• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you like least about DDD?

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
From a standpoint of a DDD player, what's the one thing that really annoys you when you play him?

For me, it's the fact that they allowed multi-jumpers (anyone over the 2 standard jumps, don't know if this applies to 3-jumpers like Charizard) to turn around in the air if you hold the directional button when you jump.

As I'm sure everyone is, I like the bair much more than that fair, and I hate that when I try doing multiple bairs I have to let go of the directional button, jump, rehold the directional button, and press A. I guess I'm just used to DK in Melee... I hate that I'm about to pull off some great edgeguarding and then I turn around and start fairing, which has an awkward hitbox.

Thamoo

Smash Rookie
Losing the game because you threw a smash ball instead of a waddle in a no item match -_-

limitbreak

Smash Ace
If your close to a waddle dee/doo and press 'A', youll pick it up instead of attacking. Drives me crazy.

Kresent

Smash Cadet
If your close to a waddle dee/doo and press 'A', youll pick it up instead of attacking. Drives me crazy.

I'd have to agree there.

And I like how DeDeDe can turn around after every jump. It makes it a lot easier to choose which way you are attacking. I hate how with Toon Link, I cannot use the Bair after I ledgehop. But with DeDeDe, that's no problem.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Thamoo: You have to turn all items off.

I do hate accidentally throwing a minion when I try to use an A move...but most of all I hate the fact that he dosen't grab the ledge when he flies by it with his triple jump. You just glide down past the edge and he falls to his doom.

FlashGearz

Smash Apprentice
I have a few that arn't that big, but drive me crazy

1. Only good shuffle is back-air, nothing else does it well.
2. Amazingly slow Smashes
3. See patsies reason
4. Forward air has strange hit box, and can knock them back on stage

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I hate DeDeDe's facial expression during his Up-B. :laugh: But on a serious note, I dislike DeDeDe's neutral aerial because the hit box is only on his stomach and not in front or behind him. I suppose you could just RAR bair as an approach, but that can be punishable.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
i love ddd but the one thing im gonna have to say that i hate the most is the fact that if theres a waddle dee on the stage and im near it and i try to do an A attack ( smash, dash, neutral etc.) i end up picking up the waddle dee instead and throwing it even if its not really that close to me. X(

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
By far the turning around preventing easy spamming bair off the edge is the most annoying. I usually end up hitting them with the accidentally thrown waddle dee so I don't mind that.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Aside from hating the "Throw your waddle dee with A" Thing, I hate the fact that his DSmash has small range, and it always leaves me vulnerable against the annoying speed characters, especially that yellow rat that's known as Pikachu. This applies to those 3 space animals too.

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Huh. I have no problems with Dedede. Well, maybe besides the fact that I can't spam his taunts. :(

Oh, and uh, I'm not sharing my secrets about how to correctly use the Up-b recovery. That's for me to know, and for you to find out. :p
you mean by simply pressing the down button to cancel it so he can ledge grab, lol.

Drecker

Smash Ace
I hate DeDeDe's facial expression during his Up-B. :laugh: But on a serious note, I dislike DeDeDe's neutral aerial because the hit box is only on his stomach and not in front or behind him. I suppose you could just RAR bair as an approach, but that can be punishable.
Call me this weekend, Dbag.

L 17

Smash Apprentice
When he's coming back down to the ground during his up B, he always seems to go in some strange uncontrollable direction, sometimes straight off the edge.

Deuce

Smash Cadet
I dislike the Waddle pickup thing

and the lag on his D air if you hit the ground, easily punishable!

But other than that hes the cheese to my mac!

p.s. this is a comment on the game in general, I love it, but I really want L-canceling lol. Melee can keep its wavedash just gimmie some L cancel

Quondulen

Smash Cadet
Here's a list of my dislikes in order from greatest to least (some repeated):

1) The clunky-ness and predictability of his up B.
2) DDD's air game vs fast characters. I didn't think DDD was slow until my friend starting slaughtering me in the air with Sonic and Zero Suit Samus. I pretty much have to give the air to him and spam air dodge until I can get back onto the ground and bring DDD's power to bear.
3) Landing lag. I love DDD's down air but if I miss with that thing it gives my opponent a free hit.
4) Super slow side smash. I mained Sheik in melee and utilized her side smash a lot. It's been hard to break myself of the habit of using side smash. I do fake my friends out quit a bit though but it wont be too much longer before they train themselves to just wait it out and punish.
5) Forward Air. My frustration with its windup time is never-ending.
6) Grabbing a Waddle instead of doing an A attack.
7) Dash A (belly flop). Wind up times infuriate me. I used Sheik's dash A a lot as well. Another habit to break.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman

2) DDD's air game vs fast characters. I didn't think DDD was slow until my friend starting slaughtering me in the air with Sonic and Zero Suit Samus. I pretty much have to give the air to him and spam air dodge until I can get back onto the ground and bring DDD's power to bear.
3) Landing lag. I love DDD's down air but if I miss with that thing it gives my opponent a free hit.
4) Super slow side smash. I mained Sheik in melee and utilized her side smash a lot. It's been hard to break myself of the habit of using side smash. I do fake my friends out quit a bit though but it wont be too much longer before they train themselves to just wait it out and punish.
7) Dash A (belly flop). Wind up times infuriate me. I used Sheik's dash A a lot as well. Another habit to break.
A few of these are avoidable with practice though. Like you said. Some of them are just habits to break. (4 and 7)

3) Just do his Dair with a full hop instead of a short hop. Leaves you with little or no lag. And can still hit a standing opponent.
5) This is just practicing timing and spacing.

The waddle thing is annoying though -_-

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman

1) its the only thing that can balance out the massive vertial recovery
2) ddd needs to stay in the air vs falco and such, keep hovering & simultaneously use downair, you can just levitate with a constant Dair attack
3) same as two, you shouldnt land the dair on the ground, just stay above em!
4) its kinda like jigglypuffs rest from melee, so many situiations where it works, so many where it doesnt
5) Fair is great, you can fast fall while doing it and horribly **** people who cant predict it
6) yeah it sucks but ya gotta try to avoid standing around them
7) just like 4, only in the right circumstances.

if i were to pick one thing i hate about him, itd be...i dont know, hes just so perfect

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
The Waddle Pickup. And how terrible he is against Olimar. I didn't think it was possible for a single match-up to be so ridiculously one-sided. I seriously need a strategy against that little jerk. Worse yet, a LOT of my friends main Olimar.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Dedede is slow and quite predictable. You can easily stop his combos and you'd have to be pretty dumb to get hit by his f-smash (it's so slow that you should avoid it). Plus, he's a fast faller, which makes it easy for other fighters to juggle him around.

Top Bottom