• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does your SB name mean?

Foshy

Smash Apprentice
When i was 9 or something, me and my friends were big yoshi fans and everyone had a Yoshi name, mine was Foshi. Later, i used this name for everything and with the time i changed the i in y, don't remeber why.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
The Naked part is for my Brawl name, and Dedede is my main so yeah. Pretty obvious.

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
plazma is a type of energy, ness uses mainly energy attacks and his down b looks sorta like one of those plasma globes. I choose to use a z in plazma because its cool

Adapt

Smash Lord
I'm a big Green-White guy myself. But the new set kinda ruined the game for me.

I haven't played in a number of years (my last set was 8th edition i think, maybe the starter for the next block after 8th came out)

I just got too busy with university and work

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
SEE BOTTOM LINE FOR SUMMARY OF THIS LONG STORY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT, BUT I HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT YOU DO!

5 years ago I played Yugioh. The original show was great and it only improved as new episodes rolled in on Saturday mornings. It was at this time when Toonami on Cartoon Network shifted from its daily anime routine to its weekend non-anime/fake anime routine. Thus, my "soap opera" cartoons were found on the Saturday morning WB lineup, the last typical good quality Saturday morning cartoon sequence.

Yugioh was by far my favorite of this lineup, and I was attracted to learning the card game, which I did VERY well with the help of the OFFICIAL games programmed to operate by OFFICIAL tournament rules (I emphasize this because in a tournament I played in so many years ago, the event sponsorer didn't believe me when I stressed that the game's rules were tournament regulation...w/e).

Along with my obsession with the cardgame (which costed @$$-loads of money), I bought many hand-held games made by konami, tournament or non-tournament. A particularly unique game, Dark Duel Stories, made itself different because it had weird rules that seemed to me to almost be glitches. It was nothing like the real game, but it was fun. Moreover, there was this random character whom I never saw in the series; his name was Darknite.

This name perplexed me. Why was "nite" spelled in such a way? For me, it created a special sort of ambiguity deriving from a pun that could mean Knight or Night, depending on if the "k" was to be used once or twice. Both meaning would fit well with this character, because he was dressed in armor, and he was an evil/antagonist character.

I first created my name while playing Starcraft. I had recently joined a Clan (that died a few months later; RIP [Zx]). My original name on SC was Krakilzu (Crack kills you; made it 12 years ago), but I had to add [Zx] to the end of it to be recognized. After considering my options for a suave and unique name, I decided on CrystalNite[Zx]. Thus, my first use of this name originally had [Zx] attached (I think it means Zerg Extreme, not sure tho). After I started not seeing my clan members and our clan leader's account was haxxed, I decided to keep the name without the tag. CRYSTALNITE WAS REBORN!

But we have left questions unsolved: how does Darknite-->CrystalNite?
-Well, I didn't want to just steal the name, first of all. Secondly, my older cousin, who introduced me to SC, had an account named SapphireDragon1. We wanted to make our own group, so I made an account CrystalDragon1. "Crystal" ended up being my jewel prefix, so it stuck. Moreover, I'm not such a dark person; I'm more luminous.

In summation, CrystalNite was originally a name I used on Starcraft. It is a mix of a personal choice of precious metal, a YuGiOh VG character, and an ambiguous conundrum.

Tokerella

Smash Apprentice
Yugioh was by far my favorite of this lineup, and I was attracted to learning the card game, which I did VERY well with the help of the OFFICIAL games programmed to operate by OFFICIAL tournament rules (I emphasize this because in a tournament I played in so many years ago, the event sponsorer didn't believe me when I stressed that the game's rules were tournament regulation...w/e).

Along with my obsession with the cardgame (which costed @$$-loads of money), I bought many hand-held games made by konami, tournament or non-tournament. A particularly unique game, Dark Duel Stories, made itself different because it had weird rules that seemed to me to almost be glitches. It was nothing like the real game, but it was fun. Moreover, there was this random character whom I never saw in the series; his name was Darknite.
nimble momonga + solemn wishes

maha vailo + axe of despair

sinister serpent + dark door

FTW

edit:
I got my name from my hobby of solving teen pregnancies.
my cubicles echoing with laughter

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
SEE BOTTOM LINE FOR SUMMARY OF THIS LONG STORY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT, BUT I HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT YOU DO!

