• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you playing to tide you over until Brawl comes out?

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Not playin' much right now.. but a little bit Team Fortress 2 probably.
I'm getting Galaxy after the holidays, so..
But since I'm European, I've to wait even longer. :x

Nezuko

Future Gadget Laboratory
I've been playing WoW (as always..) also recently been playing Mass Effect (<3!) thinking about trying out Call of Duty 4 aswell.

I was pre-bought a Wii for Christmas, so when it comes into the stores, i'll be nerding out on Galaxy + Twilight Princess.
Who would've thought that you still need to "pre-order" Wiis cause they are so hard to find? Granted I guess its not like that everywhere...

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
For now, Super Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, and the occasional Pokemon Pearl.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I'll be playing:
LOZ: Phantom Hourglass (awesome game, but hard as hell)
Guitar Hero III
Super Mario Galaxy (gorgeous game, just got it)
Bleach: Blade of Fate (once I finally get my copy)

And probably some interspersed Pokemon Diamond and Raving Rabbids 2.

I think those should tide me over nicely.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Let's see, I'm playing Chibi Robo Park Patrol and may play through the first Chibi Robo for the 7th or 6th time b4 Brawl comes out. REally great game. I may go back and attempt getting 120 stars with mario to get Luigi on SMG. LoZ TP, started Arbiter's Grounds. As for mulitplayer, Wii Sports, Wii play, and Rayman Raving Rabbids will all do well with me since I got a second nunchuk for christmas :). Some runescape of course. I got 60 wii points for christmas so I'm going to get a ton of VC games. I'm definitely getting my first Metroid game, maybe my first Kirby, considering F-zero, and much more :). Oh yah and DEFINITELY saving 10 wii points for if Smash Bros 64 comes out. I've also been doing lots of Melee. Oh yah and MySims. Lol, I'll be kept pretty busy.

Areyigo

Smash Cadet
TloZ: PH, Mario Galaxy, sometimes The Warriors and Medal of Honor heroes 2....and gettin outside of my house also

Kowz

Smash Journeyman
I just got Mario & Sonic at the olympic games, AND twilight princess (FINALLY) for christmas, so ya, going to be playing them.... CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boofer

Smash Ace
Mario Galaxy, Mass Effect, Smash Bros. Melee, and Gears of War.

Rominati

Smash Cadet
Hmm

Galaxy

Zack & Wiki

and acouple of Virtual Console games(DK2,Sonic1,Super Mario Bros 3. etc.)

But serouisly I have soo many test in January the month is going to fly by. Its those last 10 days that are gonna be rough.

spindash

Smash Ace
I'm playing Sonic Rivals 2. I could care less what the reviews say. That is a really sweet game. ^^

But otherwise? I'll likely just pass my time with work, Mario Hoops 3 vs. 3 which I got for Christmas, and maybe borrow Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes from my friend.

^^ Can't wait.

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
All three Devil May Cry games, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (again!), and whatever games I decide to buy with the money my grandmother is sending me.... Gawd, I'm so behind.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
I got a nice haul for Christmas. In fact, I think I got too much... I don't think I'll be able to finish everything by the time Brawl comes out and all other games cease to matter. Probably end up with another set of games to add to my list of games I really need to beat >.>

Right now I'm playing Mega Man ZX Advent on my DS, and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn on Wii. I've got Super Mario Galaxy and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass unopened thus far once I beat the others (though it'll be VERY tempting to play RD again). Also got Galactic Civilizations II for my computer strategy needs, and Pokemon Battle Revolution for random battles now and then.

friskykillface

Smash Cadet
I've been playing Call of Duty 4 a lot and a lot of DS games, hopefully it will make the time go by fast til Brawl.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
ive been playing ssbm every day TF2, CoD4,,SMG and last but not least DBZT3. so dat should definitely hold me over till feb7th.:chuckle: my gamestop has a midnight release on da 7th.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I'll bet not many people got more games for Christmas than I did, I'm pretty confident of it, too.

Rather than just saying how many I got first, I'll list the games, then say it.

Wii

Super Mario Galaxy. Great game, worthy of a 10/10 rating, though I will like Brawl even more. I currently have 35 Power Stars, 25 to go to reach the center of the universe, to rescue Mario's "special one". lol

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Very good game, only 6% through it so far, but looks excellent so far and is lots of fun.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. It's good for a bit of fun and a time passer, though not that great of a game...

Link's Crossbow Training (came with a Wii Zapper). Not a lot of content in the game, having just 9 sets of 3 stages (which I've beaten already), but it's great fun for a while, it's fun using the Wii Zapper, feels good.

DS

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Haven't played it much, but I don't like how the game forces you to use the stylus to move around, that'll take some lot of getting used to.

