• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If you want the game that has the most content and sidequests, then get Emerald. It has some additions and improvements that the other two lack, and there are some bigger challenges. If you're asking about the remakes, get FireRed, though this is just a matter of preference...

EvilEvincar

Smash Journeyman
If you have any friends with the other versions, check what they have and get the opposite versions.

If that isn't a considration, being an owner of Leaf Green and Emerald, I will say that Emerald is better overall. FR/LG is a map-for-map remake of the original Red/Blue, but with some significant new content. However, Emerald has a better story, although it is still very similar to the Ruby/Saphire game, but there are some differences, like the ability to get both Groudon and Kyogre. The Battle Frontier is much like having a Stadium game; it doesn't add much but it is far more replayable then the new content in FR/LG.

If you need any more info about the games, visit www.serebii.net. It is the best database on Pokemon out there.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
www.havok, stop flaming and double posting. The edit button is your friend, unlike the English Language.

On a side note, I am nearly done Shadow of the Colossus after a bit of a break. AMAZING game with solid gameplay and a fun, easy to learn, yet still a challange combat system. All you fight are 16 bosses (I am on 12), but they are, as the title suggests, colossal.

For PC, I will also recommend Prey as a title to check out. I am having fun with it, but Cashed loves to remind me how short it is and that's usually a big problem for me. Well, I'll replay it a few times.

D-20 Dice

Smash Ace
Meta-Knight said:
Out of all the Pokemon RPGs for Game Boy Advance like Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, etc., which one is the best and which should I get? I was mainly interested in Sapphire.
Are you asking which version to get? If so, get Emerald. Unless you want to play through one of the other ones first and later play through Emerald and go, "Hey, that's different!"

8000 said:
I'm looking for a new GCN game so i need suggestions on what to get. :(

Note: I own:

Resident Evil 4
Prince of Persia (not interested in the others)
Soul Calibur 2 (not interested in 3)
Fire Emblem: PoR
Geist *sigh*

and i don't want to get:

Hitmans
Metal Gears
Metroids
Narutos *shudders*

So anything else i want to look into. I need a new gaming experience. Help :(
Zelda: Wind Waker is good, Mario Sunshne is alright, Luigi's Mansion is pretty short; but you can look into it if you want, I-Ninja (if you can find it) is good although some may not agree, Tales of Symphonia is good and is pretty long; but the voice acting is pretty bad.

KLSmash

Smash Ace
8000 said:
I'm looking for a new GCN game so i need suggestions on what to get. :(

Note: I own:

Resident Evil 4
Prince of Persia (not interested in the others)
Soul Calibur 2 (not interested in 3)
Fire Emblem: PoR
Geist *sigh*

and i don't want to get:

Hitmans
Metal Gears
Metroids
Narutos *shudders*

So anything else i want to look into. I need a new gaming experience. Help :(
The Legend of Zelda; The Windwaker, or you can wait for Twilight Princess, Pikmin2, Killer 7, Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door, and Super Mario Sunshine. Go knock yourself out with those.

I want to get into DDR, but I don't know which game to pick for GameCube. Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix, or Karaoke Revolution Party. Any ideas?

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Save your hard-earned cash for when Wii comes out. Then you can blow it all on Twilight princess, Prime 3, Smash Brawl, Disaster, Project Hammer, and Wii's Virtual console feature.

De_Le_Chozo

Smash Apprentice
where all bedlam breaks loose! either that or the
Crimson King said:
stop flaming and double posting. The edit button is your friend, unlike the English Language.
Hilarious.
Anyways, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes or Ultimate Spider-Man?

My conflict is that I enjoy both Nintendo as well as Marvel.
I sort of have an idea of how people would answer because a lot of the games discussed here are first-party nintendo. . .

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Ultimate Spider-Man is a lot of fun. I got it some time ago. However it's nearly identical to Spider-Man 2 in gameplay but not story.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Depends on if you like puzzle games more than Shooters. Meteos can do up to 5, 6 multiplayer off one pak, while Metroid can do 4, but Metroid can go online. Metroid has a rather average single player mode, not sure what Meteos' single player is like.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
USE THE EDIT BUTTON! Unless it's like a week old, there's no need to update us on every decision you make.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
captain ahab said:
im also purchasing an xbox 360 can anyone suggest a good game to start off with? i love fps and im kinda choosing between prey, call of duty 2, and condemned criminal origins.
Just go with CoD2, it'll last you the longest of the ones mentioned.

KLSmash

Smash Ace
I want to get into DDR, but I don't know which game to pick for GameCube. Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix, or Karaoke Revolution Party. Any ideas?

Dokuro

Smash Ace
ok guys. I have these games for my DS

-Animal Crossing: Wild World
-Mario Kart DS
-Super Princess Peach
-Tetris DS

I'm going to buy 2 DS or Gamecube games for my birthday (which is 1 week away) so I need help for what to chose. I'm not really into Wi-Fi stuff...I mostly just want 1-player games.

games i'm considering getting for the DS

-Kirby's Canvas Curse
-New Super Mario Bros.
-Metroid Prime: Hunters

Please suggest some other stuff for me :[ I'm to lazy to find anymore "good" DS games.
-----
Games I own for the Gamecube

-Super Smash Bros. Melee
-Super Mario Sunshine
-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
-Pokemon Colloseum
-Starfox Assault
-Starfox Adventures
-Paper Mario: The thousand year door
-The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure

games i'm considering getting for the gamecube

-Metroid Prime
-Mario Superstar Baseball
-Mario Super Strikers (or whatever that mario soccer game is called)
-Pokemon XD
-Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (or whatever its called)

anymore suggestions perhaps?

KLSmash

Smash Ace
Terios the Hedgehog said:
Karaoke doesn't have DDR in it. So go with Mario Mix.

Woops, I meant Karaoke and Dance Dance Revolution. Mario Mix seems easier but since Mario is in it, everything is going to be Mario-Oriented.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm going to buy some games that I missed because of other games coming out at the same time. Pretty much the only game I've missed on the GC is Papar Mario: Long subtitle. I like Paper Mario 64 so I was looking forward to this game.

When it came out another game was out for PS2 that I wanted more. Later I asked my soley GC owning friends if it was a good game. They said no. I still have interest in this game and I want to know are they just being bitter Nintendo fans or does this game really suck?

I'm also considering some PS2 games like Sly Cooper 2 & 3. I liked the first and these are now greatest hits titles. Are they worth it or are there any other games I should look at?

I might even but these today so whoever gets here first makes me buy something. :)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Basically what Doggalina said, it'll leave you satisfied if you liked the original, so I suggest you buy that. Funny characters, nice storyline, and a good battle system. It's easy, but so was the first one.

Plus, isn't it only $20, so it's a good deal.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Ok, my turn.

I've been looking to get a new DS game, and I already settled that I'm not getting Nintendogs.

Games I have:
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 64 DS
Mario Kart DS
Advance Wars DS
Animal Crossing DS

I was thinking of getting Wario Ware, because I love that series.

Castlevania looks good, but I never tried a Castlevania game before.

Mario and Luigi Partners in Time looks like a good sequel, but I heard it's short.

Which one should I get? If there are other good ones, tell me about them.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
dont get wario ware, its barely any different then the other ones and leaves you completely unsatisfied. I havent played the new castlevania for ds, but castlevania's usually have a lot of depth, length, and are extremely entertaining. if you just want a good solid rpg, Mario in Luigi partners in time will not fail you.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I'm not intereseted in MPH.

Also, I want the game to either last long, or have replay value, which is why I was considering Wario Ware. I know Mario Partners in Time is fun(since the first one was), but how long is it? Same with Castlevania.

That's the problem with most of the games I have on the DS, either too short or have no replay value.

captain ahab

Smash Cadet
half past a monkeys a** and a quarter to its balls
you'll be dissapointed with warioware it just gets boring really fast..mario and luigi PIT is a descently long game but gets a little repetetive, if you don't like mph go with castlevania, it has great gameplay and is pretty long...has a great story line and stays cosistant, replay value is pretty high.

