• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you hate the most when playing against CPU's?

Koala

Smash Cadet
i like fighting computers.
the only thing that's sort of annoying is how they power shield everything

^^This is what I hate the most when I play a computer. They have such stupid reaction times to moves it is just dumb.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
they spam it's impossible to wear down their shield and they can do things you never thought was possible

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I really hate shield grabs. Even the level 1 CPUs can successfully shield grab you, which makes them anything but puny in Brawl. Basically, you can't do any simple combos without the risk of having your attacks blocked and then the CPU grabs you. In fact, I've seen the CPU stop Ike's Aether and Dedede's Super Dedede Jump, just by grabbing them.

Compare that to the Melee level 1s, where they do no grabs at all, and hardly ever do any special moves. Plus, they rarely ever use their shields, which makes it easy to deliver simple combos on them.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
That is correct SlashMolder. It sucks to lose to a bunch of CPUs. But their recovery moves are very funny. lol stupid Ike using his aether instead of his quick draw. Ness and Lucas are also hilarious since they always shoot up with their pk thunder. Brawl becomes a circus with the CPUs, well at least to me.

fabolous

Smash Rookie
That is correct SlashMolder. It sucks to lose to a bunch of CPUs. But their recovery moves are very funny. lol stupid Ike using his aether instead of his quick draw. Ness and Lucas are also hilarious since they always shoot up with their pk thunder. Brawl becomes a circus with the CPUs, well at least to me.
haha I agree with you about Ike using aether instead of quick draw. I just can't stand when the CPU's just hit each other once then stop to gang up on you plus power shielding.

BSP

Smash Legend
I hate how cpu's seem to know every move ur gonna make. still fairly easy to beat though.

Lustar

Smash Cadet
That CPUs team up on you. Also their reaction times are really good and they are awesome at shield grabbing.

Ult

Smash Cadet
If your lucky enough to get a 1v1 on With Anyone with a person who's actually good, that is a good way to train.

Anyways......I hate CPU's, the only time I play against them is if online sucks more than usual.

How they always charge after you when they obtain a Smash Ball, even if the other two CPUs are right next to them.
However, I find that when the CPUs will use their FS to be quite predictable.

Chuz

Smash Cadet
If you guys think CPUs in Brawl are bad you should see the ones in Melee. Power shielding all you projectiles back, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab. Brawl definitely improved it's CPU but what I hate is when you knock them back a fair amount of distance they won't recover until they're at the very bottom of the screen then you can hear their recovery go off but they still die. Fox and Ike do this a lot. :/

TheLoneWolf

Smash Rookie
Well...

When I fight Lvl 9 CPUs, I hate da fact dat dey seem like dey programmed to learn yo fightin style, den dey start vetoing yo moves (TRUST ME, it happens).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That they gang up on you, and the fact that they're CPU's.

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
I hate how they always taunt everytime you die... It just starts to get annoying. Every single CPU char will taunt. Oh also when you do teams like you and another player against two CPUs they always randomly pick one player and just team them...

UberMario

Smash Master
The fact that they perfect shield projectiles nearly every single time.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
I hate how they are so easy to beat, and just because they are CPU's .. They get boring ALOT faster then a real person does.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Most of what I hate about them was said, so, all I have to add is how CPU's do stupid, suicidal things sometimes.

sammy p

Smash Lord
I hate how they are so easy to beat, and just because they are CPU's .. They get boring ALOT faster then a real person does.
i dont think you play the same game i do!! lol i find them annoyingly difficult to beat when on a high level!
mabey its because im not that good or mabey it because your talking 1vs1... but when theres more then one CPU to face theyre beasts because they just KEEP teaming up!

iProdigy101

Smash Apprentice
Because, honestly, i get beat by them, and the fact it doesen't provide a good practice for real opponents doesen't helps either.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
nothing really.
I enjoy crushing them.

"NASTY" cpu's anyone? haha.

Adetque

Smash Apprentice
Too fast reaction and how they footstool you at every possible time.

ChAlz

Smash Cadet
I just hate the fact that they aren't human. They don't adjust to your play style and you can use the same tricks on them over and over again. Also, your taunts mean nothing to them. >.<

GALE 14

Smash Journeyman
shield shield shield shield shield shield shield shield
i hate it
and they`re to easy

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The CPU is stupid. They have predictable recoveries. ie. Ness will only use pk thunder 2 when he is lvl 9 and he will only do it vertically. They gang up on you. They spam a whole ****load of techniques. ie. Ness (again) was pk firing me nonstop. They will always do the stupid thing. ie. When in warioware and the stay still minigame goes on and just then a final smash attack icon goes on. Instead of going for it they actually play the minigame. Or another thing is that in that one minigame they will stay still and not react to me grabbing them and KOing them. So all in all they have horrible AI. Enough said

.Marik

is a social misfit
They suck and simply aren't challenging.

Mindgames can't be applied to AI technology.

Ah well, 3-stocking them is still pretty lulzy.

At least they don't constantly shield and jab like they do in Melee, and they're a bit more realistic and rational.

Top Bottom