• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if there was a huge melee tournament

daisey

Smash Apprentice
Im not talking about big, im talking about huge tournament. Like every smasher world wide comes to a tournament, i mean everyone that plays melee from around the world. Where would the location be (somewhere in the USA), what would the venue be like? Im sure t.v's and gc's ect wouldnt be a problem. I know it might be somewhat impossible, but i still had to give it some thought and ask you guys about your views, what it would be like.

Cinder

Smash Master
All I can really say for sure is that I'd get my *** handed to me on a silver platter XD...

But seriously...the location would probably be a REALLY famous/popular college or convention center...can't really say much about the venue...

daisey

Smash Apprentice
I dont mind getting it handed to me , it would be far to sweet even if im getting owned.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^^ those were my first thoughts, either Madison Square Garden in New York, or probably in Los Angeles where the
Brawl
Demo took place, it would be nice to see the likes of Eggm, Mew2King, Jeremy Feifer, Silent Wolf duking it out.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
^^ those were my first thoughts, either Madison Square Garden in New York, or probably in Los Angeles where the
Brawl
Demo took place, it would be nice to see the likes of Eggm, Mew2King, Jeremy Feifer, Silent Wolf duking it out.
lol Jeremy Feifer would get *****.

daisey

Smash Apprentice
it would be nice to see everyone having it out, including the European players.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I just came.

Maybe, just maybe we can finally molecularly fuse all three smash games (each in their Japanese, American, and PAL forms together) into one awesome and perfect smash game to own them all... *angels start singing hallejuiah*

With summer almost over, I now have something to look forward to that is less then a year away (sadly Batman 3 will take longer then that... :().

What if it was at the Olympics...

I mean, if they can have shooting and ping pong...

M2K gets gold for America lol.
I got something even crazier that was in the 2006 Winter Olympics: Ski Sniping. Not even joking. You ski and you stop to snipe targets (you have to get a bulls eye on all the targets before moving on) until you reach the finish line. That's it. I'm not even a joking. It's a real Olympic event. I think Poland or Ukraine won in 2006, while the U.S. didn't even enter... >_>

Anyways...maybe we can get smash into the 2012 London Summer Olympics, since the British are awesome like that! ;D

I'm pretty sure we'd take silver and gold too, lol.
We would also win bronze. Don't forget Ken, Azen, Isai, Chillin, and ChuDat. :grin:

We'd also pwn doubles, too (Ken+Isai, and whoever ChuDay, Azen, Chillin, and Mew2King, and whoever they team with! >_>).

daisey

Smash Apprentice
seems intresting, the melee part anyway, but i was referring to, what if all smashers worldwide attended one big tournament, alot of people, friendlies, **** ect. Most importantly to meet every smasher (melee) player out there.

Where ever it is it will only be big if it is held in South East London :)
=) just the fact of meeting/playing (if possible) every smasher would be nice, no matter where it is.

Eggm

Smash Hero
To be truly epic it would have to be planned a year from now. In a gigantic venue. With old/new pro support guaranteed to be there. In NY or Cali. 100's of lagless setups. Planned a year in advance. And have a support out of country paypal fund, where over the year people can donate even if its .50c then split it up evenly amongst the out of country people coming. Get EVERYONE to come. This guy from the Dominican republic IMed me asking me to come to his tournament and he said their tournaments get 160-200 people for melee regularly. Imagine if they came too? Canada could come, japan, i know Germany has a pretty thorough scene as well. It could be EPIC. Venue that holds 1000, and actually get 1000. We'd have to do crazy advertising and stuff.

It would also have to be 3 solid days of melee IMO. With reigonal crew battles, singles pools doubles pools (possibly 5 rounds if that many showed) With the most super epic stacked brackets ever. Everyone who has ever supported melee in the past and whoever supports it now should come and show how thorough our community is compared to brawl random scrubs and show up and make the turnout so epic brawl can NEVER match it.