Flash Focus: Vision training in minutes a day. An interesting game, you can actually learn some things from playing this game, though I'm not sure yet of whether it's making my vision better, or I'm just getting better at the games from experience. :p

Gamecube

Shrek Super Slam. Haven't played it much, and as I expected, it isn't a great game, but enough fun to play some and pass a little bit of time until Super Smash Brothers Brawl comes out.

XBox 360

Sonic the Hedgehog. I've played this for only a short time so far, it appears to be pretty hard, though I need to play through it more to accurately tell.

Virtua Fighter 5. Excellent graphics, pretty good characters (though not many), overall a quite fun one on one fighting game, though I don't play games for the XBox 360 nearly as much as the Wii or DS.

Did you count that!? 9 video games! I think that will tide me over until Brawl comes out pretty good. :)

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Alone:
Super Mario Galaxy
Star Fox Command
Yu-gi-oh World Championship 2008
Sin and Punishment
Metroid Prime 3
Halo 3 (Legendary)

With Friends/Brother:
Super Smash bros Melee
Kirby's Air Ride
Mario Party 3
Halo 3 (Online)

Waiting is not a problem for me XD

Tobi-

Smash Ace
- Super Mario Galaxy - Haven't played it much. I only have around 12 stars. I was busying with another game.

- Super Paper Mario - Yes, This took around 3 days of 5 hour playing each day. It had many unique puzzles, although the actual game itself was WAY too easy. But none the less, still a great game I enjoyed.

- Sonic and Secret Rings - Pretty good game. Somewhat hard for me to control. Only got to Evil foundary.

- Wii sports - Weird as it may seem, I enjoy it. MY family likes playing it. I'm trying to get 1,000+ points at tennis so far.

- Super Smash Bros. Melee - Came back to this game. Collected some more trophies and etc.

- Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - Am currently trying to raise Chaos Chao.

That's about it. I believe Super Mario Galaxy will keep my busy for awhile. It looks like a pretty big game, with a ton of galaxies to explore. Strange enough, I didn't like Super Mario 64, yet this almost plays almost the same and I like it. Maybe because I feel sorry for the Luma's and that makes me want to play more. Ahaha. I have a thing for helping cute creatures.

If you know what Chao were..You'd know why..Can you believe I actually bought a Sega Dreamcast TWO YEARS after Xbox/Gamecube/PS2 came out, JUST to play Sonic Adventure 2 and play with the Chao? I spent nearly 50 hours in Chao Garden...And now I have a Nintendo Wii..and I RE-BOUGHT sonic adventure 2:battle just to play with chao again!!

I Looove raising them and making them hold hands, goto school, buying them stuff, watching them play ball, and fighting. they have such cute voices. Same with the Luma's. When they said you could feed them I was like" fcking REALLY?" AWESOME!! (in no way gay though).

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
Super Mario Galaxy rocks. Along with Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, and of course, Super Smash Bros Melle when friends are around.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
If you know what Chao were..You'd know why..Can you believe I actually bought a Sega Dreamcast TWO YEARS after Xbox/Gamecube/PS2 came out, JUST to play Sonic Adventure 2 and play with the Chao? I spent nearly 50 hours in Chao Garden...And now I have a Nintendo Wii..and I RE-BOUGHT sonic adventure 2:battle just to play with chao again!!

I Looove raising them and making them hold hands, goto school, buying them stuff, watching them play ball, and fighting. they have such cute voices. Same with the Luma's. When they said you could feed them I was like" fcking REALLY?" AWESOME!! (in no way gay though).
I know exactly how you feel XD There are so many times where I went back to playing Sonic Adventure 2 Battle JUST to make a chao for the 10th time. They should make an online Chao game, I'd so buy it! x3

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna try to get all the stars in Mario Galaxy and get the an-may in een-gray and also try to beat as much as I can of Guitar Hero III. I also have LoZ: PH to finish, along with MP3, and LoZ:TP.

I have a bad habit of not finishing games before I stop playing them.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I know exactly how you feel XD There are so many times where I went back to playing Sonic Adventure 2 Battle JUST to make a chao for the 10th time. They should make an online Chao game, I'd so buy it! x3
Yes!! I should demand Sonic Team make a Chao Online game, or something! And that is why nearly every 3-D game after Sonic Adventure 2: Battle hasn't been good. You know why? Because none of them had Chao Garden! If they had Chao Garden, They would of automatically had a +2 rating boost. Haha j/k, but really we need a sonic game with a good chao garden.

Sonic Team is making another sonic game for the wii/xbox360/ps3, and it pretty include chao.:mad: and not as cameo appearances.

Top Bottom