• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Brawl came before Melee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
As the title suggests, what if Brawl came before Melee?

Would we dislike it because it increases the game tempo, theres no multiple air dodges to name a few.

Would we even know where to look for Advanced Techniques? I'm not saying they wouldn't be found but if we had played Brawl for 7 years the metagame of what we know Melee of now may have been a lot different.

Brawl is a great game and fun to play but some of us say that Brawl cannot match up to Melee depth-wise (which I agree with), some of us don't even like Brawl because of it. But would we be saying that Melee would be better than Brawl if the releases of the 2 titles were switched around?

I'm not too sure what the response to Melee would be.
I would be glad to hear your opinions.
(I'm not trying to spark a Brawl vs Melee argument, I love Brawl and I love playing it and recognise that it and Melee have different gameplay styles)

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I think people would say it sucks because there would be less characters in Melee. No online aswell. I won't deny online sucks, but people who live far far away would be all alone...:(

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
If we're talking game mechanics, people would certainly be *****ing about all the characters getting their recoveries nerfed.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
If Brawl came before Melee, we would be *****ing about the gameplay for sure. I bet in a few years, people will have totally forgot Melee and embraced Brawl.

Bud

Smash Journeyman
It would be the exact same thing you see now. some would love it and some would hate it. I could just hear it, wahhh they took my airdodges, wahhhh I cant run and upsmash.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
My first respond was "let me just say I doubt I would be on this site" but back in the day I use to be Link ^B spammer because I knew how effective it was and around the time we found the completive scene I was switching to Sheik because I thought she was better.

But if brawl came out before melee then I would bet instead of using Sheik I would be a Snake main. Mainly because I'm a huge fan of the Metal gear series and because I would see him as the best character with all his low percent killing move.

My friend would still use Marth because that's just how he rolls so I wonder how I would develop as a player....Curious question.

Another thing I have to keep in mind is that my group found melee completive scene after more then 5 years of development, which would give more then enough time for the fans to get into the game and find all the glitches we already found and maybe a few more.

With that said I don't think anyone can really say for sure if they would get into the completive scene unless the same amount of time is given to brawl for development.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
If Melee came after Brawl and we knew about even half of the ATs, combo-game, etc. in it, it'd be instant-win in my book.

If we didn't know half the stuff but had to try to figure everything out on our own, it'd still have me interested enough to keep exploring if not only because of increased hitstun and shieldstun.

And I concur with Tristan Win. Had Brawl come out before Melee, I wouldn't even be here.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
"Why the hell is Wario dressed like that?"
"Why is the chick from Dinosaur Planet in the Star Fox stage?"
"What's a Pictochat?"

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
People would be moaning about it being too fast, too hard and basically for not being Brawl.

Plus people would make 'what would happen if Melee came first?' topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom