• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if...

Mars-

Smash Champion
We haven't seen all the characters? I mean, with online updates, sakurai could have easily made it so that we don't get all the characters until all the versions are released, and then he lets us download more characters.

Discuss.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
There's a small chance that that is the case( a very small one). I'm not getting my hopes up to much. :(

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Grasping at straws in a **** storm, I'm afraid.

Instead of hoping there's more than what you've seen, just go into denial like I have. Whenever I see a "spoiler" that isn't backed up with a picture or a video, I automatically convince myself it's not true (even though it probably is), so that when it ends up being in the game, I at least tricked myself into being surprised.

With all the pictures and youtube links that I'm sure are floating around the Brawl boards right now, I'm sure very few of those types of spoilers exist, but hey, it's something.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
so Brawl will have more characters?it must would be a shame to have 33 characters and half of them are clones and veterans

Titusville

Smash Cadet
We haven't seen all the characters? I mean, with online updates, sakurai could have easily made it so that we don't get all the characters until all the versions are released, and then he lets us download more characters.

Discuss.
It sure is weird that Clause is not in the roster.

manofonetitle

Smash Rookie
The only question I have that supports this thread is this:

How could anybody have unlocked every single character in brawl with no guide in only a few days when it took so much time to do it in melee?

justified_lollolz

Smash Cadet
I think that's because you unlock most characters in the SSE...Because every character fits somewhere in the story.That also explains why the roster is so uninspired. The story has to be filled with recognizable characters.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
Not even the slightest chance of it happening unless Nintendo releases an extended hardrive. And even then...

Mars-

Smash Champion
Rofl, if nintendo can send you a new stage, they can send you a new character. Don't give me that "they couldn't doit cause there would be no room" ****.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Rofl, if nintendo can send you a new stage, they can send you a new character. Don't give me that "they couldn't doit cause there would be no room" ****.
yes they could

but those stages last only one day............. what a character that lasts one day? that would suck if its someones favorite character

that would be interesting but probably wouldn't happen

susu_atari

Smash Ace
That "they couldn't doit cause there would be no room" "****" is not ****.

They can send custom stages because all the information regarding models and textures is already on the disc.
Every time you play a custom stage it gets "built" before the match. The data saved is simple grid-referencing of the stage elements.

Saving character data would require all new models, textures and animations to be saved to the Wii.

Same goes for non-custom stages.

Also, don't argue. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
Don't get your hopes up. It's possible that Sakurai hid more characters outside of the SSE, but that's unlikely.

Jacobcc

Smash Journeyman
It won't happen. There will be other characters but they'll be unlockables..there is no way on earth that they will be downloadable, if you have not noticed yet the dojo has been changed to take on a brand new role. They are posting secrets and spoilers now.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Maybe they will pull something similar to Manaphy and Pokemon Ranger... I mean it is possible to capture all the pokemon in Pokemon Ranger and have 100% completion but still not know about the hidden manaphy data. Which was highly guarded some how since no one could figure out the code of it until nintendo released it.

Maybe we have some secret coded in characters that Sakurai and his team will reveal later...

this is wishful thinking. >.>

burrito

Smash Lord
Not even the slightest chance of it happening unless Nintendo releases an extended hardrive. And even then...
The chance that Nintendo will release an external hard drive is quite high, though. Especially with all these new Wii ware games.Whether, they would actually decide to have downloadable content is hard to say. It's not the type of thing that I would expect Nintendo to do, but there are a lot of things that were done with Brawl that I wouldn't have expected. Giving Brawl an expansion pack would be better than releasing a sequel because new content is really the only thing that could be added to this game. Also, I'm curious what Sora, the company created to make Brawl, is going to do now that the game is finished.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I've always disliked having downloadable characters until now. I welcome that idea since we have only 35 characters. I only know 8 so far and I'm a bit worried about the rest. I'm not obsessed with female characters but I hope there's just one more female character besides Krystal (if she is confirmed). I'd like to see Lip or Micaiah but it's doubtful.

But I'm pretty happy that my most hated character
Pichu
has been axed.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Maybe they will pull something similar to Manaphy and Pokemon Ranger... I mean it is possible to capture all the pokemon in Pokemon Ranger and have 100% completion but still not know about the hidden manaphy data. Which was highly guarded some how since no one could figure out the code of it until nintendo released it.

