• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What don't you like about Brawl so far?

Stryks

Smash Hero
So? what do you want a fighthing that has ONLY the gameplay, and nothing else? thats just fail, sure the stickers aint exactly thrilling, but it will make brawl lasting appeal far longer, which is a + in ANY game...

let me guess you hate trophies too? *sigh*

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
WiFi's obviously a little lacking, as is typical of Nintendo. I'm still gonna have fun with it. Also, fighting people anonymously WON'T be like fighting bots, because they're humans. No matter how good bots are, they aren't human. At least not...yet.

greenblob

Smash Lord
It seems like there won't be any sort of tournament-style setting for random online matches, which means that online probably won't be that good.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I didn't care for the stickers since they were the least interesting. Other than that, everything's great for Brawl.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Not a big fan of the whole damage display. Way too bulky. Everything else looks great otherwise, from the graphics to the characters. I don't like the fact that Wi-Fi doesn't keep track of scores though.

I think I'm going to keep track on my own just so I know my win ratio. Maybe take a picture of the results of every match so I have proof.

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
DK's final smash. I had hoped for some sort of barrel/gorilla fury madness or something. But BONGOS?!?!

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Not a big fan of the whole damage display. Way too bulky. Everything else looks great otherwise, from the graphics to the characters. I don't like the fact that Wi-Fi doesn't keep track of scores though.

I think I'm going to keep track on my own just so I know my win ratio. Maybe take a picture of the results of every match so I have proof.

Is that really necessary? Isn't it a little obsessive?

Frica

Smash Cadet
The only thing I dislike so far is the fact that Goroh isn't playable. Other than that minor gripe, everything is perfect!

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Falcon not confirmed, I'm no fanboy or something but Sakurai needs to update a profile of him really soon!
Also, I don't see why people think the music must be epic, just to hear Kid Icarus' Underworld theme makes me think back of the hard times the Grim Reaper gave me...
Also, Ridley not confirmed yet, I want him in so bad...
The stickers are a bit dumb if you look at them, but I know, and you know, that we Smash players will love em' and trade em' and stuff.
Also, no online tourney-mode, it sucks, also I'd like to keep a track of my win/lose stats and points, it's always nice to have some feedback.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Assist Trophy... My feeling for it is "urg"...

That and maybe Captain Falcon still has not given his own update... Maybe they are trying to make him more sexy or "Too good for Isai to handle"...

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
hmmm.............Im gonna Say it's Pits FS: Palutena's Army...It just doesnt look powerful seeing as how Ike blocked one of the Angels........I mean when it showed a giant version of Palutena I was like :D....but then when I saw the gnome ppl I was then T__________T........but maybe it will be powerful even though its not flashy...here's to hoping....

Finn Macool

Smash Apprentice
The fact that there is no release date for it in Australia yet,
when will the gaming drought end

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
the only ting i dont like is 8-Bit sprites AT

i used to look forward to an AT update till those were confirmed

The only thing I agree with is the no online rankings. If super Mario Strikers: Charged has it, why not smash? but as for the rest of you that are complaining about items and aesthetic value, chill out. if you were real smashers, you'd only care about the rest of the levels and characters and how the physics will be. Every1 seems to keep forgetting that we DONT USE ITEMS if we're real smash bros and who cares what avatars and damage meters look like? they don't affect your characters physics, power, or actual appearance.

The only thing I'd like to ask is that someone explain what you mean by freeze frames, for this seems like a legitimate complaint for high level play
real smash is play whit item on

Frogla

Smash Ace
The only thing I agree with is the no online rankings. If super Mario Strikers: Charged has it, why not smash? but as for the rest of you that are complaining about items and aesthetic value, chill out. if you were real smashers, you'd only care about the rest of the levels and characters and how the physics will be. Every1 seems to keep forgetting that we DONT USE ITEMS if we're real smash bros and who cares what avatars and damage meters look like? they don't affect your characters physics, power, or actual appearance.

