If you're at high percents you'll likely die but oh well. A really good ZSS player may be good enough to read that you'll DI in and can adjust but you'll almost never ever meet a ZSS player that plans for the person to know how to DI..

Her grab combos are something in themselves. First of all, how are you getting grabbed? Just spam rolls and we'll never catch you thanks to sakurais nerfs. But anyways if you get caught then mix up your DI between DI in and DI away. If the ZSS player is good they can react to your DI no matter what, in that case, you may wanna prepare for boost kick..

Trifroze covers this but I'll explain something here that nobody seems to fully understand..

When you are stuck in Boost kick, you have two options to try and survive.
You can either try and smash DI out or you can DI to survive the hit. You will likely not be able to try both.

If you are at high percents... Try your absolute hardest to smash DI out. Since you'll probably won't be able to DI good enough.

If you are at low percents, DO NOT SMASH DI. This is why you see people dying off the top before the move finishes at like 30 percent...

ZSS with rage is scary in that moment. Just DI down and take the hit. It'll keep you away from the top blast zone and you won't die (unless you're literally right beside the side blastzones obv)

I cringe everytime I see someone Die at 30 and rage at ZSS being broken because of this simple fact. People tend to only ever pick one option when they get hit by boost kick.. Eithe SDI or survival DI. And if you do the wrong one you'll die early as hell.

Also finally, ZSS has no real true 50/50 kill setups that I've seen be reliable. People say dthrow up air is a 50/50 but as long as you DI away at kill percents I'm pretty sure you can always jump in time.

Any more questions just let me know.

Peace
Thanks, dude.

Any last minute words before I go into fight Marss on Friday?

skoolzout1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skoolzout1
3DS FC
0018-2889-0858
Thanks, dude.

Any last minute words before I go into fight Marss on Friday?
All I can say is I'm jealous.. And don't let him style on you... And don't air dodge double up airs.. Or he'll down B you at the top of the stage

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
All I can say is I'm jealous.. And don't let him style on you... And don't air dodge double up airs.. Or he'll down B you at the top of the stage
Ended up losing 2-0, taking him to kill percentages on Game 2, which was much closer. I need to watch that video again on how to avoid the Up Bs.

He spent less time using Up B and more time using combos that lead into offstage Bairs. I don't know if they're true. I think it was Nair into Bair, but I don't remember exactly which move it was.

skoolzout1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skoolzout1
3DS FC
0018-2889-0858
Ended up losing 2-0, taking him to kill percentages on Game 2, which was much closer. I need to watch that video again on how to avoid the Up Bs.

He spent less time using Up B and more time using combos that lead into offstage Bairs. I don't know if they're true. I think it was Nair into Bair, but I don't remember exactly which move it was.

Yeah I forgot that one... Nair to Bair is a true combo for an insanely long time.. my bad. Regardless you never want to get hit by nair. That's the bottom line

Top Bottom