• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What happens when you make a website on a game you know nothing about?

full_95

Smash Journeyman
the answer, http://www.nintendorks.com/ssbmguide /index.html

the people that wrote the guides on this website need to be sterilized. it's the most rediculously bad guide to any game, ever. so bad that i can borderline classify the contributors as mentally ********, or at least lacking a few chromosomes. i am only pissed at this site and it's mutant creators because they present such a limited spectrum of useless moves/application of moves/strategies in such an authoritative way, like they actually know what they are talking about. clearly nobody that contributed to this ****storm of a site knows a thing about smash bros.

(keep in mind that the arrow's point to idiots)

This "official nintendorks guide" includes such helpful tidbits as, (referring to the fox strategies presented)

--> "As soon as the fight begins, hit them with a dash move and don't give them breathing room,"

and my personal favorite, which has really upped my fox game to a whole new level that was previously unachievable by humans due to the sheer genius and innovation it implies, surely this strategy is flawless:

--> "If you can clear them out first, you'll have the edge for the rest of the battle. Be sure to hit A repeatedly to trap them ina web of kicks."

For ness, a "long range character," mindboggling strats such as:

--> (against sword chars) "PK Flash works well against them, as does the many different ways to use PK Thunder. PK Fire is helpful when the swordsmen is getting too close for comfort. Just fire it off and they will be incapacitated for a second, and you can make your getaway."

another favorite (for pikachu against "speedsters")

--> "These guys are just as fast, if not faster than you, so don't take the same strategy you would against slower characters. Evade until these guys leave themselves open with some of their slower moves, occasionally fighting in mid air - you should usually be able to get the jump on an enemy that's not prepared for this, using Pikachu's thunder drill (Forward Smash + Z in air). Grab items and bombard them, and move in for the kill with your thunder. "

dont take my word for it, go to the site. the stupidity is rampant throughout. somebody needs to tell these tards to either update the h3ll out of it, or get this travesty off the internet because it's a waste of bandwith and time. the game's been out for like 5 years, advanced techs have been around at least a few years, get your **** straight nintendorks, that's a pathetic excuse for an "official guide."

- sorry for the rant, have any of you guys seen this crap before? i hope its an elaborate joke on me. anyways, what do you guys think? deserving of reprimand or did i just waste 20 minutes of my life writing this?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Lol i saw one guide before on the game with its tip on fighting Fox and falco: Stand near the edge, and they'll side b off of it.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Awww man, this site made me throw up...
Edit: Here is why. I was reading in the Samus section:
Let's put it this way - if you're looking for someone you can master in a few minutes and appear to your friends that you've been playing this game for a couple of years, stick with Link. However, if you're a bit more devoted and want someone you can mold from a seemingly ineffective character to a fast, well-balanced frenzy of orange DEATH, Samus is your lady.

Also, there was no mention of power missiles (an entire section on homing missiles though?!). WTF

This place needs to burn.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
since when is this a good tactic?
"Toss them around and entrap them in multiple back and forth hits with the Falco Phantasm."
and this?
"It's also a good idea to blast at these guys with the Firebird."

captainlukey

Smash Ace
i gto a better tactic for falco.....
take yourself out four times in a row...
you will win more matches then with the **** these guys are prattalling on about

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Classifying characters with titles such as "swordsmen" and then discussing strategies against them is pathetically discriminatory. To assume that Link, Marth, and Roy are one type of character with a basic same strategy for and against is rediculous. Some poor n00b could stumble over that site and be horribly misguided.
...Idiots, honestly.

SWF should send them an e-mail telling them just how rediculous they are.

pdk

Smash Lord
protip: read the copyright and last update at the bottom

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
As a Fox player, I looked at his page first.
"Reflector" hard to remember to use this move? Well, okay...it was only listed to "reflect stuff" also. That's its least use nowadays.
and Firefox should be used a lot? That's something I wouldn't want to try in a singles match as a spam choice.

My personal favorite, Yoshi's B+Left/Right. They make it sound like it is so awesome and unable to counter...I wish that was true. Even if it was, if it is spammed like they advertise it should be, you will understand the timing later on. Down+B is thought of by them as good, but...it's pretty easy to see coming at you.

Anyway, it's useless to pick on them further, but I just find it amusing that every person I play who isn't into competitive play in Melee like the moves the publishers of the site like, and the moves that seem to be popular with newer players, I don't understand why they like them so much...

and about the swordsman comment, that's very true...a sword is their weapon of choice. The style varies from each "swordsman" a lot. Even Marth and Roy should be played differently. I'm surprised that they classify them as a groud and act how to counter them when they are all different in their own ways...

Ensee

Smash Ace
This move is a great one to pull off when enemies are trying to get back on the edge, because if you pull it off, you can just do it again to get back on the edge. If you're going one- on-one, use this often.

^^ This was written about Ganondorf's up-b.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
the people that wrote the guides on this website need to be sterilized. it's the most rediculously bad guide to any game, ever. so bad that i can borderline classify the contributors as mentally ********, or at least lacking a few chromosomes. i am only pissed at this site and it's mutant creators because they present such a limited spectrum of useless moves/application of moves/strategies in such an authoritative way, like they actually know what they are talking about. clearly nobody that contributed to this ****storm of a site knows a thing about smash bros.
That was actually pretty funny
mutant creators, lol

JFox

Smash Hero
Lol i saw one guide before on the game with its tip on fighting Fox and falco: Stand near the edge, and they'll side b off of it.

I vote rapid assassin for best quote ever. Seriously, wow.

