• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what habbits do u have when u get nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
I rarely ever get nervous, but that's mainly because I am always playing against my friends and have never been to a tournament yet. But, when I do get nervous I get a little woozy and shake a bit, and I start to bite my lip.. I still need to break that habbit. :psycho:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
When I get nervous my skill flies out the window, I normally change positions (sitting) excessively, and I shake a little (it's normal, not violent Dr.Hyde-transforming-into-Jekyll shaking) but I normally end up lossing the match.

If I get more than one match I stop being nervous in the middle of the second game and my skills come back, I don't get nervous as much if my friends are around.

yinyangi

Smash Rookie
I get real anxious and try to attack only when I see an oppening while trying my best to stay alive.

CHUK

Smash Ace
I get a big grin and moves my lips like chuckling to myself in my head but my friends are convinced im saying my strategy, I don't get nervous I just get bs'ed.

Kep

Smash Rookie
I get sort of an "in the zone" effect and do everything faster (which is pretty much the only time i can shffl)
My arms and chest tighten a lot though, and I shake/twitch rather violently when I'm not doing something.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
I usually end up doing something really dumb like dairing right into a sheildgrab 2 or 3 times in a row before I stop being an idiot. Doesn't help that the person I play most doesn't like to approach but oh well.

I don't think anyone plays well when they are nervous.

EDIT: Except Kep and GG.

GG.

Smash Rookie
I Usually Dont Get Nervous....and I Do..I Lick My Lips Lol......But If I Get Nervous It Makes Me Better....

Kirbyfighter

Smash Rookie
Sweat, heart beats fast, and i slightly shake. Plus i try to impress the viewers by doing some "special combo" which makes me not play as good, which usually makes me lose the match.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Lol Kirby. That' happens to me too, it's just that people suck so bad here that they get beat even when I'm nervous.

El Gordo

Smash Cadet
when u r playing and ur down like 2 stocks and u start to maybe sweat and get nervous what happens. i start to lick my lips a lot and my hands sweat kinda bad. that means im concentrating:psycho:
Is nearly the same like I do^^
When I get nervous I start DD!!^^

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I hate it when I try to dive down a soft platform I'm standing on and instead, I keep crouching on it again and again. By the time I get thru I'm already half-way across the screen.

Pneuma

Smash Ace
I look for the flashy KOs. If I'll lose, I'll get in a Roy spike/Luigi up+b ping/Ylink Firespike/Doc uair->fist at the very least.
Relaxing like this almost always helps me come back in the next round, or in that round by looking harder for openings.

Insom

Smash Apprentice
I start playing either super defensive or super aggressive.

Or I reset. Trololololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom