• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you do when there's a spammer.

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
Ok, sometimes, when I brawl my brother, he get's tried of playing normally, and we do a spam match (without my approval). So, what I do is just fight, win and that's the end of it. it's sad if brawlers nowadays can't beat a SINGLE button masher, so I just fight, humiliate, and then we continue our normal Link, Lucario, or Snake vs Ike, Falco, or Toon Link.

Now, what I DON'T do is Reset, Turn Off, the Wii, or pause and force my bro to switch. I mean seriously, it takes about as much skill to beat a spammer as it does to spam. Also, spammers need to be put in their place, if you reset when fighting a spammer or just a plan good brawler, then you lost-end of story.

So, who here gives up against spammers, your just making them want to spam more. But, on an even more serious note spamming in tourneys is wrong, people enter tourneys to prove their skill, and for cash. :laugh: So, for spammers in tourneys, that's just wasting your time, and other people's time.

Today, I ask you to, kick the living crap out of spammers, to show them just how much spamming really is pointless in a good game like brawl, for all players, for Sparta!

Note: I actually love it when I can fight a kirbycider, long story short, Ike's right-smash is long enough. :)

Umm, I fight against what I think is the best spam, meta-knight's standard B. Glad to know MOST of Smash Boards decides to kill spammers.

gOld7

Smash Apprentice
No, I actually get angry and go out of my way to make sure I can cause that spammer as much pain as humanly possible... XD... In the game of course.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I go over the projectiles, or pick lucario and spam like ****.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I will humuliate spammers as much as humanly possible if a spammer indeed tries to continueously spam me one too many times so...

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I pick the ICs and land an easy grab (spammers in my area all roll spam while projectile spam) and CG them to ridiculous percents

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
Back when I was a mook I would choose a moving/very large stage and use either Pit or Sonic. With Pit I would just run away and spam arrows. With Sonic I would run away, spam B, and spam his taunt.

Nowadays I simply try and beat spammers. Spamming is a viable tactic this game. Blame Sakurai, not the person using the technique.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Spamming doesn't phaze me. Just play how you play, and if you feel the need to switch up your play style for some reason, spam back 10x better! :laugh:

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I go over the projectiles, or pick lucario and spam like ****.
You'll lose every time. Lucario has one of the weakest spam games out of anyone with a projectile, if not the weakest. Luigi outcamps Lucario.
This thread is begging for a story of the Jturley combo.
But, it's not hard to beat spammers. Sometimes it just takes patience.

~Fino
This is coming from an Olimar main.

Tenki

Smash Hero
This thread is kinda dumb and scrubby but I'll go along with it.

If someone's spamming projectiles at me and it's a friendly, I start practicing powershielding.

but otherwise, I jump.

Really. Jump. If they jump, you can airdodge.

CalebSitton

Smash Apprentice
i just cant help but to lulz at spammers...,
i usually spam back at em or i just try to survive a episode of spam and then hit them cheaply to win

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Jump. Pshield. Spinshot (Sonic specific.) Get annoyed.

Especially if I'm using a slow character like Ganon or Ike. I've never played a TLink who hasn't spammed the whole god**** match and then as soon as I've closed the gap just run away again. It's ok if I'm Sonic or something, but if I'm Ganon or someone it's just depressing. Scrubs > Ganon.

Seriously, if you're having too much trouble with spammers, counterpick levels to where it's restricted, or change character to someone who can easily deal with spam (Sonic, Fox, Mario)

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
I'll start spamming PK Fire and PK Thunder. It'll usually get more annonying than Pikachu and Pit spam.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Assuming you mean projectile spammers, the cheapest kind, I put up some waddle dees to block the projectiles or beat their projectiles, basically out classing them. If it's someone like Zelda or Wolf, then their projectiles actually beat mine, so I'm forced to approach them instead of visa versa. If they spam without cease, then I lol at how pathetically easy they are to beat. Anybody who says solely spamming or button mashing in Smash will get you anywhere is an idiot. Spamming some mixed up with other stuff can work, but nothing but spamming is idiotic.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
First! Ya say NO!

Then! Ya get outta there! (Don't forget to tell someone you trust, like your friends, or SWF)

I'd do that if I was tired of it anyway. Usually I'd find an attack of mine that gets through their spam, or spam back.

Denzi

Smash Master
Seriously, just jump. Or powershield. Or shield. Or spotdodge. Or...

Once I get past them, I like to hit them off the stage and yell, "You must recover!"

Buggy793

Smash Rookie
I just try to annoy them back WITHOUT spamming.
Just keep jumping around, hit them when they suffer from lag, and KO them with some cheap KO move(Like Lucas's Usmash)

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Walk as fast as the character can walk without running, and powershielding all of the projectiles. Fairly simple.

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
If it's a Noob spammer I break his pride by making his spam utterly useless with pure speed.

If it's a good player then yeah, just spam back at them.

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
i main snake and fox, so yeah..

and also, i want a sibling to be able to play smash with. :(

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Whe I fight a spammer, I just smply own them by attacking them constanly, I don't even care if I'm losing, I just keep punishing the spammer by attacking them to death.

Thats what everyone should do, Punish the foe by attacking them to no end!

and it will teach them that spamming is bad! So they will learn a lesson

cooperjack

Smash Rookie
for spams where you can get a shield in, if you shield then jump youre pretty much good, then as long as you can stay above them for a while most people will come up and try to get you and since there arent many spams in the air, start fighting in the air, then at least youve stopped that one spam spurt or theirs.

walla_homie

Smash Apprentice
uselly when i have the lead, i just stand in and area were they cant hit me and wait for them to get so bored they stop and PUNISH THEM WITH DA POWER OF METEORSMASH!

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I hate spammers. They make me so mad that I get pissed and throw my wii out the window

I'm on my 7th wii >.>

Top Bottom