Maybe we have some secret coded in characters that Sakurai and his team will reveal later...

this is wishful thinking. >.>
That's exactly what I was thinking.

I have a few more plausible theories to add:
1. There was an event a few weeks ago on Pokemon Diamond called "Diamond Dust" where in Snowpoint City the snow shined like stars that obly happened in that date, so maybe there's a character that can only be unlocked if you play on a certain day (March 9th 2009 perhaps?).

2. Another theory is that it's possible that they may take an Animal Crossing like approach, where if you log onto wi-fi on a set date, (anounced by Nintendo) you got new items. These item's were already in the game but Nintendo triggered them to appear. It would be only fitting that the Animal Crossing rep would be unlocked via that method.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
If those were the case, Sakurai would have made a small, not very noticable remark about that..

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
If those were the case, Sakurai would have made a small, not very noticable remark about that..
Things like that rarely get mentioned this early on. Nintendo normally announces event dates a month or two before they happen. They don't even announce if there even are events for games until then. I Pokemon everyone just assumed that there were events because they were events in the past games.

The same would probably go for Brawl. A lot of people don't that here actually were events for melee, but they just gave you hidden trophies or "Event Trophies" as they're more commonly know by. So it's only natural that they would take it a step farther in Brawl by having more than just hidden trophies.

I'm starting to think that the "Smash Service" for wi-fi might be used for more than custom stages, pics, & messages. Sakurai did say to make sure we turn it on. Maybe that was his "little hint". But, once again, I don't think that he'd let-on events this early on.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
so Brawl will have more characters?it must would be a shame to have 33 characters and half of them are clones and veterans
Uh.

There are 35 (counting alter egos) and only one of them is a full-clone. The other two are luigified-characters. And where in the world did you get "Half of them are veterans"?

Check your statistics next time.

burrito

Smash Lord
Downloadable content is still possible. We will never know until it happens, I suggest you guys get used to the current roster

See, I'm angry that
Krystal's
not in Brawl.

But other than that, I can deal.
Your_Hero said:
Krystal
is in brawl, although not in the way you'd want..
>< Did you guys forget that you were in the spoiler free zone?

LinkNSnake4Main said:
There are 35 (counting alter egos) and only one of them is a full-clone. The other two are luigified-characters. And where in the world did you get "Half of them are veterans"?
You are treading a thin line spoiler-wise. Is it too much to ask for people to use spoiler tags in the spoiler-free zone?

orintemple

Smash Lord
Is it weird that mother already has
twice
the representation that
metroid
has?
[SPOILER?]Umm. No? Metroid also has 2 reps. Sure they are the same person but they are completely different charcters that you can select before a fight. I think Mother has 2 reps as advertisement for Mother 3 also.

NukeA6

Smash Master
[SPOILER?]Umm. No? Metroid also has 2 reps. Sure they are the same person but they are completely different charcters that you can select before a fight.
I think Mother has 2 reps as advertisement for Mother 3 also.
You are talking about Zero suit Samus? That's no spoiler.

If she can be selected before a fight, that would be great.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
You are talking about Zero suit Samus? That's no spoiler.

If she can be selected before a fight, that would be great.
You can select her before a fight. I think you hold R on the gamecube controller as you pick her.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i know this is wierd and not very plausible and that you proly wont believe me. but i have a source that is connected to the japanese pro player aniki that says that 35 is not all there is

NukeA6

Smash Master
i know this is wierd and not very plausible and that you proly wont believe me. but i have a source that is connected to the japanese pro player aniki that says that 35 is not all there is
I just hope that guy is right because 35 is a bit too low for me. I expected 40 but 38 would do well.

But I still don't know the last character so there's still hope for me.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
That "they couldn't doit cause there would be no room" "****" is not ****.

They can send custom stages because all the information regarding models and textures is already on the disc.
Every time you play a custom stage it gets "built" before the match. The data saved is simple grid-referencing of the stage elements.

Saving character data would require all new models, textures and animations to be saved to the Wii.

Same goes for non-custom stages.

Also, don't argue. I know exactly what I'm talking about.
Quote For Truth!

Top Bottom