Here's another genius tactic I should submit to add to their list. "pick jigglypuff and jump off the stage, forcing your opponent to come after you. than they will die cuz you have more jumps than they do"

crescentia

Smash Journeyman
I like how no one realizes that the guide was last updated 5 years ago and probably hasn't even been looked at since.

EDIT: LOL @ Peach - "Peach jumps forward and thrusts her mighty hips, explosive results if it comes in contact with another character."

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
However long ago it is, it's still fun to pick on.

Yeah, I just noticed that "Ness long-range thing"...only problem with that is I have no clue how you'd end up getting a PK Flash landed in a singles while some person is pounding away.

This move is a great one to pull off when enemies are trying to get back on the edge, because if you pull it off, you can just do it again to get back on the edge. If you're going one- on-one, use this often.
I like that...I can just imagine someone trying to do that and ending up in a SD...I mean, jumping isn't the only way to recover from an edge. =P
It's funny how different a game is played when you have knowledge of more stuff.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Ness' projectile attacks are very effective against the swordsmen, as long as you don't get too close. His PSI Magnet move is totally ineffective against these characters, so don't even try it (well, maybe Link's arrows and boomerang will succumb to it). PK Flash works well against them, as does the many different ways to use PK Thunder. PK Fire is helpful when the swordsmen is getting too close for comfort. Just fire it off and they will be incapacitated for a second, and you can make your getaway.
LOL PK flash them :)

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
lol, I wonder if anybody actually used these tactics back in 2002 when they were first updated.

But yeah, the guide is still fun to make fun of even if it is old. This is what they said about foxe's up smash: "This move has only one purpose: juggling. Fox will do a backwards somersault kick that can knock opponent into the air OR effectively keep them there. This is extremely effective against long range characters." lawl, only for juggling my ***, fox's up smash is probably one of his best ko moves.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
hahahh, about jigglypuff: 'However, mastering Jigglypuff takes a lot of skill, and you'll need to be familiar with the advanced techniques like dodging and juggling.'

on fighting 'speedsters' : 'Their juggling is based on speed rather than their attacks though, so many players choose not to juggle with them, as it is harder to pull off (the CPU however has no problem performing amazing combos).'

on jiggy's upsmash: 'This is probably Jiggly's ultimate finisher. It's easy to pull off, and if the enemy's generally around 90% they'll probably be KOed '

on bowser's upsmash: 'As it's a juggling move, it's easy to repeat it around 3 times in a row on a fresh opponent to soften them up.'

on bowser's side + b: 'This throw is a second set of throws, which harks back to the original SSB, because all of the directional throws of Bowser (all 8) are strong. ' 8????

omfg gimpy should see this!!! 'Remember, the quickest move in Bowser's arsenal is his Bowser Bomb.'

man these are too good.

Ensee

Smash Ace
About Jiggly:
Marth and Roy are probably her most difficult opponents, since they're great close range fighters, and she has no projectiles to utilize their weakness. Your best bet is to attack them in the air and use your pound a lot, or dodge and get them from behind, since they don't have the sword spin like the Links.

EDIT: This is the best

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
As a second though, even if it is old, the moves they choose to spam and use aren't even the greatest in the first place.

Leest

Smash Rookie
Well, they havn't got the name of their website wrong. I found the Mr. Game and watch to be pretty stupid / funny.

"When facing another Mr. Game and Watch try a mixture of sausages and smash attacks. It's essential to see what kind of a fighter he is."
"If they use links aerial down A move then dodge at the last second and smack them with your frying pan. " For this one maybe I misunderstood but are they suggesting that you use his B move again?

And of course the true power of MArio's fireballs:
"When used as a preemptive strike from across the stage, the fireball can set off an opponent's timing, stunning them for a moment, and even causing them to mistakenly commit suicide (if they are sufficiently knocked off balance). "

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
About Peach's U-Smash:

"Probably Peach's most effective smash attack, Peach thrusts her palms up as if she were hitting a volley ball. It's best for starting out juggling combos, and when charged it's even strong enough to finish off opponents. Use this in combination with one of her air attacks to smack the opponent far."

Whatever's not underlined is a big fat lie.

About the Falcon Punch:

"Use this attack when landing a jump or if your opponent is attempting to come back, as almost no physical attack can stop it. It's not too difficult to get off once you get good. After a bit of practice, you should find yourself landing them fairly regularly."

Really now?

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
I love how everyone always uses opportunities like this to swing their Smash Knowledge ***** around and make themselves feel better.

Ok, we get it, they don't understand smash as well as we do. I mean, honestly, If they're playing it casually, do they have any reason to? Heck, if they wanted to play the game seriously, logic dictates they would've found their way to this site were that the case.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The tips are pretty bad even for casual players. I wonder if they just tested everything in Training Mode and wrote the guide in 10 minutes.

smasher_25

Smash Cadet
I didn't know that falcos "reflector" was "Useless against some characters (like captain Falcon or DK)" . .thanks nintendorks, now I know how to play really good!!

robyextreme

Smash Ace
I was reading the pichu attacks and who ever wrote that needs to die, he/she tells you to use up-smash to thunder, "Almost impossible to dodge" you just have to air dodge ****.

He doesn't even explain the f-smash properly, you time it on the last frame for knockback not just spam it.

A-Laon

Smash Master
"Falco is also extremely resilient- it takes a lot to get rid of him for good, and this is perhaps his strongest point."

Pfft. And all you noobs keep whining about Falco's crappy recovery.. you people need to see the light.

Top Bottom