• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Pikachu and Jigglypuff

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Just dismiss every other reason why Pikachu is top tier for it's recovery alone. Yeah that's a very credible argument.

D

Deleted member

In this particular matchup, I seem to do very well against pika. I feel puff is very underrated in her overall capabilities and on the tier list.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
In this particular matchup, I seem to do very well against pika. I feel puff is very underrated in her overall capabilities and on the tier list.
That's because tiers are inaccurate representations of character matchups in this game.. even the established matchups are pretty off. Like Jiggly on Luigi, or Jiggly on pika in this case.

Dair utilt 2 or 3 times, you can kill pikachu around 30%. Just fthrow to uair and you can even kill him.

D

Deleted member

That's because tiers are inaccurate representations of character matchups in this game.. even the established matchups are pretty off. Like Jiggly on Luigi, or Jiggly on pika in this case.

Dair utilt 2 or 3 times, you can kill pikachu around 30%. Just fthrow to uair and you can even kill him.
How do you know this?

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
switched up B's ?

jigglypuff would be the best character in the game and pikachu the worst
I realize this is super old now but I've got to disagree just for the sake of discussion.

Jigglypuff's weakness has never been her recovery so although getting pika's upB is going to help, it's not going to totally transform the character. It will pretty much just stop jiggly from getting gimped vertically which is a very low percentage of her deaths in my opinion. Her main weakness is that she dies to virtually any strong attack at like 70%. While having pika's get-out-of-jail-free card will be nice for escaping flubbed combos, this will hardly improve her matchup against attrition based playstyles. Fox is still going to dominate her (although won't be able to shine gimp anymore).

Pika will definitely take a serious hit by losing the best upB in the game and gaining the worst. But it's not like this is going to un-break pikachu's hitboxes. You can still just sit on stage and bair everyone forever. And gimping characters with bad recovery is going to be fine since now you don't have to be good and follow offstage, just sit near the edge and dtilt or fsmash after bthrow. The point you bring up is offstage combos but that's actually a pretty low percentage of pikachu's kills compared to simple attrition or gimp. Obviously pika is no longer top tier after this but I think "the worst" is overly hasty. Pikachu will still have fair matchups against characters with normal hitboxes and, for example, the pika falcon matchup won't change in any dramatic way (it's all gimps and 02Ds anyway).

Top Bottom