• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Do You Guys Think

Denzi

Smash Master
Excellent tech skill, but he had some bad reads and did more than a few things he should've been torn apart for, like forcing the CG and only recovering onstage G1.

I also dislike the lack of lasers.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
He was bufferring BDACUS's out of shield drop and had very good use of dsmash, but he didn't cg or tech chase well and didnt use enough lasers.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
He just did random things and it worked because he's freaking Glutonny.
He took a lot of risks because he knew that if he lost the WF he'd just have to pick Wario and win the GF twice.

His use of aerials is interesting though. Using Falco's vertical mobility like he uses Wario's horizontal mobility is something that seems to have a lot of potential.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Nice Falco. Love the speed and precision of his moves. Some dumb mistakes but nobody's perfect.

Screw you guys, he doesn't even need chaingrabs and lasers. You're lucky you have it.

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
I thought he was playing a bit too flashy, some of those BDACUS's made no sense (but they still looked cool).

So I guess he has his tech-skill down but needs to play more smartly.

I found it funny in the 2nd video that he kept getting hit by Utilt when using phantasm. Like 4-5 times in a row lol

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Gluttony has the weirdest Falco I've ever seen, but it's good. The only thing I could see he was doing wrong consistently is that he was staling his up smash a lot instead of saving it at high %s

It also seems like Bjay doesn't know how to play a good Falco, he was dashing in a lot which is something you should never do versus a good Falco player.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Now that I think about it, why is this not in the Falco Critique Thread? Get @ my moderation

Vlade

Social Outcast
Now that I think about it, why is this not in the Falco Critique Thread? Get @ my moderation
It should be but by the time I got to the thread there was some good discussion already going on and it would've been lame if I closed the thread.

That said, Gluttony's Falco is very unorthodox, but I guess everyone has their own style. I always enjoy watching European players for a change. If you guys haven't already, I recommend subscribing to SmashTournoi which is the main youtube account for European tournament matches.

That said, Gluttony's Falco is very unorthodox, but I guess everyone has their own style. I always enjoy watching European players for a change. If you guys haven't already, I recommend subscribing to SmashTournoi which is the main youtube account for European tournament matches.
I am not surprised it was unique to what you might usually see. Consider when you try to pick up some other character and do not main them. You probably do some pretty jankie stuff with those characters you do not main.

There was something I saw that I liked. A single wave bounce laser. That is incredibly easy to do. (You b-reversal with snake all the time in recovery, so I guess I consider it easy). It was simply never considered to try.

Top Bottom