• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you want to see that you haven't already?

Stev

Smash Ace
Whether it's a certain combo or playing mindgames on someone when the time is right, what do you want to see happen in a melee game that you haven't before?

Personally, I'd love to see fox dashdance -> waveshine(s) -> shine spike.

Also, if anyone can find videos of any of these things happening, that'd be cool too.

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
Well this is kinda off-topic i suppose but i would love to see the melee community get a new surge of popularity as i am joining it

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
Someone getting taunt-spiked in the grand finals of a large (like Event 52, Pound, etc) tournament and winning the whole thing because of that kill.

Grunt

Smash Master
DD to shine spike isn't exactly that hard, but wouldn't know where to find a clip.
Taunt spike to win a tourney would be amazing.

soap

Smash Hero
i wanna see foxes break shields with shines... it would be really dumb if people could do that consistently though.. think about it.

or if the shine hits before the break predict which one hits consistently and do a **** combo.

think about it, opponent shields, nair shine shine shine shine shine shine shine shine shine shine waveshine waveshine waveshine dsmash>edgehog>drillshine waveshine waveshine waveshine> usmash... EVERY STOCK. This game would be brutality, sad thing it almost already is, nair shine on shields is pretty solid but u can roll out at least, i dont think u can even sidestep perfect multishines.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i don't think with perfect jc shines it's possible to break shields if the opponent is smart although i may be wrong.

it still would be ****ing sexy.

i want to see sheik revolutionized in the same way fox, falco, and marth were revolutionized by a top level player. i want to see something stupidly amazing we've been missing appear for tons of characters.

also, powershielding physical moves with more characters. so far i've only seen pkm do it a lot but the things that you could do with some of the more awkward characters intrigue me. ics. powershield --> dash grab --> wobbles? powershield --> rest with jigglypuff? powershield --> shine bair with fox? the possibilities...

soap

Smash Hero
powershield>wobbles? rofl, powershield chaingrab with marth is pretty popular already.

i think scotus frame data showed that frame perfect jc shines are inescapable once they start on your shield. falcos may push u too far away, but they work against a wall.

i just wanna see someone do it consistently, the most ive seen on a shield was prosmasher tim from germany. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovxWM9ou-VU

zodiac did more empty like 22- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNMR8a0cfVM

i just wanna see someone do this in a tourney setting effectively, its what i think of when i think of fox potential, its unreal. The funny thing is i used to think the same things about pivots, i was like this **** is way too hard to do consistently and implement into my game, now i can do them 99% and use them in my game all the time for little things. pivoting is pretty underused as well, its such a versatile technique that isnt even very difficult.

But im not even saying to shieldbreak, thats a ways off, but controlled multishines, like 3 shines to a JC grab, then 4 shines to wavedash behind them utilt, 5 shines then just stop and follow their buffered roll, really master multishines and have control over how many u want to confuse peoples out of shield timing, if u can just do 2 and do only 2 everytime it loses meaning as its predictable. But fox has enough practical options already i guess, this is just the next level to me

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i heard you can di stuff in shield

if that's the case, you'd just di away and you'd take massive shield damage but you'd be okay and then roll or wd or whatever. never a shield break.

of course if you're at the edge like tim's opponent was, then yeah, you'd be pretty screwed. even if you just grab the ledge or something by fluke then you're on the ledge against fox :laugh:

and brain-****ing someone with variations of say 4 jc shines --> u-smash or 3 jc shines --> wd behind their shield and wait or whatever would be all sorts of lol

sadly fox players won't do this mostly because they have broken enough stuff already :laugh:

Geist

Smash Master
I want to see a Falcon walltech the side of Yoshi's story with a reverse falcon punch, land on randall the cloud and hit his opponent.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
When player 1-player I once did a flying Falcon Punch knowing full well I would not hit my opponent. For some reason a turtle shell had dropped beneath me (maybe he threw it or something? it was moving in the air, that's all I remember and I just happened to hit it exactly) and I was popped up and forward just enough to land the Falcon Punch and win the match. It was wicked epic.

Your post just reminded me of it ;3

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
@Soap. You can SDI while you are shielding. So if it ever gets to the point that Foxes are multishining frame perfectly on shields, people will learn to SDI out of shine range by the 3rd or 4th shine on reaction (I think it would only take like 1 or 2 SDIs to get completely out of range, even with moving JC shines).

