• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What enemies would you like to face in the story mode?

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Assumed there will be some enemies invented just for the game, what enemies from the various franchises would you like to face in the story mode?
This include both troopers and bosses.

cloud9

Smash Cadet
A boss from Pikmin, like a Beady Long Legs or an Emperor Bulblax would be good, and I would also like to see some Kirby enemies.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Well, I'd like a fair few mario bosses from 64 and party 9, I'm hoping for a longer story mode this time, the other one was too short. In order of want:
King Boo (if not playable)
Big bob-omb
Chain Chomp
Goomboss
Whomp.

I'd also love a bulborb as a boss :troll:
How about a giant jigglypuff! The terror! :troll:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Enemy inputs that I have had include...

[collapse=List]Super Mario
Goomba
Paragoomba
Grand Goomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Paratroopa
Buzzy Beetle
Hammer Bros.
Boomerang Bros.
Fire Bros.
Ice Bros.
Piranha Plant
Bob-omb
Lakitu
Spiny
Pokey
Cheep Cheep
Blooper
Dry Bones
Thwomp
Magikoopa
Boo
Podoboo
Bone Dragon
Blargg
Gargantua Blargg
Bullet Bill
Missile Bill
Banzai Bill
King Bill

Donkey Kong
Kritter
Krash
Mini-Necky
Necky
Klaptrap
Nibbla
Tiki Goon
Tiki Doom
Tiki Buzz
Flaming Tiki Buzz
Tiki Tank
Screaming Pillar
Char-char
Squiddicus

The Legend of Zelda
Bokoblin
Moblin
Lizalfos
Dinolfos
Aeralfos
Stalfos
Chilfos
ReDead
ReDead Knight

Metroid
Space Pirate
Pirate Trooper
Pirate Grenadier
Pirate Commando

Kirby
Waddle Dee
Waddle Doo
Bronto Burt
Gordo
Bouncy
Sister Bound
Scarfy
Knuckle Joe
Poppy Bros. Jr.
Squishy
Chilly
Burnin' Leo
TAC
Blade Knight
Sir Kibble
Plasma Wisp

EarthBound / Mother
Pig King Statue
Pigmask
Pigmask Captain
Pigmask Major
Pigmask Colonel
Porky-Bot

Ice Climber
Topi
Polar Bear

Kid Icarus
Monoeye
Mick
Specknose
Monomiknose
Reaper
Reapette
Fire Wyrm
Snowman

Pikmin
Red Bulborb
Orange Bulborb
Fiery Bulblax
Bulborb Larva

Mid-bosses
Boom Boom
Darknut
Pirate Commander
Bonkers
Fierce Pork Trooper
Eggplant Wizard
Mature Red Bulborb
Konk[/collapse]

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
Enemies from the games being crossed over as opposed to all those dumb subspace things. The enemies could be Bowser's assorted minions, Ganondorf's assorted minions, King Dedede's assorted minions, kremlings, space pirates & metroids, the Underworld Army, etc. The Hands can be the final bosses.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
ENEMIES:

Waddle Dee's & Doo's (Enemies) (Kirby)
Koopa Troopas (Enemies) (Mario)
Goomba's (Enemies) (Mario)
Zubat/Golbat (Enemies) (Pokemon)
Boo's (Enemies) (Mario)
Kremlings (Enemies) (Donkey Kong)
Servbot (Enemies) (Megaman)
Grocks (Enemies) (Dillion's Rolling Western)
BRING BACK REDEAD'S!! (Enemies) (Legend of Zelda)
Poe's (Enemies) (Legend of Zelda)
Pac-man ghosts (Enemies) (Pac-Man)

BOSSES:
Mega Grock (Boss) (Dillion's Rolling Western)
Mother Brain (Boss) (Metroid Prime)
Kraid (Boss) (Metroid Prime)
King Boo (Boss) (Mario)
Andross (Boss) (Starfox)
Dr. Eggman/Robotnik (Boss) (Sonic the Hedgehog)

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
The final boss should be
you, using the picture it asked you to take for your save file

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The enemies I want to fight are the common enemies of every series with a playable character (plus a few other series).