Only then would it be truly epic.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
To be truly epic it would have to be planned a year from now. In a gigantic venue. With old/new pro support guaranteed to be there. In NY or Cali. 100's of lagless setups. Planned a year in advance. And have a support out of country paypal fund, where over the year people can donate even if its .50c then split it up evenly amongst the out of country people coming. Get EVERYONE to come. This guy from the Dominican republic IMed me asking me to come to his tournament and he said their tournaments get 160-200 people for melee regularly. Imagine if they came too? Canada could come, japan, i know Germany has a pretty thorough scene as well. It could be EPIC. Venue that holds 1000, and actually get 1000. We'd have to do crazy advertising and stuff.

It would also have to be 3 solid days of melee IMO. With reigonal crew battles, singles pools doubles pools (possibly 5 rounds if that many showed) With the most super epic stacked brackets ever. Everyone who has ever supported melee in the past and whoever supports it now should come and show how thorough our community is compared to brawl random scrubs and show up and make the turnout so epic brawl can NEVER match it.

its sounds beautiful.
if only someone would plan this.

daisey

Smash Apprentice

Of course this would be epic, it may be like 5 days for real though. It would be amazing cause im bringing everyone from The Carribean.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I'd go, and I would intend to win. I'd lose but I'd intend to win. Anyway of course the venue would be huge and asking everyone to bring their cubes/wii's would most likley take care of the problem, that is everyone actually brought one, and plus, their like $30. And by swapping memory cards you dont need to have a card for every cube. Tv's that would be a problem.

LolDesh

Smash Apprentice
lol Jeremy Feifer would get *****.
so would sw. i mean, sw is a technical beast, but lol at m2k vs sw.

jesus christ. i totally volunteer to organize this except for the fact that i have parents who wouldnt let me and...im in canada...it would probably be beter to host in us around NY.
=o

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
That would be ****ing epic. Too bad my parents wouldn't allow me to go to it. D:

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
For that tourney, maybe for the qualifying rounds, you should do it by region (maybe even at different venues). That way, there'd be a good spread.
I disagree with this completely. What is the point of traveling so far for a tournament, just to be put against the people you normally play?

Unless you're suggesting that ever region hold a separate tournament in their area so that only really good people go. I also disagree with that idea, as that would surely prevent me from going.

rhan

Smash Hero
If a tourney like this happens, it would be heaven on earth. Jesus would arise and host this event personally. Exactically 3 days after the event there would be a cure for AIDS and it would be handed out without a price tag. This world would become perfect on every aspect after this tourney.

Samochan

Smash Master
Dreaming over something that isn't gonna happen (lol 1k tourneys) is simply that, dreaming. But I do love the fact that the thing below is really gonna happen. :o It is no dream anymore, it has become reality!!!!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178903

I mean, europeans are coming as well O_O. Dutches, frenchies, swedes, germans even... Hell, I want to come to this too. ^_^ Maybe they actually need to restrict people from coming there lol, if they get over 200 for both melee and brawl.

Just that tickets to boston from finland cost at least 800€ *facefall*

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Just that tickets to boston from finland cost at least 800€ *facefall*
From Brisbane, Australia, it's going to cost me around $2000 if I somehow find someway to get there. Dunno what that's like compared to Euros though -_-

Samochan

Smash Master
From Brisbane, Australia, it's going to cost me around $2000 if I somehow find someway to get there. Dunno what that's like compared to Euros though -_-
Well, I'd have to first cover 700km to our capital city, then london/charles de gaulle and then into boston, or use more expensive flight straight to boston from helsinki. And since I could hardly travel all the way to boston alone (I'd just get lost navigating trough the airports and cities and lose my flight or something lol, I have experience in getting major lost and stressed which induces major headaches), I'd need someone to accompany me, for both security and second head around. Plus I'd need to practice with ntsc version for some time before going, that would mean either going to boston straight for a week or so or to netherlands (amsah has ntsc I think). Course if fuzzyness has ntsc...

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I disagree with this completely. What is the point of traveling so far for a tournament, just to be put against the people you normally play?

Unless you're suggesting that ever region hold a separate tournament in their area so that only really good people go. I also disagree with that idea, as that would surely prevent me from going.
Actually, when you think about it, my idea is crappy. Whoops.

If this somehow did happen, pools would take a whole day, at least. That's epic in itself right there.

Top Bottom