• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is everyone's main?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I figured this would be an interesting question to ask back here, who are your Brawl+ mains and secondaries? This doesn't only just spark interesting discussion, but we can also then look to certain people to continue to test these characters as new codesets are made.

In vBrawl, my main was ROB and my secondary was Snake. In Brawl+ however it's a lot different with currently maining Sonic and having Ike as my secondary. I always wanted to main Sonic in vBrawl, but was terrible in high level competitive play. His new buffs in B+ make him irresistible to use lol. I've been playing Ike a lot recently in vBrawl for fun, and he's so much better in Brawl+. His lower lag aerials make it great to land into a jab combo, and with hitstun you can pull off some crazy combos on some characters at %s like dthrow to usmash lolol. Also with the bigger focus on teching and such with faster movement and gravity, tech chasing continuous dairs on your opponent is too good.

shanus

Smash Hero
in vB, Olimar, MK & Falcon
in B+, Falcon, MK, Sonic & Dorf among others.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
In vBrawl I mained Sonic and had Marth as a second.

In brawl+ I main Sonic and Marth, while adding Ike and Pit to my secondaries. I play a little bit of other characters fairly well, but I'm far better with these guys than any of them.

The Cape

Smash Master
Why does everyone play Sonic?

I have an extensive list of characters that I care a ton about but I guess the few that I would know the most about would have to be:
Mario
Wolf
ZSS
Ivysaur

Edit: And Sonic :-p

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^I guess it's because everyone kinda wanted to play Sonic, but he was pretty bad in vBrawl.

I wonder how many Sonic mains in Brawl+ know what the acronyms stand for.:laugh: (not trying to bash anyone). Some are pretty obvious, like HA and SD, but then there's complicated ones like.

ASC=Aerial spin charge
SDR=Spindash roll
SDJ=Spin dash hop
iSDJ=instant spindash jump
iSDR=invincible spindash roll
vSDJ=vertical spindash jump

and other random little techs like spinshot and shield cancels (and everything that stems from shield cancels).

I don't know, It's just that whenever I use these terms with non-Sonic players people go :confused:, but actually typing out the terms and describing their functions is a pain.

Osi

Smash Ace
64 - fox
melee - fox/falcon/jiggly
Vbrawl - peach/fox
brawl+ - fox/falcon/jiggly

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
vBrawl
Mains: sheik, ganon
Second: dk
I played fox and pika when the game was first released, but dropped them after about a month or two

For brawl+, I "main" each of those 5 characters now, and am trying to add ness, falcon, wolf, and falco to my list of characters I use as seconds.

I obviously have the most experience with sheik and ganon, as even in brawl+ they're still the chars I play most frequently.

Kaotical

Smash Ace
Melee: Ganon & Peach
vBrawl: MK, Peach, Bowser
Brawl+: MK, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Ike, Sonic

Those characters are in no particular order.

Melee Ganon & Peach are both just ****, vBrawl Bowser is fun as ****, and all those Brawl+ characters are amazing IMO.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Melee: Jigglypuff, Falco distinctly secondary
Brawl: Fox, Wolf, about 10 other characters at the same level of secondaries

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I really play anyone. Variety is the spice of life. My bests are:

64: DK
Melee: Ganon, Samus, Marth
Brawl: DK, Wario, Ganon, Snake
Brawl+: DK, Wario, Ganon, Falcon, Snake

I stick to my guns. I play Smash cause of the characters. I didn't like the way Ganon played at first, but I worked with him and now love him.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Well, since this thread got revived, I guess I'll say that I've started to focus mainly on pika, ganon, and falco. Sheik is now a second, and anyone else that was on my previous list has been relegated to a tertiary.

Oh, and I never mentioned it before, but I mained fox in melee (can you tell by the avatar?).

Top Bottom