The only thing I'd like to ask is that someone explain what you mean by freeze frames, for this seems like a legitimate complaint for high level play
Get off your high horse, just because some people play with items who are you to judge that there not real smashers.

On Topic
Game looks good by the way

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
Voice chat. It should **** well be in Brawl. C'mon, welcome to the year 2000 Nintendo.

Smash Ace
that'll probabl be about 2 weeks before ours, revealed at E for all.

the only thing I don't like is Lyn as an AT, and that Doc and Roy haven't been revelaed.

darkNES386

Smash Lord

the only thing I don't like is Lyn as an AT, and that Doc and Roy haven't been revelaed.
I wouldn't worry too much about Roy and Doctor Mario not being revealed. It has been discussed that Dr. Mario may be a costume change of Mario. As for Roy... notice marth, mewtwo, game and watch, falco, young link, .... all the characters that you had to unlock in melee (+ the original 4 unlockables: luigi, jigglypuff, luigi, cpt Falcon) have not been revealed.

What am I dissapointed about though to answer the actual question: The release date.

Max780

Smash Apprentice
That's one thing the Graphics are turning out better then(I) expected.

Edit:

~What Don't you like?

Nothing well if I had to choose Stickers! what's the point?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord

I really hope so...because if America gets it first then Japann...Sakurai's probably gonna make a sick little joke by adding more stuff (Characters, Stages) that are only in the JP version.......and I will forver disrespect the man....:(

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am not a big fan of items. I never play them at home and I'm all for tourney rules. They make it easier for me to work on my skills. The only item I think I'd turn on is final smash, but even then I probably won't. I'm too stuck on how melee tourney rules were to play anything different. But I know for the first while I will try items out.

I'm pretty sure I won't use them very much.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Well, of what is known so far of the game, I'm not really disappointed by any of it so far, but I don't that Lucario still hasn't been confirmed yet, it's been way too long, and if he isn't in it, than that'll be just wrong.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I dont like that theres no confirmation of alternate costumes yet. Costumes are staples of recent fighting games, and smash shouldn't be any different.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
~What Don't you like?

Nothing well if I had to choose Stickers! what's the point?[/QUOTE]

1. it just for more collectible.
2.wel...maybe there's some stuff that wouldnt fit as a tropy XDDD IDK really...

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
Well, of what is known so far of the game, I'm not really disappointed by any of it so far, but I don't that Lucario still hasn't been confirmed yet, it's been way too long, and if he isn't in it, than that'll be just wrong.
If he is in, they'll likely leave him hidden until release. I get the impression that they don't want to show favoritism toward any series with pre-release information. Pokémon already has two characters confirmed (with one representing three species of Pokémon and a human protagonist), a stage, a song, and several Poké Ball Pokémon.

Then again, Mario has three characters confirmed--but they're all important to Nintendo's "main franchise" and are all veterans. Not to mention a couple of baddies shown as Assist Trophies and SE enemies.

Whatever.

On topic: I dislike that we have to collect CDs to unlock songs. I'm a big fan of Smash music, and I don't think it's necessary to make us work to be able to play it.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
On topic: I dislike that we have to collect CDs to unlock songs. I'm a big fan of Smash music, and I don't think it's necessary to make us work to be able to play it.
hey...as long as Sakurai is not going to make us go through things such as "Defeat the Ancient Minister on Intense in under 30 seconds!!!" just to get one song...it really not bad..besides there easy to get too

Lesheik

Smash Lord
The Damage Counters are awesome! What're you guys talking about? It looks great, you just have to get used to it.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
That question is really hard to answer....

I'm saying online play, because we haven't heard much about it at all.

Online multiplayer for SSBB would be GOD LIKE if implemented properly. And right now I doubt they will implement it properly.

There should be stat tracking, which would show your k/d ratio, w/l ratio, favorite weapons, favorite characters, etc.

Customs games and matchmaking.