But yes, it would indeed be crazy.

I want to see Marth players pivoting everything consistently, and crouching to cancel dashes...but immediately dashing afterwards so that they can pivot. Ridiculously fast 100% controllable spacing. Pivot sweetspotted uptilts tearing through other moves would just be so sexy. It's also a little more feasible than Frame perfect JC moving shines I think (pivoting is definitely easier on the fingers).

Also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCCcbuwdTKo
6 Falcon Punches. Too good?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i want to see sheik revolutionized in the same way fox, falco, and marth were revolutionized by a top level player. i want to see something stupidly amazing we've been missing appear for tons of characters.
NO OH GOD NO.

Sheik was like, pre-revolutionized for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6s1NgfR9bQ&feature=related

that answers that. but again pushing the limits of feasibility.
Holy crap, that's a cool video.

Who made it?

soap

Smash Hero
ive gotten to the point of almost 100% pivot success with all my characters, utilt is hard though, cuz i use the DA dash reset method, it takes a split sec to utilt.

Its not really something u can spam though like running away fsmash repeatedly that doesnt work too long, but its really nice being able to do whatever u want out of a dash dance or dash forward.

and im pretty sure u cant shield DI foxes like u can falcos, falcos has more stun and more time to DI. and 3+4 shines on command is like the max ud need i think to be really effective mixup

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
ive gotten to the point of almost 100% pivot success with all my characters, utilt is hard though, cuz i use the DA dash reset method, it takes a split sec to utilt.
Well, I still can't pivot tilts consistantly (which is really what I wanted in the first place...grr).

I just think it would be amazing for Marth to just be able to pivot uptilt you out of everything you try to do on reaction. But if we're talking about humanly feasible stuff, then I guess that's out of the question (some things are literally to fast to react to.)

and im pretty sure u cant shield DI foxes like u can falcos, falcos has more stun and more time to DI. and 3+4 shines on command is like the max ud need i think to be really effective mixup
They have the same amount of shield hitstun don't they? I know that Fox does his shines faster, but SDIing them would be pretty much the same. You'd just tap away everytime that Fox shines. The timing seems feasible since you'd know the rhythm for it (assuming it becomes mainstream).

Really, I just want to see SDI used more in general. Right now players make very little use of it, even when they know a move is comming. Why does nobody SDI on Falcon's knee combos to help them live longer, or SDI Marth's uptilt when their getting juggled, ect? People are starting to SDI Fox's uair combos, but it's still so inconsistent.

soap

Smash Hero
I just think it would be amazing for Marth to just be able to pivot uptilt you out of everything you try to do on reaction. But if we're talking about humanly feasible stuff, then I guess that's out of the question (some things are literally to fast to react to.)
ive tried doing exactly that, it doesnt work like that though, they will not continously run into it.

best marth use ive found is dashing in then back to bait a sidestep then dtilt/fsmashing

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
ive tried doing exactly that, it doesnt work like that though, they will not continously run into it.

best marth use ive found is dashing in then back to bait a sidestep then dtilt/fsmashing
I mean like if Fox or Falcon is comming in with an aerial or something. It only works on approaching opponents. The point is to use it against opponents who are already committed to an action.

You can condition them to approach you by simply shield pressuring them with spaced d-tilts and fairs. Eventually they get aggrivated and try to stop your zoning by applying pressure themselves (or camping, but camping doesn't work that well unless it's Falco's lasers, which only works a little bit)

Or you could purposefully mispace a fair and then pivot and uptilt when they try to shieldgrab you.

Smash Journeyman
Ledgetech to walljump to misfire, ledgetech to jump to knee, scar jump as Falco to shine to bair or dair on YS, platform canceled dair to utilt as Ganon, anyone that can walljump getting sent beneath the center of BF with a second stalling the match by walljumping below the stage, and Falco or Fox getting sent into a position from which they cannot recover on Green Greens and KOing their opponent who is taunting by detonating one of the bombs with a laser.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^That was awesome. Now if only people did that consistently. I'm gonna start practicing that (note to self, SDI down to avoid knee).

rhan

Smash Hero
I wanna see 1 Samus SWD right while the other SWDs to the left and they both hit a Marth with a F-SMash at the same time.

In theory, the GC will explode.

Top Bottom