However, the one enemy I would love to fight are various types of Boos. I would love a Boo-based Castle or House level in Smash. That seems like "a match made in Heaven."

Edit: Wrong, your feet will be the final boss. Your Master Foot and Your Crazy Foot > Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Having to face Rocket Grunts using stereotypical Rocket Pokemon would be a nice touch for a Pokemon level, in my opinion.

Hmmm...most of the other things I want have already been said. For more Pikmin enemies, the Burrowing Snagrets could be cool.

Oh, and Funton or Snowman from Mole Mania as bosses. :cool:

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
story mode should basically be a tournament imo, so enemies should be other fighters. If they do go through with a story mode it should be common enemies from the games. Waddle Dee's, Bulborbs, goombas, octorks ect.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I would accept some subspace return only where it fits,like Fisheyes where you can find Waddle Doos and Moneyes,but the subspace got destroyed and that is unlikely.

I would like King Boo or something from Luigi's Mansion.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Opossum the Awesome
Here is everybody's reaction to the first line of your post. (don't lie and say you didn't do this)

Seriously, Rocket Grunts, possibly with various Pokémon (various normal, poison, rock, and ground type Pokémon) would be KILLER!!!

Also, I thought of an enemy I would like to see: Metal Gears. I don't care if its' Gekko, Ray, or Rex's (whether as common enemies or bosses), I want Metal Gears to battle, possibly with a chase level, the ability to sneak around and get kills, loads of explosives and weapons (by each Metal Gear), and loads of Metal Gear references.
What about your eyes. Your right eye and your left eye, staring at you. Oh god, I've just made myself paranoid by typing this.
Smash Bros is about punching and jumping, not starring.

Still, the strongest part of the human body that could be used would be a certain part of the male and female body (because of the ability to use long-range projectiles!). :awesome:

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
lol why so he could lick every Peach player out there? Like seriously people would just main Peach, Zelda, & Samus in Adventure mode just to get a good laugh out of it..

Oh god, all I saw, just now in my head was Rule 34 concepts everywhere of that, yuck

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Buy me a Wacom tablet and we have a deal, Mudkipz.

I'd like to see enemies from any of the Mario RPGS make a return. Especially from Super Mario RPG. I hope they make some effort kicking Square Enix in the copyright enough so that we get some SMRPG love somewhere in the game.

:phone:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I am surprised nobody has mentioned Wart from Super Mario Bros. 2. I do not know why, but I would absolutely love to have him as a major antagonist in the next Smash Bros. story mode. Him, and maybe Medeus, the earth dragon from Marth's first game, Fire Emblem: Ankokuryuu to Hikari no Ken/Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light. Lastly, Kyurem from Pokemon Black/White Version might make a decent boss.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Personally I would like to have The Moon of Majora's Mask as boss. splitting it half, and splitting each half in half again, and splitting each half in half again, and splitting each half in half again, and splitting each half in half again...
See Asteroids and Pang!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Personally I would like to have The Moon of Majora's Mask as boss. splitting it half, and splitting each half in half again, and splitting each half in half again, and splitting each half in half again, and splitting each half in half again...
See Asteroids and Pang!
Yikes.
It would be devastating to uh... the planet that they're on... if The Moon was split...
I don't know, something about that seems rather...
Well, the Moon seems REALLY REALLY happy! :C

It would be cool as a stage though. Or a setting. Attacking the moon, eventually going inside the moon, to fight Majora as a story mode boss :D

jigglover

Smash Lord
Phantamanta! From super mario sunshine! The first level on the hotel area has you fighting Phantamanta, which splits many times if you squirt it, or in this case, smash it. I'd love it!

yani

Smash Lord
I want Donkey Kong enemies. Kritters, Klaptraps, Klumps, Krushas, Zingers, Tikis

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Zingers would be freaking awesome! Also, those Kremling troops with the big bellies, and maybe those blue thug guys from Donkey Kong 64, too. :shades:
Some Kirby enemies would be nice.
You know, that would be nice. I don't know why we overlooked that. This could and would work seamlessly, since smash is very similar to Kirby's platform-styled gameplay.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
To Kirby and Mario's platform style of gameplay. :p
More Kirby's style.
Kirby platformers have shields and bare a striking similarity to smash games to a degree. You know, considering Sakurai's involvement in both series and the variable moves and such.