IceDrake

Smash Apprentice
I need some help. I want to play Conker's Bad Fur Day since it has great reviews and I loved Banjo-Kazooie. Here is my problem. I have a 360, but Conker: Live & Reloaded (updated version of BFD) is not yet compatible on the 360. My frien (big MS fan) thinks there will be an update in the fall. I have an N64 so I can get BFD on that if I wanted to.

I have a list of pros for each game:

BFD
Can play immediately
One game closer to having every N64 Rare game (I'll just be missing Blastcorps)
Might be a few $ cheaper

C:L&R
Better graphics
More content (I think they addead a few more levles)
Easier to find
Online multiplayer

So, my choices are wait it out for Live & Reloaded to be compatible on 360 or get it for N64 right now. I'm in no rush to get it now but I may need something to play since I've already beaten my 360 games and have nothing to play on my GC.

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
Marshigio: Wario Ware's actually a lot of fun, but Castlevania is the greatest. Playtime on it is probably about 10-15 hours, but there are a couple different endings and a couple modes to unlock. I've actually beaten the game four or five times--it might be replay value, but it might just be because Castlevania's gold for me.

Partners in Time isn't that long, 25-30 hours I think. It was fun, but it's not as funny as the original. A bit disappointing in that respect. Also, there's no real exploration (the castle is a hub like in SM64 as opposed to having a world to roam around) and basically no reason to play the game ever again. Go with Castlevania.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
IceDrake, don't buy Live & Reloaded. Bad Fur Day is overall a much better game. Live & Reloaded was censored quite a bit, they ruined some of the parts (such as the Matrix lobby scene) and the multiplayer is terrible.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Anybody have any opinions on Final Fantasy XI? My friends keep bugging me to get into it, but im wondering if its worth the money.

Marth230

Smash Cadet
A merry freakin christmas

So, my mom and dad were really cool this christmas. I thank them so much for this, and I think its gonna be on merry freakin christmas. My dad promised to buy me a nintendo Wii for christmas along with one game(im going with legend of zelda TP). And my mom is also coming back for christmas and promised to give me $100 bucks for christmas. I just turned 15 so this is kind of new to me(fyi: my mom used to get me $200 bucks worth of clothes). With this $100 bucks, I decided to get a ton of low cost nintendo gamecube games since I only own 2 currently (SSBM and phantasy star 1&2). The list, along with the prices from www.ebgames.com, is as follows.

1.Sonic adventure 2 battle $9.99

2. Viewtiful Joe $6.99

3.mystic heroes $9.99

4. Crazy taxi $9.99

5.Soul Calibur II $9.99

6. Animal crossing $14.99

7. Wario world $12.99

8. Zoids $14.99

9. Mortal combat Deadly Alliance $8.99

10. True crime: streets of LA $6.99

11.Legacy of Kain: blood omen 2 $6.99

The games average out around $95. I would like anyone who reads this to rate it and tell me how it can be improved. You could even make your own list to show me one that may be better. But remember, I want a decent amount of games and it cannot be over $100. Thank you everyone, and have a merry christmas.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
I've got two questions. One in regaurds to the DS, and one about the Wii.

DS:

I've only got two games in mind so far for the DS.. Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario Kart DS. Other than that, I don't know what else to get. I'd like to stick to Nintendo title games for the DS mostly, but if any games really stand out that would help.

Wii:

I've purchased my Wii along with Zelda, and am now looking for a good Multiplayer game. Any reviews on how Red Steel and Excite Truck are? Any help would be good.

Also, I have 2000 Virtual points. What should I do with those?

Marth230

Smash Cadet
Im not sure about the wii, but I can help with the DS. You should Definately pick up NEW Super Mario bros. Its a great addition to any other mario sidescollers you have, and the replay value is significantly high.

Top Bottom