5 years ago I played Yugioh. The original show was great and it only improved as new episodes rolled in on Saturday mornings. It was at this time when Toonami on Cartoon Network shifted from its daily anime routine to its weekend non-anime/fake anime routine. Thus, my "soap opera" cartoons were found on the Saturday morning WB lineup, the last typical good quality Saturday morning cartoon sequence.

This name perplexed me. Why was "nite" spelled in such a way? For me, it created a special sort of ambiguity deriving from a pun that could mean Knight or Night, depending on if the "k" was to be used once or twice. Both meaning would fit well with this character, because he was dressed in armor, and he was an evil/antagonist character.
I lived for WB's Saturday morning cartoon line-up when I was a kid! I loved Yugioh the most (even though it had nothing to do with the actual rules of the card game). I also had Dark Duel Stories. The cards that came with it are actually worth a lot of money now.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Deviantart: do a search for "Get Ready to..." or "Get Ready to brawl".

XACE-K

Smash Master
I picked 5 random letters and the minus sign. As for why the letters are in uppercase, I don't know.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
I've always liked the name Cecil. Ever since I played Final Fantasy 4 on the SNES back when I was little. Seems heroic to me. The rest of the name comes from the word miscellaneous.

I guess it translates to a "Diverse Hero".

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
The story of FallenAngelII/Yuna:
I used the nickname FallenAngelII for several years (like, 4) before being given the nickname Yuna. I still use FallenAngelII for forums/sites where Yuna is already taken or far too common (as in any variation of Yuna would just bleed into the one jillion other Yunas already present). I sometimes go by FAII, the shortened form of FallenAngelII when I'm too lazy to type out the entire nickname at registration.

How I got the nickname FallenAngelII:
I originally had no nickname when going online. But then I registered for my very first discussion forum and needed a nickname. I'd always liked how angels look but I wasn't a Christian nor was I very "pure" from a Christian viewpoint (being gay whatnot), so I was obviously a Fallen Angel. But low and behold, there already existed a Fallen Angel (two words) on that forum.

At that time, I was quasi-obsessed with Roman and Greek mythology because I just liked their flawed gods and demi-gods (and also, Xena) and I thought Fallen Angel 2 would just look weird so I went with FallenAngelII (one word). And it kinda stuck.

Only on Deviantart, there already was a FallenAngelII (that *******!). So I had to "upgrade" to FallenAngelIII. FallenAngelII found it funny that there were now three of us and made me an avatar.

How I got the nickname Yuna:
A few years after gaining my first nickname (by choice), I went to my first anime convention. I had liked anime for a long time (since before even getting a nickname as the forum I joined was a forum devoted to Neon Genesis Evangelion) and this was apparently the 3rd large anime convention to be held in Sweden (and 2nd in a series of 3). I would've gone to its predecessers had I known but I didn't.

Funny story about how I found out about it:
I was sitting in one of my school's many computer labs and reading illegally downloaded manga (muahahahaha) when this guy approached me and said he liked manga too and suggested I join this newly formed club at school with him, a club devoted to anime, manga and just Japan in general (cheesy, I know, but I was in high school! Also, back then, Japanese culture, not so big yet). It was through this club that I found out that there were actually anime conventions in Sweden.

So, anyway, for my first convention, which I found about only a week or so before it was to be held, I decided to go nuts. "Hey, what's that funny thing I've seen pics of people doing online? Cosplaying! Let's do that!". I had just bought my friend's PS2 earlier that summer mainly to play Final Fantasy games and had just finished Final Fantasy X. "What should I go as? I know, Yuna!". Because it'd be fun and crazy and **** (and also, I'm a guy).

So I went and had a blast and people thought it was a cool as, apparently, I was the first crossplayer in Swedish anime convention history (even though my costume was obvious **** as I just used some sheets, some cheap fabric, some old boots and cobbled it all together to form a ghetto-ish cosplay). And I made friends for life and they all started calling me Yuna and it just stuck.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Do I even need to say anything? I originally had a really long post about how I made my name, but then I deleted it all because I thought it was stupid and I was sharing personal information. So I kinda just wasted an hour of typing. So this is all you guys get. Sucks for both you and me.
Five bucks says somebody quotes this and says orly?

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
Do I even need to say anything? I originally had a really long post about how I made my name, but then I deleted it all because I thought it was stupid and I was sharing personal information. So I kinda just wasted an hour of typing. So this is all you guys get. Sucks for both you and me.
Five bucks says somebody quotes this and says orly?
orly??????

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
A plasmid is an extra-chromosomal DNA molecule separate from the chromosomal DNA which is capable of replicating independently of the chromosomal DNA.

Copied straight from Wikipedia. Actually however I have been working on developing a character which I plan to put in a game (I make flash games) for a while now (if I ever get around to it so don't count on it).
Anything beyond that would be revealing a little more than I would want people to know yet. But the name plasmid kinda fits for it, even though I just liked the sound of "plasmid" when I chose the name.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
UltiMario is from a Powerup I made up for Mario, Mario goes "SuperSonic" and weilds the Star Rod

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
My name is just a cool word. And its great for hangman.

It was probably influenced some by FFX, though (that was what I was playing when I joined)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Majora has been my username everywhere I have ever registered. The older registrations are all just Majora while the more recent ones are Majora787.

My name is Majora because Majora's Mask was what I considered the hardest LoZ game I had ever played. Not because of bosses, because of time limits. Majora's Wrath was my favorite boss, but I figured that Majora's Wrath was the true form of Majora. When I first joined a forum called Zelda Connection (DON'T join it, it's a bunch of prejudiced jerks.) I went by Majora.

The 787 came from this small thing where my friends and I played this melee thing we made up called Lottery. I made the mistake of leaving an 8 in the deck of cards, even though I was supposed to have 1-7 and nothing more. So I got a 7-8-7 even thought he max is 7-7-7. I still won the jackpot and I added 787 to my username.

So it's pretty much a mixture of my favorite demon boss and a really bizarre and unforgettable accident involving super smash bros.

Other names I had used prior to that, which are ANCIENT and not even considered anymore, are: Zeypher, W.W.G.O., Diety of Gaming, and RedeadTamer.

I would explain those but they aren't my username. XD

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
My name is the combination of my favorite character Pit's last name, and the the SSE video "Pit's Descent".
And combining that makes "Icarus Descent", but you must pronounce it (Eye-Carus,not Ick-Carus) I don't like Ick-Carus, but they both are ok.

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
I used to listen to Eminem a lot and actually rap a little bit like a year ago. Eminem particularly because his later songs actually have substance to it instead of "Let's hit sum hoez" themes to it. I came across a song he made called "Like Toy Soldiers" (really good song too, go listen to it), and I think the name really fit my main too, which was Young Link. Young Link's playstyle revolved heavily around his projectiles which one could refer to as his toys especially since he's a kid. And he's a soldier because he fights and has a sword and shield. A Midievil definition of a soldier. I added a z because I think the name was taken already and it just looked cooler.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Kitsune and neko means "fox" and "cat" in japan, respectively. Both are considered intelligent. "345" refers to a basic theorem in geometry courses. I don't remember how to spell it out, but the formula is x^2+y^2=z^2 (x=3, y=4, z=5) and other combos include 5-12-13, 8-15-17, and 20-21-29.

Also, I like the ring to it.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Kalm, one of the characters of the fiction I'm writing. He's one of the villains, though not one of the most important ones. I feel he represents an interesting type of character, nonetheless.

I used the name Kalm on WoW for my first character, a NE Druid, just for the heck of it. It became my other nickname. I made it into my new Brawl name due to the letter count limitations. I wanted to keep my forum name the same as that.

The End.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Asaph is a real name that means 'the collector'. I'm part of a smash crew called The Reaper's Fear, and I like to think of my smash tag as the Reaper, the Harvester of souls, or, the Collector: Asaph. Plus, Asaph is a name I'm using in novel I'm writing, and the character's a bad***. Therefor, Asaph seemed worthy.

Top Bottom