Mario's platformers don't resemble it as much. Run, jump, shoot fireballs occasionally, and whatever powerups the newer series have added. Not very smashy.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I want Donkey Kong enemies. Kritters, Klaptraps, Klumps, Krushas, Zingers, Tikis

And Manky Kong!
I had a dream were he was piloting a giant gorilla made of wood and metal stripes.
The underarms were substabtially two barrels with punches. And even the head was nothing but a barrel with a kong face and Manky Cockpit on the top.
It was pratically unapproachable by body and if you didn't have energy attack the only choice was to break the barrel it was throwing at you (after he produced it from its chest) and use the items inside. As long as it was taking damage it was starting flaming (it was made of wood, remember?) making any body contact even more fatal.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Metal Mario
Giant DK
Fighting Polygon Team

Make 'em return!
Metal Mario and Giant Donkey Kong are no longer considered non-playable, since you can now play as Metal Mario and Giant Donkey Kong temporarily by having Mario and Donkey Kong grab a Metal Box and Super Mushroom respectively.

Of course, Smash 4 could always implement extra Special Mode options so that player one is always metallic, while player two is always giant-sized.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, I would love to fight an Arwing/Wolfen(esk?) ship. Maybe while navigating on space junk and other ships to reach a certain carrier spaceship. That would be pretty freaking sweet-for a level, atmosphere, and even enemies to fight!!!

Also, giant robots. I don't care if it's from Mario, Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero, Sonic, Mega Man, etc., I want to fight AWESOME GIANT ROBOTS!!! :grin:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nintendo should actually consider adding some more retro enemies like the Topis/Seals and Polar Bears for once. Some that would be great would be Ninjas, Iggys, Tengu, Theifs, Monoeyes, Reapers, and Kappa. Murasame needs to be a boss at least just so he could make another 3D appearance because he looked epic in Samurai Warriors 3.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Bosses:
I will limit them to a maximum of one per franchise

mario: king boo

pokemon: kyrum or girantina

star fox- andross

mother/earthbound- giygas

kirby- marx

zelda- ?

fire emblem- black knight

donkey kong- the tiki leader in dkcr

pikmin- an emperor bulbax

metroid- kraid ( since ridley will likely be playable)

and how about 2 boss battle modes, one from this game and one featuring the old bosses from brawl?

well i think that was a pretty worthy first post on smashboards lol

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
As long as it's not infested with original enemies that are generic/bland/badly designed like SSE had, I could go for anything. But to be specific, I want the following series to have enemies (not just one or two from each series but maybe 8ish or much more each for each series if possible):

Super Mario
Donkey Kong (To be exact, DK Country 1 enemies)
The Legend of Zelda (more of the classic/familiar enemies
Metroid (The basic/classic ones to be exact)
Kirby
Earthbound (Specifically the oddballs and WTF enemies)
Pikmin
Kid Icarus (especially Uprising)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Mario = King Boo and King Bob-Omb
Donkey Kong = The Kremlings and Tikis
Yoshi = The Shy Guys
Wario = Brown Sugar Pirates
Metroid = Kraid
Earthbound = New Age Retro Hippie (Oh come on, this guy would be an amazing enemy)
Kid Icarus = Forces of Nature and Underworld troops
Pikmin = Any enemy from this game would prove interesting.
Zelda = Bongo bongo

Oh and a combination all the fighting teams together with the new one.

pokémoneinstein

Smash Cadet
I'd love to see Emperor Bulblax as some sort of boss fight. That would make an awesome chase scene, especially if the only way to attack it is with explosive items into its mouth, and by tricking it into eating bomb rocks.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I'd love to see Emperor Bulblax as some sort of boss fight. That would make an awesome chase scene, especially if the only way to attack it is with explosive items into its mouth, and by tricking it into eating bomb rocks.
I want bomb rock as a new item! It should act like in the game: you can grab (or attack) it, then it will ignite, so it will explodes something like about 4 seconds (huge explosion!)

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Dark versions of all the characters. Like in the Subspace Emissary when the shadow bugs did their evil cloning thing. And then when you beat them you unlock the dark skin.

Top Bottom