• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you guys do for a living?

The Carpenter

Smash Apprentice
I'm an HVAC tech. What about you?
Ha neat to see another tradesman. You can guess what I do by my tag, I'm a self employed woodworker as pretty recently. I do mostly finish work like interior trim and cabinetry. Always loved woodwork and dreamed of getting my own jobs, it's pretty hard to believe I'm actually doing it sometimes. Regardless of that, I still love playing smash and other games like I was still a kid in high school.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
College student, currently cursing my lack of funds at the moment.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Final year college student, English major, Philosophy minor, semi-professional storyteller and morality-waxer.

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
Ha neat to see another tradesman. You can guess what I do by my tag, I'm a self employed woodworker as pretty recently. I do mostly finish work like interior trim and cabinetry. Always loved woodwork and dreamed of getting my own jobs, it's pretty hard to believe I'm actually doing it sometimes. Regardless of that, I still love playing smash and other games like I was still a kid in high school.
Yeah, it's cool seeing other tradesmen around here. Takes away a bit from the geeky vibe I guess lol.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm a Geographic Information Systems technician, speifically an Asset Management Analyst. I update Digital centerlines and cartways, as well as the associated documentation, whenever there is a new development planned. I also do whatever GIS related task my supervisor hands down to me.

Last edited:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
i draw things and sometimes make money off of it
(im actually waiting on results of an art test for some contract art at the moment. fingers crossed!)

Starbit

Smash Cadet
NNID
CaptainCurtains
3DS FC
3093-7138-6717
College student with an Internship working with people who suffer from Alzheimer's Disease.

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
i'm a college student who's looking to transfer and take computer science classes at dartmouth and then find a job somewhere nice. if that plan doesn't hold through, though, i'm going to major in international studies in chicago and then hopefully go to business school afterwards. after that my plans aren't clear but hopefully that will help me secure me a stable job that pays enough for me to live off of

during the summer i'll probably get a job in customer service which i'm a little nervous about but will hopefully be fine

currently i help edit literary magazines on campus which i'm obviously not paid to do but is a “leisure” activity that i do whenever possible and (not always competently) tutor people with their french. just basic things like verb tenses, conjugations, grammar, etc.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Just finished high school last July and took a year off working for college funds. I'm thinking about doing HVAC as well. Though I feel Carpentry would be more enjoyable for me. I already applied for both for this September.

Don't know which one to choose.

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
My bias advice: HVAC is an awesome trade that ensures not only year-round work, but a mixture of all trades like Electrical, Plumbing, Sheet metal, refrigeration, and gas fitting.

Herr Director

Smash Rookie
NNID
Herr_Director
I work full time at a post-production facility focused on media distribution. If you've watched a movie on iTunes/Netflix/Amazon lately, chances are I built the digi-copy version of it!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm a sex worker. I get to make my own hours, set my own rates and do something that I really enjoy!

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I'm a sysadmin, which means I just browse smashboards all day.

I can also personally vouch for Chill's occupation

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I teach English in Japan at several schools: a kindergarten, three elementary schools, and 2 junior high schools. I average 4-6 classes a day and I prepare most if not all lessons. In Junior High, the lessons are split between myself and the Japanese English teacher. I am employed through the JET program through the local Board of Education and have a limit of 5 years which I will be finishing this August. Outside of teaching English, I run my own after-hours English conversation classes for adults at three separate location which generally runs from 8 to 4:15 and then again from 7 to 9 Monday through Thursday. I follow a curriculum I made and lesson plans that build upon them.

Top Bottom