Other misc. let downs:

Return of ice climbers. wtf
Falco not yet being announced
THE DELAY

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I would have to say the stages for the most part it's all fine and dandy to have changing stages but i would like a few that just stay the same so you can just have a good match on them rather than having to concentrate on the stage as well we need a few like hyrule temple corneria etc...

darkNES386

Smash Lord
That question is really hard to answer....

I'm saying online play, because we haven't heard much about it at all.

Online multiplayer for SSBB would be GOD LIKE if implemented properly. And right now I doubt they will implement it properly.

There should be stat tracking, which would show your k/d ratio, w/l ratio, favorite weapons, favorite characters, etc.

Customs games and matchmaking.

Other misc. let downs:

Return of ice climbers. wtf
Falco not yet being announced
THE DELAY
I'm not a big fan of people who complain about the online features... However, I have nothing against stats being recorded for your self. They may even do this, but stop there. No leaderboard or anything. IF THEY DID ANYTHING LIKE THAT... do a ranking system where you get experience based on how many win/losses you have where beating people with a better win/loss (experience) ratio gives you more experience... then have you go up against other people who randomly are at about your level. This would of course may require more than the simple WFC connection, I wouldn't know... but if you're expecing something like MSC... I think you're missing the point of SmashBros... go to a tournament in person if you really want to make a name of yourself and your brawl skillz

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
I'm not a big fan of people who complain about the online features... However, I have nothing against stats being recorded for your self. They may even do this, but stop there. No leaderboard or anything. IF THEY DID ANYTHING LIKE THAT... do a ranking system where you get experience based on how many win/losses you have where beating people with a better win/loss (experience) ratio gives you more experience... then have you go up against other people who randomly are at about your level. This would of course may require more than the simple WFC connection, I wouldn't know... but if you're expecing something like MSC... I think you're missing the point of SmashBros... go to a tournament in person if you really want to make a name of yourself and your brawl skillz
I'm not trying to make a name for myself, just want the Smash Bros series to get with the times. I used to be skeptical of the importance of online stat tracking until I actually played games that have the feature.

Once you've played online games on the PS3 and xbox360, its frustrating to hear that SSBB will not have much in the online department.

The Super Smash bros series is one of the greatest multiplayer series ever... And well I thought it was a given that brawl would have the online basics.

Mama

Smash Ace
I'm not trying to make a name for myself, just want the Smash Bros series to get with the times. I used to be skeptical of the importance of online stat tracking until I actually played games that have the feature.

Once you've played online games on the PS3 and xbox360, its frustrating to hear that SSBB will not have much in the online department.

The Super Smash bros series is one of the greatest multiplayer series ever... And well I thought it was a given that brawl would have the online basics.
I'm fine with what they've announced so far. Fighting online is enough for me but stat tracking would be sort of nice. Or maybe keep track on the system memory and give you the option to share it online.

I've played games online (a lot and currently playing an MMO called RF online) and I'm definitely not a fan of voice chat...thats my biggest turn off. A bunch of people whooping and droning on about lame crap. Like just yesterday we set up a team play match in Halo 3 and as soon as the match starts all I hear is "We're a couple of drunk dudes whooo! blah blah"

While I know you're not talking about VC I'm just saying that online play isn't the greatest thing ever nor is it a necessity for multi player games. Keep things simple in this case. As long as we can fight specific people or random people (and have a choice between the two) I'm pleased and anything else is just a bonus.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
I agree with your sentiment on mics... People are annoying as hell online.. Except actual friends & clan members. SSBB online would have a TON of complainers with mic support. "omg item wh0re!!"

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I agree with your sentiment on mics... People are annoying as hell online.. Except actual friends & clan members. SSBB online would have a TON of complainers with mic support. "omg item wh0re!!"
See the underlined bits of text...

That's why there's a mute button, kids.

Seriously, though, I don't have any complaints about Brawl. Why?

Because the game isn't even out yet.

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom